Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Hey @jpogi. It's been a while since I've looked under there but I'm preeeeeettty sure that fourth hole you're referring to is actually one of the 2 holes you will bolt the cowl brace onto, so you don't actually put a bolt there until you've put the cowl brace in place. The 3 holes on the back side of the cowl plate are used only to mount the firewall extension panel to the firewall.
Sponsored

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Black Accent pkg
Hey @jpogi. It's been a while since I've looked under there but I'm preeeeeettty sure that fourth hole you're referring to is actually one of the 2 holes you will bolt the cowl brace onto, so you don't actually put a bolt there until you've put the cowl brace in place. The 3 holes on the back side of the cowl plate are used only to mount the firewall extension panel to the firewall.
Hey the OG is back!

Yeah, the fourth thread hole of the cowl goes with the kbrace. So aside from the three in the actual back firewall, we have another three bolts that mates the cowl and kbrace in the front... plus the last two by the battery side. Eight bolts in total.

I am missing one bolt, because the base car only have four bolts with the plastic kbrace (two by the battery side and two by the middle).

IMG_5154.JPG

Yellow - are the three back firewall. Threads are on the cowl extension.

Green - is the two you were saying (bolted to the sheet metal and plastic brace on the base trim). Threads are in the car sheet metal.

Red/green - Is the one missed in the post. Thread is in the cowl extension.

(Not in picture - two more bolts near the battery and plastic brace on base trim. Threaded on the battery compartment wall.)

Last edited:

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the front subframe brace with insulator cover. But only the brand new bolts are visible, due to poor lighting lol!
E10BC6D1-416E-49EA-83FA-27CED3E5E71A.jpeg

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just finished the install. I did need an extra bolt like @jpogi mentioned in his pic above. Otherwise the green/red circle would be missing a bolt. I did the same thing, put a bolt there and kept the hole by the red positive battery terminal empty. Once the new bolt comes in it'll be easier to just screw it in there.

Sponsored

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty easy install for the most part. Found it easier to just take the battery out to slide the extension panel into place.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Just finished the install. I did need an extra bolt like @jpogi mentioned in his pic above. Otherwise the green/red circle would be missing a bolt. I did the same thing, put a bolt there and kept the hole by the red positive battery terminal empty. Once the new bolt comes in it'll be easier to just screw it in there.
well done.
Who was your source for the parts? It seems like price and shipping vary greatly on OEM parts...

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Pretty easy install for the most part. Found it easier to just take the battery out to slide the extension panel into place.
did this allow you to not have to pull the wiper arms?

matt16z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Has anyone done this on a 19 GT? Are the part numbers the same? In particular, the k-brace and insulator.

Sponsored

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone done this on a 19 GT? Are the part numbers the same? In particular, the k-brace and insulator.
Mine is (posts on page 10 & 11) is a 19 GT. All parts fits perfectly. But you have to buy four bolts instead of three.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't have a 19 but I did this to my base 17. I did the K brace without the extension brace due to it not being part of the kit. I was happy with the results but kept hearing how much the extension piece was needed. Yesterday I installed the piece and all I can say is it helps. Well worth the 50 bucks IMO

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I got the firewall extension installed yesterday. The back screws don't seem to actually bolt into the firewall since the holes were much bigger and there was no threading. Is that normal? Once I installed the cowl brace it did seem to be on there pretty solid.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The plate has the threads. It goes under the firewall lip and bolts secure.

matt16z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dumb question here... What is the cowl extension even for? All of the strut tower braces I've seen don't mention anything about that.
Sponsored