Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Something new has appeared on americanmuscle.com: https://www.americanmuscle.com/navos-mustang-oe-style-display-upgrade-with-navigation-406738.html

It's more expensive than the chinese units but at least it comes from a respected source so it's probably more polished (no chinese characters in teh menus, etc).
That looks basically like the nav unit they sell on Aliexpress for $450.

Remember the Raxiom Navigation units American Muscle sold for a couple years for about $600?.....

.....Those were essentially TomTop units you can get for less than half the price on Amazon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I think it was the other way around, the Raxiom was out first and the Tomtop was a cheap copy of the Raxiom unit. There was also another one by Moddiction.

The Raxiom/Moddiction were much more polished though, eg the Tomtop had all kinds of glitches. Also the bezel on the Tomtop was worse, the Raxiom bezel was perfect and looked completely OEM.

However the Raxiom was overpriced, for that price you may as well pay slightly more and get the Sync 3 swap. Cheapskates (like me lol) would get the Tomtop and people who wanted high quality would get the sync 3 from hexall, the Raxiom was kind of a middle ground that didn't make sense to many.

In any case, since we have this unit from American Muscle now, I assume that a new cheap Tomtop unit will be coming out soon that will work with the 2019+ stangs.

minicupracer1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford mustang gt
I'm new to this page and I got a 2015 premium with all this already set up in the car. I havnt had any problems with it till a few days ago when it wont play any music from my Samsung Galaxy s9+ or from Google play. Even youtube doesent work. The radio stations work fine though. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

Toolband14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teejay
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new to this page and I got a 2015 premium with all this already set up in the car. I havnt had any problems with it till a few days ago when it wont play any music from my Samsung Galaxy s9+ or from Google play. Even youtube doesent work. The radio stations work fine though. Anyone have any ideas?
Make a phone call let it ring twice... hang up and switch back to Bluetooth music. Should play then

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you ever have the accent lights stay on when you turn the car off? I have to turn the electric on and turn off again for them to turn them off
Sure... They seem to stay of a short while... Like the headlights when I turn the car off. I haven't timed them, but it can't be more than 20 seconds. The start button light come on when you unlock the car.

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Trude1400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Basic PP US-Version
Does anyone has a manual of the TomTop 8" he czn send me as pdf?

BR
Rene

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I'm going to go this route for my GT350. I just installed the Phoenix PX6 last night for my 2017 Ford F350 and it works as advertised.
20191120_064750[1].jpg

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Looks like I'm going to go this route for my GT350. I just installed the Phoenix PX6 last night for my 2017 Ford F350 and it works as advertised.
20191120_064750[1].jpg
When I use voice command to tell Synch to play an album, I wish it would be able to startup and use an aftermarket app with a DSP that's better like Poweramp.
I think it can only use the one built in though, or am I wrong?

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
When I use voice command to tell Synch to play an album, I wish it would be able to startup and use an aftermarket app with a DSP that's better like Poweramp.
I think it can only use the one built in though, or am I wrong?
Id suggest using Forscan to drop the factory DSP esp if you have changed the speakers or added subs. That made a huge difference. No more clipping, no more automatically dropping lower frequency past volume #15. An aftermarket DSP would give you more flexibility.

I'm not entirely sure there is a seperate amp in the unit so the factory dsp is still active after installing the Phoenix radio.

In opening the unit I do not recall seeing an amplifier.

The phoenix radio did not work at all when i initially installed without the OEM Sync module, which makes me think the entire Phoenix 'radio' is just a source for the ford system. But i'm no expert.

You can use "ok, google" or "alexa" to play via the Phoenix radio if that is where you have added albums, then you could use a phoenix/poweramp dsp.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Id suggest using Forscan to drop the factory DSP esp if you have changed the speakers or added subs. That made a huge difference. No more clipping, no more automatically dropping lower frequency past volume #15. An aftermarket DSP would give you more flexibility.

I'm not entirely sure there is a seperate amp in the unit so the factory dsp is still active after installing the Phoenix radio.

In opening the unit I do not recall seeing an amplifier.

The phoenix radio did not work at all when i initially installed without the OEM Sync module, which makes me think the entire Phoenix 'radio' is just a source for the ford system. But i'm no expert.

You can use "ok, google" or "alexa" to play via the Phoenix radio if that is where you have added albums, then you could use a phoenix/poweramp dsp.
I already did balance the factory EQ with Forscan. Sounds much better. I also wish the radio tuner wasn't that ugly blue with orange buttons and showed the radio station and song information.
I was told that the factory Sync works with the voice command button on the steering wheel. Is this not true?

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
I already did balance the factory EQ with Forscan. Sounds much better. I also wish the radio tuner wasn't that ugly blue with orange buttons and showed the radio station and song information.
I was told that the factory Sync works with the voice command button on the steering wheel. Is this not true?
Voice Command Button absolutely still controls SYNC.

You could also use the Radio Tuner on the Phoenix unit rather than the SYNC radio if you dont like the color.
Sponsored