Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Those who "can't wait" would have largely bought it without them tainting the Mustang name with it. Many of those who consider it blasphemous are now less likely to buy one, making it that much less justifiable to keep producing the real Mustang. They've put the real Mustang on the path to extinction.
I’m not so sure about that. I think there will always be a market for low slung, lightweight two door sports cars. Because the laws of physics still apply, any CUV can be out performed by a comparable sports car. I stress comparable, because you can’t compare a Lamborghini Urus to a Mustang, but you can compare it to an Aventador. The light weight, low center of gravity cannot be substituted for regardless of advances in technology.

So I think Ford will continue to make affordable two door sports cars that are relatively light weight with the low COG that makes a sports car a sports car , as long as there are enough people like me who want to buy them, and this is regardless of the motive power.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
So Ford is banking on a lot of free hype between now and if they ever build it. Who knows what will happen between now and then, but for now it's free publicity with a little paid advertising. Are the F-150 fans freaking out about an E truck? There's a lot of time between today's reservations and the reality of the build.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
ALMOST SOLD OUT

https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/build-and-price.html?config=WANAB-CGW-2021-CX727#/model

Look at that :shock:

Wonder how many cars have been sold :question:

FWIW, after getting a ride in my buddys's Tesla all I can say is ..

I'll take a GT please :sunglasses:

I'll always prefer a V8 Coupe but a electric AWD Mustang SUV would be pretty cool in my garage.
Sorry I've heard that before

Mid-Engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Is Almost Sold Out For First Year
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07...e-stingray-is-almost-sold-out-for-first-year/

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The website show that only for the "First Edition". And it says "Almost Sold Out". Also nothing has been sold yet, only reservations. Ford is putting a great spin on this. Wonder Why? :giggle:
Can't be sold out until it goes on sale :bandit:

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Over 18,000 have already been reserved with deposits down. That is not dealers putting in fake orders either. That is actual consumer reservations. That is 36% of their global first year production covered in less than a week.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So what is the second? :)

I agree with your thoughts on the interior. I never said I like it but there is a reason they did it. Liking Telsa or Elon Musk has nothing to do with this. Ford is building a vehicle to compete with the market leader, period. They are mimicking their style because it sells.

If you do not like it fine. Don't buy it. But repeating the same hyperbole doesn't move the conversation forward.
Same as most people where it has the word Mustang associated with it.

Never said what you liked, just showing what they should have done.

The conversation really does not need to be moved forward. I also think you meant if you like it buy it right? Obviously if I do not like it I won't buy it. Pretty sure only people that do like it may buy it.

Oh and just an fyi, you should use a different word than hyperbole in your statement as I am pretty sure most of the negative comments should be taken literally...just say'in.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Over 18,000 have already been reserved with deposits down. That is not dealers putting in fake orders either. That is actual consumer reservations. That is 36% of their global first year production covered in less than a week.

Thats a pretty good start

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Where do you see that hey have reserved 18k so far?

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Where do you see that hey have reserved 18k so far?
When you put in a reservation, you get a number: Mine is 173xx.

Let's say they hit 20K soon: That's $10M in interest free loans until they actually sell the car.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Let's say they hit 20K soon: That's $10M in interest free loans until they actually sell the car.
Ate you sure they started at #1 for reservations? Not saying they did or not but I would not put it past them to start at a higher number. I do agree that any deposits they are getting is free money. Smart on their part and not so smart for the buyer.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy

20k cars x 59,900 = 10 Million in deposits and 1,198 Million in car sales .
(unless my math is wack ? )

Not to Shabby for the 1st week. :sunglasses:

I can only imagine Ford has never had a online order for cars like that before :question:

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Never said what you liked, just showing what they should have done.

The conversation really does not need to be moved forward. I also think you meant if you like it buy it right? Obviously if I do not like it I won't buy it. Pretty sure only people that do like it may buy it.

Oh and just an fyi, you should use a different word than hyperbole in your statement as I am pretty sure most of the negative comments should be taken literally...just say'in.
Thanks for the lessons dad...

Ate you sure they started at #1 for reservations? Not saying they did or not but I would not put it past them to start at a higher number.
Cool story bro. Any other crap to pull out of your a..

PS if you want to give people BS use the correct "passed" lol

Last edited:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The website show that only for the "First Edition". And it says "Almost Sold Out". Also nothing has been sold yet, only reservations. Ford is putting a great spin on this. Wonder Why? :giggle:
Everyone's been to the Elon Musk school of hype now and Ford is just running through the playbook. Online refundable deposits that anyone can put on a credit card with minimal risk are the greatest hype device in history.
Sponsored