Billet Fuel Door - Your Thoughts??

Chubbiejones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Anyone utilizing a billet style fuel door on their rides? If so what are your thoughts? I have reviewed the MMD and from what I can it looks to be of good quality but I have never physically viewed one.

Any and all recommendations are always greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I bought one of the Scott Drake ones and returned it. It looked cheesy.

OP
OP

Chubbiejones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I bought one of the Scott Drake ones and returned it. It looked cheesy.
Agreed! But the Drake style are plastic versus billet so I’m sure that had something to do with the cheesy factor!

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Ahhhhhh.... no!!!!! I think any fuel door of a different style or color looks out of place.
I saw a fuel door on the AM site that can be orders in your color and has an embedded pony..... not sure if the manufacturer??? That one looks fine, as it’s very subtle. Other than that one, my $0.02 is no. :)

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The cheesy factor was the different color. From 15' you couldn't tell if it was plastic or aluminum.

Sponsored

Drake Muscle Cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
We recently released an aluminum fuel door, which follows the body lines but has a little different styling. It comes in satin black and satin silver w/black accent. It's an alternative to some of the other ones out there, including our popular plastic fuel doors.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That car looks great with the black cap, but it has accents, the 18 on side, spoiler wheels etc.

on a regular non accented car it would look silly. But I dig it on that car. If I ever damage mine somehow I might actually consider it, I have black accents

OP
OP

Chubbiejones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
We recently released an aluminum fuel door, which follows the body lines but has a little different styling. It comes in satin black and satin silver w/black accent. It's an alternative to some of the other ones out there, including our popular plastic fuel doors.

I will have to admit this option from Drake is more my style over the plastic. Curious, does Drake provide a discount for forum members?
That car looks great with the black cap, but it has accents, the 18 on side, spoiler wheels etc.

on a regular non accented car it would look silly. But I dig it on that car. If I ever damage mine somehow I might actually consider it, I have black accents
Agreed, I do have a black accent theme on my ride as well and with the cost being reasonable I might just have to splurge!