Sponsored

Lots of questions from a Mustang shopper

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Maybe I missed it, but is there a reason you don’t want the 401a?
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
why? aren't you paying attention to the 3 second interval in front of you? Cruise disable is a thumb button or slight brush of brake pedal away if you need to intervene.
It's not just turning it off, or a 3 second interval.

90% of the mileage on my vehicles come from OTR travel as a part of my job. I get tired of using my thumb to constantly adjust my speed for 2-3 hours at a time one way from Atlanta up into the Carolinas on I-85 and back. I have had to replace one switch assembly already, and of course it was just out of warranty.

They must offer adaptive cruise control for a reason. The type of driving I do helps me understand the need.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1

90% of the mileage on my vehicles come from OTR travel as a part of my job. I get tired of using my thumb to constantly adjust my speed for 2-3 hours at a time one way from Atlanta up into the Carolinas on I-85 and back. I have had to replace one switch assembly already, and of course it was just out of warranty.

They must offer adaptive cruise control for a reason. The type of driving I do helps me understand the need.
Having lived in Atlanta for 20 years and driven that route many times, if you leave a 3 second interval, another car will fill that spot. Now that I have adaptive cruise, I love it.

OP
OP
Laserbrain

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I missed it, but is there a reason you don’t want the 401a?
Heated steering wheel seems nice.
I don't know how useful the rest is, although it seems 401A is the only way to get any sort of lane-change warning (on a GT Premium).

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I love the Torsen in my car. You can really feel it digging I,to the corners when you get into the throttle in corners and i love that feeling.

And even in the rain its so much fun when you let the tail hang out then just roll on the throttle.

That said even the base comes with a clutch type LSD on ALL gts.

The clutch type is great too, but I like the fact that the torsen is built for life, no rebuilds needed. And the 3.73 gears rock.

If you get a performance pack be sure to swap to all seasons unless you just love buying tires every year...

All seasons do feel like shit compared to the sticky rubber but it lasts longer and theres so much tire on the car u won't really have a lack of traction issue unless u flat out cant drive...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
All seasons do feel like shit compared to the sticky rubber
When I first went from the Supercar 3's to the Conti DWS 06 the change was dramatic and I had a 'what have I done' moment. But after playing with PSI and getting miles on them I'm quite happy with the results. And anyway if you're overdriving A/S tires on the street, might want to get a reality check.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how useful the rest is, although it seems 401A is the only way to get any sort of lane-change warning (on a GT Premium).
Lane change is part of the Safe and Sound package. Think it was $1000. I have 400 and have Bliss and safe and sound. I have heated seats, don't have upgraded digital display, nor upgraded leather, nor do I have a heated steering wheel which I didn't even know was available. I love the adaptive cruise and auto high beams. I have tried the lane keeping system but haven't gotten used to it. Doubt I will use it. I know it isn't popular but I'd take the safe and sound and bliss over the digital display.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I don’t think I can go back to an analogue display after having the digital.

OP
OP
Laserbrain

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the help everyone. The car belongs to me now.

It's pretty much loaded.
6MT
401A
PP2
Safe & Smart
Enhanced Security Package
Active Valve Performance Exhaust
B&O

Waiting for snow tires to arrive before I take delivery.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

It's pretty much loaded.
6MT
401A
PP2
Safe & Smart
B&O

Congrats laserbrain, you got it all. You’re going to love it. Enjoy!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Yep, just drove back from NC for a Thanksgiving trip (Charlotte was a blast), without ACC it would've been excruciating (er, well, more so, hahaha, gotta love holiday traffic :D)

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey

It's pretty much loaded.
6MT
401A
PP2
Safe & Smart
B&O

Congratulations! What color did you get?

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I'd love to see a picture. By the way, I have never seen a PP2 driving around or at any local car show events near me. I really like the PP2 wheel combo. Congrats!!!

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I have an 301a 18 PP1 A10 with active exhaust and Blind spot in mirrors cloth power seats and transmission modes ,my other car is a 19 Bullitt with magneride and all the bells and whistles ...i will say after riding in both cars and a PP2 i would not daily a PP2 its like riding on a Buck board Magneride is the way to go and the PP1 is a great ballance of handling and comfort if having a fixed suspension is the only option ..401A digital dash is nice B/O audio is cool and heated cooled seats and heated steering wheel is awsome but i Still love my A10 PP1 301a car as much or more than my19 Bullitt .
Sponsored