Sponsored

Ford Power Pack Stg 1 to PBD Tune - Problems

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I decided to take advantage of the black friday sale and picked up an ngauge and PBD tune. I've been running the FPP 1 tune for awhile and just am getting bored.

So far I haven't had much luck with this. I flashed the first iteration that PBD gave me and it needs work. After sending them logs, i wanted to return the vehicle to stock. I selected the stock file that was saved on the ngauge and the tune failed to write. Said wrong file. I then tried the very original stock tune that was taken when i send it off to PBD. That also failed.

Lastly I tried to return the car to the PBD tune. That seemed to write, but again, the car failed to accept the tune and just throws up errors and will not start.

So what are my options here? I've sent this info all to PBD and am waiting to hear back. At this point I'm wishing i would have just left it alone.
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I'm not able to load the stock file from the "load stock" location on the ngauge. I had to load the stock file into the custom tune folder and then load it from there.

OP
OP
Commbubba19

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I made some headway.

my dumbass probably should have reverted the car to stock stock using the ford pro cal tool.

so reading through fords documentation I found you can use the revert function to return the car to true stock via pro cal.

However this may take multiple flash attempts. In my case 2. Car now starts and runs with zero codes.

So right now I’m day 1 oem tune and should be ok to proceed with further pbd tunes.

OP
OP
Commbubba19

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm not able to load the stock file from the "load stock" location on the ngauge. I had to load the stock file into the custom tune folder and then load it from there.
Yeah I was using the load stock tune function. That’s good info.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
My stock file that was titled "stock file" didnt work, but the one under stock files as the vin works.

My pbd took a few revisions to get perfected but it ended up being worth it.
Sponsored