zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
because Tesla never opened up a stores in my State
They can't because your state's Dealership association has enough lobbying power to block them from doing so. Their direct to customer model is threatening to dealerships...
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I get the idea, that since Tesla has no Dealers across the Country, that Ford Dealers can't service an EV... is your way of saying Tesla is better to own..?
My point is that this is Fords first EV. It is an entirely different type of vehicle that Ford dealers and Ford themselves are not used to servicing. There will be service issues in the first few years and you are kidding yourself if you do not think so. Have there been any details released on the Mach Es powertrain warranty? Are they going to warranty their batteries like Tesla? How long will they warranty the battery? What is the expected lifespan of the battery? These are all things you know for Tesla and do not know for Ford.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
My point is that this is Fords first EV. It is an entirely different type of vehicle that Ford dealers and Ford themselves are not used to servicing. There will be service issues in the first few years and you are kidding yourself if you do not think so. Have there been any details released on the Mach Es powertrain warranty? Are they going to warranty their batteries like Tesla? How long will they warranty the battery? What is the expected lifespan of the battery? These are all things you know for Tesla and do not know for Ford.
I understand all of that. But somehow, you think Tesla is more capable than Ford with dealing with those issues..?

Did I mention I've never seen a Tesla dealer...
Michigan and nearly everywhere in the Country (except those hotspots I mentioned), Tesla is essentially vaporware... and it seems you hold that car company in high regards. Everyone knows EV cars are coming, and being savvy billionaire and using other's people's money to be the first doesn't impress me. Just a great business opportunity. Tesla is not the best, just that Elon can afford not to be afraid of loosing investor's money, and eventually he made the car company work. The world learned Elon's lessons, including Ford. Not-to-mention, all his blowharding about autonomous has fallen by the wayside and Tesla are just another EV company now, like Ford..

Again, 10 years later we are starting to see cheap EV cars for masses, since the infrastructure and tech is becoming readily available. That doesn't bode well for Tesla's blandly designed cars, that are far too pedestrian. Such a design has one target audience in mind... non-drivers. (ie: People who can't don't want to drive)

All Ford Motor Company needs to do, is put a bank of DC chargers at all their Dealerships and Tesla is essentially out of business..! (In 10 years time, Tesla will be a few boutique stores along the west coast, DC and New York. Just like they are now.)

Last edited:

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
All of that information is already known.

• Electric Unique Component coverage: 8 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) retaining a minimum of 70% of its original capacity over that period²
  • Powertrain coverage: 5 years / 60,000 miles (non high-voltage components)²
  • Bumper to Bumper coverage: 3 years / 36,000 miles²
  • Safety Restraint System coverage: 5 years / 60,000 miles²
  • Corrosion coverage (Perforation only): 5 years / unlimited miles²
  • Electric Vehicle Roadside Assistance Program: 5 years / 60,000 miles²
Ford has worked with hybrid powertrains for awhile. Again I don't see it being difficult to train the techs on an EV powertrain when an ICE powertain is vastly more complex work for the techs. Its simply training. Will they have some hiccups, sure, but I highly doubt it will be anywhere to the level of Teslas. Tesla had to learn how to be a manufacturer/dealer. Ford already has that down.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
And that's where the big money is.
We need to define big. If your talking about the 1%er's then there is big money in every state. But how many 1%er's are buying model 3's. A $40k Telsa is now considered a mid priced car. Tens of thousands are being bought by everyday people of all generations in every state and overseas.

Honestly I think it is un-American to be against an American company employing and feeding thousands of Americans (TIC). Also consider all of the other companies Musk owns that also employ additional thousands of Americans. No one says you need to love Musk, even like him. Yeah. he can most certainly be an ass. But stop being so damned small minded and look at the bigger picture. Musk, Tesla, SpaceX and SolarCity and The Boring Co. are good for America.

One last thought. How many Telsa owners thought of buying a foreign car not built the good old USA? Want to bash him for that too?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I'm curious to hear from those who have put down deposits why they've chosen to put a deposit on this thing rather than the Tesla Model Y, which would seem to have better performance and better range at a lower price.
Because a Tesla is not a Mustang.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if someone reserved a Mach E, is the dealership going to mark it up over MSRP if they are greedy?

When does the selling price get determined with the selling dealership? Before the car is built, before it arrives, or after it arrives at the dealership?

If it's already been discussed I missed it.
It's very clear on the Ford site that the dealership will set the price so I imagine ADM will be rampant. If so, I will cancel mine and just go with the GT500 (ADM will be gone by then) and Bronco once the ADM for those die down unless the Mach E ADM goes away first. Then decision time. Bronco or Mach E. I want an all electric just because I don't have one. If a full size Bronco full electric looks eminent, I will go that route.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So to the original question.

I think I counted 4 or 5 total so far who have deposits. At least those willing to admit it. LOL. I did not go back and read each page to get the exact count but it is not very many.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The only available option shown so far for the GT are color, wheel choice, 360 camera, and active park. The base GT will be mid 3 second to 60.

The above information are my take aways from reading the terms and conditions when placing my reservation.
No. The mid 3 second number is stated as "GT with options".

upload_2019-11-26_10-22-23.png

The GT without options is projected as "under 4 seconds".

upload_2019-11-26_10-23-13.png

Ford explained this in their press material. There will be a "Performance Edition" to the GT that will be required to achieve the mid 3 second number.

upload_2019-11-26_10-26-52.png

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e/2100008025/

Given Ford's usual pricing and inclusion of Magnaride this is probably going to be a 4-6k package.

Sponsored

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo

upload_2019-11-26_10-22-23.png

upload_2019-11-26_10-23-13.png

Ford explained this in their press material. There will be a "Performance Edition" to the GT that will be required to achieve the mid 3 second number.

upload_2019-11-26_10-26-52.png

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e/2100008025/

Given Ford's usual pricing and inclusion of Magnaride this is probably going to be a 4-6k package.
I'm not worried about 3 or 4 tenths and the pricing and option to get there are all speculation right now. It will be interesting to see what options will be available. If they make a handling/big brake/performance pack count me in.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Did I mention I've never seen a Tesla dealer...
Your state does not allow them to service their cars either.... Refer back to the map that was posted a few above.

I think Tesla has the expertise that Ford currently does not have in EVs and I think Tesla has more at stake to get the job done vs Ford where the Mach E will be a literal drop in the bucket of their sales. Ford is still very much planted in the ICE/Hybrid world and not a true EV contender yet. Yes the Mach E is an impressive entry, but its limited to 50k units in its first year and I think Ford will have a hard time making that number higher when most of their factories are dedicated to ICE vehicles and they are reliant on a outside battery manufacturer. It will take a full business model shift in Ford over to EV to be a true contender which will not happen quickly. But this is all my opinion. Back to another point as well, Tesla can get the same amount of range out of a vehicle with a 55kw battery pack (Model 3/Model Y standard range) as Ford is able to achieve out of a 75kw pack. Tesla vehicles are more efficient and have better designed electronics. And there are plenty of sources you can find to support my statement.

If Ford turned all of their dealerships into charging stations that would be impressive, remember though that Ford does not directly own their dealerships. They are owned by private parties and it would be up to these private parties to install and maintain such a system. The more viable option for Ford is to partner with Electrify America (which they have done)...

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
....Did I mention I've never seen a Tesla dealer...
Michigan and nearly everywhere in the Country (except those hotspots I mentioned), Tesla is essentially vaporware... ...
I don’t think it counts as a “dealer” but Tesla has a storefront in Somerset Collection in Troy, where you can see and touch the cars (not sure if you can get in them or not) and where the “associates” on duty can help you configure a car and find one in an area that does sell Tesla.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Please read and reread this slowly. Are we really having a conversation about a five passenger, four door CUV doing 0-60 in under 4 seconds? Are we talking about a 100K Porsche Cayenne? A 150K Lamborghini Uras? No, we are talking about a Ford, a Ford. I do not care what model name they stick on it (well actually I do :frown:) this amazing performance and blows the doors off of many of our current Mustangs.
Sponsored