Sponsored

Possibly a whole family of Mustangs coming.

• Thread starter Deleted member 35786
  • Start date
  • Watchers 30

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Whole thing is idiotic and a horrible decision. My next car will not be a mustang. Embarrassing. So much for american muscle. LMAO
Sponsored

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So. What if we get a S2000 like mustang with the EB? What if we see a more modern sedan version? What would be wrong with this? I really can't wait to buy the Mach-E. And I like the idea of breaking off Mustang into its own branch and brand. Like FIAT did with Ferrari and made them a public seperate company again.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
So. What if we get a S2000 like mustang with the EB? What if we see a more modern sedan version? What would be wrong with this? I really can't wait to buy the Mach-E. And I like the idea of breaking off Mustang into its own branch and brand. Like FIAT did with Ferrari and made them a public seperate company again.
You mean MUSTANG Mach E. Dont forget the MUSTANG

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You mean MUSTANG Mach E. Dont forget the MUSTANG
Nah. It's a Mach-E of the Mustang Brand by Ford. That's all it really is. Like how SRT was its own brand for a bit and how RAM is it's own brand. I think they want to break off their Mustang business to protect those in country jobs as they restructure FORD for the future tech and fab warehousing.

There's some executive moves going on here and it's playing out relatively smooth by my opinion.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
SRT is a performance varient just like how SVT is for Ford. Mach E SVT or ST is fine.
This is no different from Dodge creating a truck and branding it as VIPER Truck, or Ferrari coming out with a bulldozer and naming it Testarossa, Porche coming out with a 911 golf cart.
Ford destroyed the Mustang brand and its sad. Adding Mach to this new electric SUV is enough, but they went further and had to add Mustang to the name and also come out with a GT and Cobra version...
Im ranting, ill stop. BTW, what do you mean "Nah", the official name is actually Mustang Mach E.

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I've heard various people nention selling a vehicle because they don't agree with the direction that the company is taking long after their vehicle was sold as new.

What good does it do? Ford already got their money fron the original buyer.

Selling it now can only affect the current owner, and have no consequence for Ford.

Again, I'm just trying to understand this approach.
Yeah i cant sell my car. There's nothing out there I can replace it with...

All it means is my next "new" car will be a GT350 and a S197 GT500.

Maybe in a few years a S550 GT500 with a tremec magnum XL

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
I've heard various people nention selling a vehicle because they don't agree with the direction that the company is taking long after their vehicle was sold as new.

Selling it now can only affect the current owner, and have no consequence for Ford.

Identity. Many of us "car people" buy a car that we think/feel reflects our own personality. That may be even more true for people that buy a "weekend or fun car", as this car may represent more of themselves than they think their more sensible daily driver does. What Ford did by naming a CUV "Mustang", a vehicle that represents the POLAR OPPOSITE of what a Mustang has always represented to most people, now challenges the "real Mustang's" identity and therefore that of many of its owners. And make no mistake, it has already negatively impacted the image and identity of the "real Mustang" to other automobile enthusiasts and owners, as well.

I'm not a psychologist and won't try to dive much further than that, but enthusiasts are PASSIONATE about their cars because it tends to be more of a heart felt hobby and not just a sensible, sterile "vehicle to get from point A to B" for them. And again, CUVs are the sensible, sterile A to B vehicles in today's market.

This passion and emotion for this hobby are why you and Ford are seeing this response. If they changed the name of the Escape to something different, most people wouldn't give a shyte because it's just a sensible, A to B type of POS.

So while I personally wouldn't sell my car over this, I completely understand the reasoning. The Mustang has never been this "uncool" and Ford has literally and officially identified the Mustang with its polar opposite in the current market.

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

That's simply not true. Yes, they have your money for the initial purchase price. Does your car last forever? Heck no, you have to keep replacing parts as they break. Where do you get parts from? Well.. the dealer is always an option(at least for a few decades). They are making money off of you long after you initially purchased the car.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
That's simply not true. Yes, they have your money for the initial purchase price. Does your car last forever? Heck no, you have to keep replacing parts as they break. Where do you get parts from? Well.. the dealer is always an option(at least for a few decades). They are making money off of you long after you initially purchased the car.
So if I sell my car, it's not going to break anymore and the next owner won't have to buy new parts? WOW, that's better than a new car warranty.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
So if I sell my car, it's not going to break anymore and the next owner won't have to buy new parts? WOW, that's better than a new car warranty.
You're missing the point...

I highly doubt the next owner is going to care like I do about the quality of the part they put on this car. I'm picky about the parts that I install on my cars.

You laugh, but a warranty on these Mustangs is crucial. The way water pumps and evaporator cores go out on these cars, that warranty will save your ass.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
How many pumps and evap cores have you personally gone through?
Some guys here have had 2 or 3 AC evap cores done - lots of AC evap core failures on the S550. At $1500 a pop for the repair job, that's pretty nuts if someone had to pay out of pocket.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
You're missing the point...

I highly doubt the next owner is going to care like I do about the quality of the part they put on this car. I'm picky about the parts that I install on my cars.

You laugh, but a warranty on these Mustangs is crucial. The way water pumps and evaporator cores go out on these cars, that warranty will save your ass.
I'm not missing the point, I just think your logic is flawed. After the car is sold, Ford has made their money. If the car breaks under warranty, Ford suffers the loss. If it breaks out of warranty the owner suffers the loss, and Ford may sell the parts to whoever owns the car. Selling your car because you're mad at Ford for naming another vehicle after their icon thinking that that is going to hurt Ford in some way just doesn't make sense; at least not to me.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I want to know when did BMW buy Ford? On most BMW's you can get an "M" wheel package, an "M" brake package, "M" trim package, an "M235"(not a full M2) and bunch of other "M" crap also. In Germany you can even get an "M" kitchen sink too.

BMW M3's, M2's, M4(which is a stupid name-due to no brand history) are just diluted crap foisted on people by the marketing department. Per the marketing dept: "If the "M" cars are great-then slap an "M" badge on everything(including their SUV's), then everyone will flock to BMW dealers.

Aaaaaahhh....no. When you put the marketing dept. in charge at any company-all you get is $hit.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Here's the question. How often in its history has Ford had multiple vehicles worthy of the name Mustang?

We discussed the Probe as an example of enthusiasts rising up against misapplication of the name but some dismissed that because it was slated to replace the RWD Mustang.

Do people think if Ford had said that instead that they would rename it the "Mustang Probe" that it would have been accepted?

What about their best non-Mustang vehicles? Would the Mustang Focus and Mustang Fiesta be acceptable? What about a complete poser like the Mustang Edge?

The truth is that it's only through laser focus and the greatest of effort that Ford has been able to maintain a single model that they've only rarely screwed up enough to sully the Mustang name, and fortunately never irreparably. Every other model turns into a shit show, gets dropped, or turns into a shit show and then gets dropped.

The idea that Ford could execute on a line of Mustang models without wrecking the brand entirely is pure fantasy.
Sponsored

Last edited: