Sponsored

Ford vs Ferrari - Who's taking their GT350 this weekend?

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Someone else mentioned this earlier but last nite I watched the 24 Hour War on Netflix. Great documentary with lots of details on the actual events. Spoiler alert the movie is not 100% accurate :shock:
I watched it (and enjoyed it) as well, so thank you for the recommendation "THX 138"!
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Saw the movie today and give it a big thumbs up. Actors were surprising good in their roles - Damon did very well and Bale was excellent as Ken Miles. Like any Hollywood undertaking it will not be perfect but it's very, very good. Only slightly annoying thing to me was all the glimpses of Ken Miles banging gears up and down at high speeds. Those 427 cars only had a 4-speed transaxle - they only had one gear option when getting somewhere over 160 - 170 MPH or so depending on revs - 4th.
They learned the shifting thing from "Days of Thunder". ;)

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
The movie was very good. My wife and I enjoyed it and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t the corny movie I had anticipated

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I heard that Beebe was no where near that big of an ass (as portrayed) towards Miles, and I heard Shelby was in on the three car finish.

plan to watch the netflix "the 24 hour war"...maybe tonight!
I watched it tonight. Very good. Don’t recall if it was mentioned, but “The Return” is s must watch after this also.

Sponsored

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
:like:
I heard that Beebe was no where near that big of an ass (as portrayed) towards Miles, and I heard Shelby was in on the three car finish.

I watched it tonight. Very good. Don’t recall if it was mentioned, but “The Return” is s must watch after this also.
Thanks for suggesting “The Return”. Just finished watching it. :like:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Great movie, Learned a lot about Ken Miles also. enjoyed very much.

Also on netflix Shelby America, more of the story of Carroll Shelby.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I saw the movie yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Really made me want to drive my GT350, but it’s tucked away for the winter.

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra

I believe that's basically true. From a bit of research a lot of the interaction and conflict with Ford in the movie was over-played, taken out of chronological context or misrepresented. From memory and a bit of FAQ research I found they did a really good job portraying the race with a few minor issues - but there was at least a bit of the usual Hollywood excesses in the remainder.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase

In this interview with Carroll Shelby, Carroll says it was his idea to have the cars finish 1, 2, 3 and he regretted it.
It’s a long interview but very interesting.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Wife and I just saw it at the local classic movie palace, great movie!
Just reminiscing here.
My wife's two uncles were both engineers and car guys.
One, Dean, worked for Ford and drove a De Tomaso Pantera.
Gramae, who passed away in 2012, had an AC Bristol, which he kept up on blocks and covered in the yard in later years.
He camped at Indy many years .
They would have loved the movie.
IMG_2239.jpg
IMG_2238.jpg
IMG_2237.jpg

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I really enjoyed this movie but...There is so much history here between Carrol Shelby, Ken Miles, Ford vs Ferrari, Cobra, Daytona coupe, GT40 and finally the GT350, this could have easily been a mini series. Carrol Shelby himself deserves a movie! Who else has gone from a chicken farmer to winning Le Mans first by being a driver and then building and running a race team? That period between the late 50's to the late 60's was the golden age of racing for sure.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars

Not according to the Shelby members that I’ve interviewed (most of them). They all have four letter words when describing Bebe, so they definitely did not like him.
Sponsored