Sponsored

'Ford Performance' Aftermarket Air Filter

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Can anyone provide tips on how to actually clean this thing? I am having trouble finding any set of instructions, etc. on how to do so. Understand that detergent can be used, but do I scrub it with something? Submerge in a bucket? Just a bit lost at where to begin. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also - if I've had this thing installed for a few months and never detached the negative battery terminal as discussed above - would that be worth doing at this point to realize any potential benefit I may be missing?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Presumably, K&N Filter Cleaner would work as a 'non-petroleum based' cleaner? Anyone tried it?

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Can anyone provide tips on how to actually clean this thing? I am having trouble finding any set of instructions, etc. on how to do so. Understand that detergent can be used, but do I scrub it with something? Submerge in a bucket? Just a bit lost at where to begin. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also - if I've had this thing installed for a few months and never detached the negative battery terminal as discussed above - would that be worth doing at this point to realize any potential benefit I may be missing?
This is what i bought for the Ford Performance (basically the rebranded Airaid) air filter:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/aira...MInfKp7a2S5gIVEavsCh1ragopEAYYASABEgKUmPD_BwE

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Certainly the 'safe' way to go, but I'm guessing the filter is made of cotton so any mild detergent--soap, preferably--should work fine (they appear to recommend Simple Green and 409--known to be corrosive to aluminum--in the video). I'm still on the original FoMoCo (paper) filter in my Bullitt, and there's no sign of grease or oil on it but, living in California's Central Valley the dust has been suffocating and the filter shows it.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
thanks @Schwerin - your google fu is better than mine evidently. I appreciate it.
Sponsored