2018-2020 VMP KIT

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would assume VMP is working on some additional information on "typical" HP and TQ numbers using 91, 93, and E85. Would be nice to see this at and what boost and pulley size.

Also what, if any modifications are needed for installation on the 18+ mustang. Need info on the triple pass HE and fans, like someone else asked, are they thermostatically controlled for instance?

Inquiring minds want to know since 9K, plus install is a lot of coin.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I don't quite see how this would meet my needs better than an Edelbrock with a custom tune....and the EB is less money.
It's similarly priced to a EB kit with options. Sure you can get a base kit cheaper.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
It's similarly priced to a EB kit with options. Sure you can get a base kit cheaper.
Assuming no Black Friday deals on the VMP, it is about $800-900 higher than an EB tuner kit with similar injectors, BAP, TB, etc. There are some deals available....

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Assuming no Black Friday deals on the VMP, it is about $800-900 higher than an EB tuner kit with similar injectors, BAP, TB, etc. There are some deals available....
Took the words right out of my mouth

The VMP looks sick but until VMP actually does a sale, the EB the better choice

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
The way the VMP supercharger housing is designed might be better for power even though the rotors are the same as any other Eaton TVS. However, the EB design is already capable of more power than I am looking for, anyway. I am not sure if I like fans on the HE either. Plenty of pros and cons about that.

Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The way the VMP supercharger housing is designed might be better for power even though the rotors are the same as any other Eaton TVS. However, the EB design is already capable of more power than I am looking for, anyway. I am not sure if I like fans on the HE either. Plenty of pros and cons about that.
The fans on the heat exchanger can be removed if you don't want to run them.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Those are big injectors for a DI engine.
Yes/no. They're big injectors for a 93 octane based car. The common thought is that the dual port injection is going to make up for a lot of extra fueling needs up high. While this is true for most street cars, once you start breaking into the ~950+ WHP cars on e85, that notion gets thrown out the window. The direct injection advantages at WOT begin to drop off at that point and you're back to fairly standard coyote fueling strategies.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
I am not sure if I like fans on the HE either. .
i believe vmp tested their triple pass heat exchanger on a blown boss 302 on a road course, i read the pros and cons idk either though. im picking up their gen3 kit for my 16 and thats what it comes with

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I watched an install of a VMP on a 17 model GT. They were using a hand held grinder on the block to slice off certain things so the blower would clear. Did not like this at all.

Point is, I hope this is not the case on the new 2018 and up versions.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Roush kits require that to be done too, I don’t think the new VMP will require that

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
If i wasnt doing an LPF twin turbo, id go vmp hands down....

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
According to VMPs latest video, their shop car made 805 WHP with the new kit on 93 and boostane. I think they said that was at 14 PSI of boost. They claimed that there is much more in it.

I have no idea what options are available as far as pulleys, tuning, etc. I do know that with 805 WHP, one would need other engine and drivetrain mods to avoid real chances of catastrophe. For my purposes, it would need to be toned down several notches.

Stangmode also has a video where he drove the shop car and he remarked how smooth it was and that the drivability seemed quite good.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea I watched stangmodes vid

I also ask VMP about boost and they were sketchy but 805w is not what u and I want

They also offer a ported blower too if u so wanna pay

I wanna see 3rd party install and dyno first and I would still have lund tune it

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
According to VMPs latest video, their shop car made 805 WHP with the new kit on 93 and boostane. I think they said that was at 14 PSI of boost. They claimed that there is much more in it.

I have no idea what options are available as far as pulleys, tuning, etc. I do know that with 805 WHP, one would need other engine and drivetrain mods to avoid real chances of catastrophe. For my purposes, it would need to be toned down several notches.

Stangmode also has a video where he drove the shop car and he remarked how smooth it was and that the drivability seemed quite good.
Chuck said they put a splash of Boostane in the tank. I wish I was online for this video. My question would be, "Chuck, how much is a splash." AFAIK a splash has no specific volume.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Yea I watched stangmodes vid

I also ask VMP about boost and they were sketchy but 805w is not what u and I want

They also offer a ported blower too if u so wanna pay

I wanna see 3rd party install and dyno first and I would still have lund tune it
As far as I know the VMP Odin is not CARB approved. How would you and Stangmode get around the CARB regulations. Pennsylvania and New Jersey are both CARB states aren't they.
Sponsored