Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
If EVs are going to take over the world they better standardize the charging plug configuration. It's like having a dozen different fuel nozzels at the "gas station".
CCS is the standard now. Wasn't that way 5 years ago but CCS is the standard moving forward which should mean all new chargers are CCS. Keep in mind though that's fast charging. Home charging will use J1772 which is CCS but with the two big contacts removed. Should still plug into a CCS port.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
While I understand what youā€™re saying I still think youā€™re overstating my position. Iā€™m not ā€œall inā€. Iā€™m all about best tool for the job. Our Volt is perfectly capable of making our Detroit to Hilton Head annual drive and could do the trip at at much lower cost than our Cadillac SRX. But we take the SRX because we can fit 4 people plus golf clubs plus bikes plus whatever else we wanna take. An EV CUV or SUV with 300 mile range could carry all the same stuff the SRX could carry and make the trip with minimal cost.

When we drive to Ann Arbor for whatever reason we typically take the Volt because we can get there on no gas, charge while weā€™re there (or not) and get home on no gas if we were able to charge. Unless itā€™s a warm sunny day. Then we take the Camaro convertible for obvious reasons.
Ok that changes things a bit. In the prior post it sounded like it was a regular thing taking the EV for that trip. What I mean as all in is that you believe you can use the EV like an ICE car, most people I know don't. They feel it is only suited for shorter trips and commuting. So maybe I should change it to true believer rather than all in? :)

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Nominating this thread for Second-Most-Boring Scroll-Past, close behind the Poll thread.
LOL so true. this thread is not about what the OP was looking for.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
LOL so true. this thread is not about what the OP was looking for.
Agreed. This thread was certainly hijacked into the same garbage as the 94 page thread, but it's not surprising given the overall sentiment on this forum.

Still ugly as fuck!!at least it will be fast .I doubt those puny looking Honda Wheels will let it launch LOL.. on a serious note though I be afraid to get the first your version of it. Definitely going to be some bugs to work out on that vehicle.. not to mention the support of the dealerships ..I'm sure ther gonna need alot of training for this vehicle.if not you can always rebuild from the ground up like you did your other "real mustang ".
I'm not seeing how people are calling it ugly as fuck unless it is solely coming from a place of spite and hatred due to the name. That is also a tall comment when you own a yellow mustang. What car actually looks good in yellow beyond and Lamborghini/Ferrari/McLaren? Thanks for the input though.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Agreed. This thread was certainly hijacked into the same garbage as the 94 page thread, but it's not surprising given the overall sentiment on this forum.

I'm not seeing how people are calling it ugly as fuck unless it is solely coming from a place of spite and hatred due to the name. That is also a tall comment when you own a yellow mustang. What car actually looks good in yellow beyond and Lamborghini/Ferrari/McLaren? Thanks for the input though.
LOL

Still waiting to see you reply to my post #101.

Sponsored

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL

Still waiting to see you reply to my post #101.
Not sure what else you are looking for. I already stated you were intentionally condescending to several people. I called you out on that. You have taken my calling you out on your BS as rude. Sorry your feelings got hurt but it is what it is.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not sure what else you are looking for. I already stated you were intentionally condescending to several people. I called you out on that. You have taken my calling you out on your BS as rude. Sorry your feelings got hurt but it is what it is.
LOL no the only interesting thing was you trying to correct me on using the correct word in a phrase I had mentioned.....I gave you a link so you could see that you were in fact not correct. Just wondering if you care about that as much as The Mach E?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
To top it off, the Mach E can't take advantage of the 350kw charger. I believe charge rate is capped under 200kw for the Mach E.
From Jalopnik
https://jalopnik.com/a-look-at-the-engineering-behind-the-2021-ford-mustang-1839911078

With peak charging rate of 150 kW, the Mustang Mach-E with an extended battery and rear-wheel drive can add an estimated average of 47 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes while charging on a DC fast charging station.ā· The standard-range Mustang Mach-E is estimated to charge from 10 percent to 80 percent in approximately 38 minutes while charging on a DC fast charging station.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
From Jalopnik
https://jalopnik.com/a-look-at-the-engineering-behind-the-2021-ford-mustang-1839911078

With peak charging rate of 150 kW, the Mustang Mach-E with an extended battery and rear-wheel drive can add an estimated average of 47 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes while charging on a DC fast charging station.ā· The standard-range Mustang Mach-E is estimated to charge from 10 percent to 80 percent in approximately 38 minutes while charging on a DC fast charging station.
So worse charge rate than my Model 3 base (170kw peak).... And my car is limited to that because of the size of my battery pack (55kw). The Mach E has a 75kw pack base which is the same as a Model 3 long range that is capable of over 250kw.... Plus they make such a big deal out of it being a 800v system. 800v systems are nice because of potential FASTER charge rates over 400v systems (Model 3)....

Sponsored

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So worse charge rate than my Model 3 base (170kw peak).... And my car is limited to that because of the size of my battery pack (55kw). The Mach E has a 75kw pack base which is the same as a Model 3 long range that is capable of over 250kw.... Plus they make such a big deal out of it being a 800v system. 800v systems are nice because of potential FASTER charge rates over 400v systems (Model 3)....
Good to know. Hopefully Ford is quick to improve on this. Tesla definitely has a leg up on everyone else with their battery tech.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. Hopefully Ford is quick to improve on this. Tesla definitely has a leg up on everyone else with their battery tech.
It is not exactly the battery but rather the drivetrain and electronics. Tesla has figured out how to make their drivetrains extremely efficient. That is how they can get about the same amount of range with MUCH smaller (and cheaper) battery packs. The charge rate comes from higher quality electronics (battery cell charge management systems and battery pack cooling and monitoring) and user data from 8+ years which allows them to push their batteries farther that others.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not exactly the battery but rather the drivetrain and electronics. Tesla has figured out how to make their drivetrains extremely efficient. That is how they can get about the same amount of range with MUCH smaller (and cheaper) battery packs. The charge rate comes from higher quality electronics (battery cell charge management systems and battery pack cooling and monitoring) and user data from 8+ years which allows them to push their batteries farther that others.
They definitely have a lot of data to help improve on their designs. Doesn't Tesla use cylinders instead of packs?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
They definitely have a lot of data to help improve on their designs. Doesn't Tesla use cylinders instead of packs?
Tesla uses the 18650 lithium cell on the S/X and the 2170 cell in the 3. They basically look like large AA batteries. Allows them to have efficient cooling of the entire cell. Lithium ion pouches are what other manufactures seem to want to run which are less compact and harder to cool. I do not think we have any info on Fords implementation with the Mach E?
Sponsored