Sponsored

Grinding noise when shifting 2 to 3 gear.

Voodoo19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Procharged
Would like to first just say this is my first post here and I've learned a lot just reading though all the great info over the last year or so. I've own my 2017 Procharged gt350 since April this year. I bought it with just over 5,000 miles and the Procharger setup was installed by the previous owner at 2,800 miles. I now have just over 10,000 miles on it and my concern is when under hard acceleration from 2nd gear to 3rd gear I get a brief grinding noise when shifting. This has been going on since I owned the car and never does it under light to medium acceleration. Looking to see if anyone has some insight on the problem. Thanks
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
No experience with this exact transmission but I’ve rebuilt a couple gearboxes. Usually that would mean a worn synchro blocker ring - possibly a worn synchro slider but far less likely with your mileage. A clutch that isn’t disengaging completely is another slim possibility but it usually affects other gears also. Might be worth effort to bleed the clutch down but I wouldn’t expect a cure out of it. It will probably have to be torn down when it gets worse.

OP
OP

Voodoo19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Procharged
No experience with this exact transmission but I’ve rebuilt a couple gearboxes. Usually that would mean a worn synchro blocker ring - possibly a worn synchro slider but far less likely with your mileage. A clutch that isn’t disengaging completely is another slim possibility but it usually affects other gears also. Might be worth effort to bleed the clutch down but I wouldn’t expect a cure out of it. It will probably have to be torn down when it gets worse.
Thanks for the info
Sponsored