Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Added a vote for oil consumption. Have been trying to get dealers/Ford to take my consumption issue seriously since May. Have been doing a run around with them since that time. Most recently losing > 2 liters per ~500 miles.

Dealer called me today and said they're going to move forward with replacing the engine. Next step is getting Ford to approve.

Ford customer service reps full of lies and bullshit. Next car will not be a Ford.
I feel your pain, but after getting a brand new motor with updates, I’ll never let this car go. Dealer is already trying to get me to upgrade, but this is the perfect car for me. Despite its problems, I love this car, and I can’t say the same for any other car I’ve owned other than a B8.5 Stage 1 S4, and the only reason I let her go was because a patient’s driver smashed mine to bits in the surgery center parking lot. I love my GT350. It is a pain to go through the process, but once you have the updated motor, your happiness will return.

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The problems are one thing and I could live with them after being corrected. My issue is that I have been trying to get the problems addressed since May. I have had dealers refuse to take the car in, dealers trying to say it's caused by an aftermarket oil plug, dealers both deleting and never documenting history of the vehicle's oil consumption tests while trying to get me to pay for the oil during the tests, and Ford CS reps tell me verifiably incorrect information while telling me it's not their problem how the dealers are handling the issue. So ya, fuck Ford.

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I felt the same way as you when I started the oil consumption process, like no one was listening to me, and that I was going to get f*cked. Thankfully, I was able to let go of all that anger because it was causing health issues. Anyways, I finally realized it was better to work with the system rather than fight it. Even though it took about 5 months since the first oil consumption test (not all the delays were Ford's fault) I finally got my car back with the new engine and it's better than ever and I have no plans on ever selling it.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The problems are one thing and I could live with them after being corrected. My issue is that I have been trying to get the problems addressed since May. I have had dealers refuse to take the car in, dealers trying to say it's caused by an aftermarket oil plug, dealers both deleting and never documenting history of the vehicle's oil consumption tests while trying to get me to pay for the oil during the tests, and Ford CS reps tell me verifiably incorrect information while telling me it's not their problem how the dealers are handling the issue. So ya, fuck Ford.
An aftermarket drain plug ??

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You probably shouldn't have told them your screen name.

But seriously, I don't blame you for feeling that way. Any chance/interest in trying other dealers? Maybe a member here knows a decent one within driving distance.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
An aftermarket drain plug ??
Some people are stupid. LOTS of people will fight to the death to not admit a mistake. A GM dealer made a Camaro customer go to court over a blown engine, blaming it on an oil separator the customer put on because "those will suck all the oil out of an engine". The dealer actively worked to prevent GM from warrantying the engine.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
You probably shouldn't have told them your screen name.

But seriously, I don't blame you for feeling that way. Any chance/interest in trying other dealers? Maybe a member here knows a decent one within driving distance.
Yeah go somewhere else. I don't get these stories of dealers taking so long to replace a motor. Why would they fight it? They are getting warranty mechanic hours from Ford. My experience couldn't have been easier - started an oil consumption test in january and had a new motor in feb

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Mine was pretty easy, but I did have to do two 500 mile drives for the test and I did not pay for the oil. The rear cylinder block plate replacement took more intervention on my part, as the service manager was being an ahole about it till I called CS and opened a case on it.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Mine was pretty easy, but I did have to do two 500 mile drives for the test and I did not pay for the oil. The rear cylinder block plate replacement took more intervention on my part, as the service manager was being an ahole about it till I called CS and opened a case on it.
assholes made me pay for the oil even though I had an oil change not even 2000 miles prior, and putting 1-2 fresh quarts in every week.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My dealer has taken 2 weeks now to correct the issues I found with the replacement makes me think they found more issues. It occurs to me most of my issues have been dealer issues...

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Didn't give them my screen name lol. I purposely didn't post anything about this. I'm one of those types that has NO social media accounts... Epstein didn't kill himself. Hint, hint.

And yes, they tried to deflect to an aftermarket drain plug as being the issue causing the problem. 'You have an aftermarket drain plug and it's loose'... Amazing considering the design of said plug and the fact the dealer themselves reinstalled that plug during the second step of the consumption test while verbally telling me there was no sign of an oil leak... all while deleting/modifying record of said test. But you know... corporate Ford doesn't give a fuck about their dealers.

So like I said, fuck Ford and their dealers. First and last Ford I ever buy.

If anyone is interested in a meticulously kept 2017 with paint correction, PPF, and a brand new 2020 engine let me know. It'll be up for sale in the next few months.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My dealer has taken 2 weeks now to correct the issues I found with the replacement makes me think they found more issues. It occurs to me most of my issues have been dealer issues...
same. Car out of alignment, damaged front grille, compressor damaged because overfilled.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
So like I said, fuck Ford and their dealers. First and last Ford I ever buy.
Based on this and at least one other thread I have seen where you have commented, you are not a very happy person! I hope things get better for you so you can enjoy yourself.....!!!

Lil Blu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350
Some people are stupid. LOTS of people will fight to the death to not admit a mistake. A GM dealer made a Camaro customer go to court over a blown engine, blaming it on an oil separator the customer put on because "those will suck all the oil out of an engine". The dealer actively worked to prevent GM from warrantying the engine.
Curious about the outcome of his case. I'm guessing he prevailed and GM paid all cost, right?

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Based on this and at least one other thread I have seen where you have commented, you are not a very happy person! I hope things get better for you so you can enjoy yourself.....!!!

'And', not 'at least', just 'and' one other thread where clearly the virtue signaling and acceptance of posing is now an accepted thing when only years ago people who put GT500/Shelby/or any other performance badging on cars that they did not belong on were laughed away. I'm now even seeing GT350s with 500 snakes plastered on them locally. To each his own, sure...

On topic,
Are you guys recieving new crate motors, remanufactured, or what?

I picked up the car today and they told me verbally it received a new crate motor by both the tech and SA. UnlessI am misunderstanding Ford codes/language the documentation clearly states remanufactured and only a "new" long block. Didn't get to stick around long today to investigate due to work. Same lying ass dealer, so needless to say I'm heading back up there tomorrow.
IMG_20191206_155932.jpg
IMG_20191206_155949__01.jpg