Sponsored

DRIVER WINDOW PROBLEMS

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Hello Everyone.

I have just had an annoying problem start on my car. The drivers door window is intermittently bouncing up and down like a Yo-Yo. Its only coming down the distance the window would drop when you open the car door, but when its up-down up-down doing it 10 times it kinda grinds my gears !!

This did happen to my car a year ago whilst in warranty and the dealer appeared only to do some re-set which sort of dealt with the matter and then every couple of months it comes for a day and then goes away.

Did a bit of googling and some of our american friends seem to have had this problem with the motor or connection.

Typically now my car is almost 4 years old and therefore no warranty. i did call the dealer as it was noted this problem a year ago but in typical fashion tough luck but they will charge me £114 to diagnose the problem.

So I am handy with a spanner and can take the door panel off and have a check but just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem and how was it resolved ?? I did ask the dealer if they had anymore cars with this problem and no one had ?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I know it sounds stupid, but as with any electrical problems I always disconnect the battery for at least an hour and see if the problem still occurs. Maybe try that. Make sure the doors are closed before disconnecting.

OP
OP
Harebear72

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
i was going to disconnect the battery at the weekend anyway as this always helps my fuel consumption !!!!

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There is a soft stop relearn procedure rot the windows which involves a sequence of pressing and holding the window switch up and down a few times. There will be a post or YouTube video that covers it somewhere

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I had this exact problem, did a bit of research online, saw a couple saying water getting to the plug that clips onto the window motor, stripped door card off, unplugged the electric plug and sure enough it was wet, blew all moisture out with an airline and refitted, then added a nice layer of grease around the plug sealing it up to prevent water getting in again. Problem solved.
Sponsored