Sponsored

No more driveclean emissions for Ontario!!!!

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Whos getting headers now? :D I'm debating and keeping my stock just in case.
Sponsored

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
what wait? when did u hear this?

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
I just read it on ctv news. Headers HERE I COME lol

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Serious though. I might do this over winter looking at my options. I really dont want my car to be any louder than it is w/Borla S-Type catback. Thinking of getting the Borla Resonator which turns it in to touring w/headers.

Cars run so much better with no restrictions!

Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
FYI guys you will still get in trouble if you have no cats. Just have to deal w/ no emissions.
If you have no cats and a cop sniffs that, you will get fucked by the MTO and they will impound your car.

However, this has not stopped me as I've been cat less or like 3 months now lol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rico
Vehicle(s)
90 5L, 84 capri rs, 17 gt pp, 09 f350 6.4L
if you piss the fuzz off enough they will ding you for anything, no sense living in fear of if your gonna find that dink cop one day and live how you want, when i was back in qc you didnt take a modded car downtown mtl cause you were sure to get pulled and ripped a new one, in AB we have a similar issue in some areas with trucks being targeted since they are easy picking since most of them are breaking some aspect of a made up law.
FYI guys you will still get in trouble if you have no cats. Just have to deal w/ no emissions.
If you have no cats and a cop sniffs that, you will get fucked by the MTO and they will impound your car.

However, this has not stopped me as I've been cat less or like 3 months now lol

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Note that this is effective April 1, 2020, not that it would matter for an S550 as most are not yet old enough to require the test. Rightly pointed out above, this does not preclude you getting hit for tampering with the emission systems of the vehicle, and my understanding is that those fines are steep. In addition, if you sold the car, it would not, technically, pass an Ontario safety certificate, and depending on the mechanic, they might refuse to pass it.

Burnin' Rubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic
I just thought of the possibility that the reason they decided to cancel emissions testing is because the government is planning to ban gasoline engines altogether so eventually there will be no need for emissions testing.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I just thought of the possibility that the reason they decided to cancel emissions testing is because the government is planning to ban gasoline engines altogether so eventually there will be no need for emissions testing.
Not anytime soon my friend, going to be at least 20-25 years before that even might be a thing. I'll be pushing daisies or too stupid to drive by then! Our crappy hydro grid in Ontario would collapse in a heartbeat if suddenly we all were driving E cars. They cancelled e-testing when some government wonks woke up and realized that cars have been self diagnosing for 15 or more years so the whole e testing thing was useless.
Sponsored