Sponsored

Anybody have their lumbar support fail?

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
Was driving the other day and I hear a snap and felt the lumbar support in my driver seat completely collapse. Hitting the buttons I can hear it working, and there is some very minute movements, but its definitely gone. Anybody have this happen to them? Not sure if I should try to fix this myself if it's straightforward, or if it's a more complicated repair, should I just install an aftermarket lumbar system like this one: http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/powered-seat-lumbar-support-kit.html
Sponsored

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
I had this happen to me tonight. Disappointing, as my extended warranty just expired a few days ago.:angry:

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.
Did anyone find an answer to this my 2015 mustang never had a working lumbar support. I’m pretty sure mine failed while with the previous owner

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Did anyone find an answer to this my 2015 mustang never had a working lumbar support. I’m pretty sure mine failed while with the previous owner
Mine broke. Its a bladder bag that inflates but there is some support structure in the seat that is known to break.

Press hard into the lower portion of the seat and use the controls for the lumbar support to inflate and deflate the bag and see if you can feel it. I could feel mine. If you can feel it then the bag is probably fine just the support structure is broken. If you can't then the bag may be punctured or the motor isn't working.

The dealership will fix it for you, just probably not cheaply. May be cheaper to buy a seat from ebay.

To fix it you will have to take the seat upholstery off which I heard is a big pain. Not sure what the support structure looks like or what parts you would need. I have access to dealer parts stuff so if you want I can look it up and see what I find.

Sponsored

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.
Mine broke. Its a bladder bag that inflates but there is some support structure in the seat that is known to break.

Press hard into the lower portion of the seat and use the controls for the lumbar support to inflate and deflate the bag and see if you can feel it. I could feel mine. If you can feel it then the bag is probably fine just the support structure is broken. If you can't then the bag may be punctured or the motor isn't working.

The dealership will fix it for you, just probably not cheaply. May be cheaper to buy a seat from ebay.

To fix it you will have to take the seat upholstery off which I heard is a big pain. Not sure what the support structure looks like or what parts you would need. I have access to dealer parts stuff so if you want I can look it up and see what I find.
Thanks. I can just barely feel like a quarter inch move(maybe less) on the left side with my fingers. Absolutely no movement in right side.

I think you’re right that the support structure is completely broken. Would it be normal to feel like it caved in? Cause my seat has no real support it’s very soft.

I was completely okay with my seat until I found that button and now I have ocd to fix it lol.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Thanks. I can just barely feel like a quarter inch move(maybe less) on the left side with my fingers. Absolutely no movement in right side.

I think you’re right that the support structure is completely broken. Would it be normal to feel like it caved in? Cause my seat has no real support it’s very soft.

I was completely okay with my seat until I found that button and now I have ocd to fix it lol.
Yep mine feels caved in and very soft
Sponsored