Sponsored

Galpin service mega-fail, this can't be normal

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
Man, so I've heard good things about Galpin Ford and GAS (galpin auto service), so I brought my car, 2019 gt350 w/2400 miles, in there to get some warranty work and my "handling package" dealer-installed optional adjustable strut towers (camber plates essentially) installed. I have a track event this weekend, I need to be on the road by like 4pm on Friday, and I work so there's that.

Requested services:
- oil change
- repair front passenger speaker (blown)
- rear tape stripe on deck replacement (bubbling)
- install factory option adjustable strut towers

Here's what's happened so far.

- Called in on Tuesday 11/12, asked to talk to a service advisor to ask if my timeline was too agressive, no one was available, so I asked for a call back (never happened)
- Tuesday night I scheduled an appt online for the next day
- Wednesday 11am I drop off car, guy says I should have it back by the end of week, he tells me it needs to go to GAS for the adjustable strut towers installed, and he'll get it there.
- I call GAS to verify they have space, and am told they do, and it will be $505 for install total
- Wednesday Galpin advisor text me says install is $700+, I tell him I got a quote earlier for $500~ he writes back says "oops I did my math wrong" :facepalm:

- No update thursday
- Friday I ask for an update, get told "hopefully tomorrow" by my advisor
- No update saturday or Monday

- Tuesday 7am and 1pm, I text asking for an update, nothing
- Tuesday 3pm I call Galpin and GAS, get told someone will call back on both, no call back
- Tuesday 5:30pm I call Galpin, get told it's going to a manager for call back (they close at 9:30), no call back

- Wednesday 8am I call Galpin, get told my advisor is "out sick for last few days, not sure when he'll be back", and that "i'll have a service advisor call you back" I tell them I've gotten 0/3 callbacks and I need to talk to somone, I get transferred to GAS
- 8am GAS says "someone will call you back" i say same thing about no one calling back, and I get a guy. Guy says "I've not seen your car yet.. I keep calling over to Galpin, and no one is returning my call", he says he'll call me back in 1 hour.

So, 1 week, car hasn't made it to GAS yet. No suspension work done for my track day this weekend. No idea status of the other asks.

- Noon, I get no call (he said 1, I waited 3). I call GAS back, I get told "he's with a customer", I remind them I'm a customer as well
- Noon, I call Galpin again, get told "I'll give this message to a manager, and they'll call you back", I tell them I need to speak to a manager now. I get sent to his voicemail, I leave a message about the timeline and how irritated I am to be in danger of missing my track time I've paid for. I'm worried they're gonna rip apart the suspension now and something will happen and I'll be screwed, I'd rather leave the suspension parts off at this point. I tell them my worry about them ripping apart the suspension parts and I need to get an update from them on the status.

-12:30, Manager just called back, said "we were waiting on suspension parts, but it's there now at GAS, they're getting installed". I tell him I just spoke to GAS this morning, so I doubt it's there, and also, the parts were in the trunk. He says "we're just waiting on the speaker".. I said, ok so no speaker fix then? what about the tape stripe "I don't know about the stripe, I don't think so".

I say "ok, so in one week, the only thing that has been done is an oil change", he says "yes".

I tell them that if I have to miss work tomorrow and show up and stand there I'm not leaving until I get my car returned in whatever shape they have it.

- GAS just called back, and says "they're going to install the plates at Ford talk to XX". I tell him "I just talked to XX and he said it's going to GAS". He says they're gonna do it, but I'm not sure if it's actually being done or not short of going and seeing with my own eyes or not. Not sure why they couldn't have just been installed, already, at Ford in the first place if that was an option.

So, there you have it - I'm hoping get a drivable car sometime tomorrow or I'm out of my track weekend and a decent chunk of cash.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Galpin sucks - sorry to hear you had to learn the hard way on this.

OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I'm supposed to (or hope to) get the car back today but I still don't know the condition.

Got any recommendations where to take it next time?

I got a new advisor apparently who started communicating again over the text messages yesterday evening.

- text received "your car is done! Please pay the bill" (which is about $150-200 higher than the prices I was quoted)

- I ask "can you confirm what was done"

- text received of a service type invoice/list, it has all the items on there, and says "fixed" next to it all

- I ask "ok so are these all fixed? I was just told they're not done, the invoice says they're all fixed"

- text received "sorry, your car is not ready. Speaker we're waiting on, hopefully tomorrow. Stripe issue I'll find out"

- text sent "Anything not done will have to wait. I'm coming to get the car tomorrow, no exceptions. Can you confirm if the suspension and oil are done at least?"

No reply.. sent at 6PM, they close 9:30. I'll start texting/calling again here soon this morning just to make sure the car isn't in pieces and I can drive it away.

I really hope I dont miss my track time this weekend, it's all paid for already and I'm supposed to head out tomorrow :/

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, that is HORRIBLE customer service.
Good luck man.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Wow, that is some runaround they have given you.

I don't take my car to ANY Ford dealership. Simply do not trust them to do the job right. I'd rather pay more to an independent Mustang-friendly shop if it is something out of my time or ability to complete.

OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the car back tonight.. neither of the warranty issues were completed.

Car was there from 11/13 - 11-21, so 8 days. Looks like the oil was changed day 1, and the strut towers done today.

There was a sign on the dash that said "NO WASH" which I didnt ask for, but I guess if I had the choice I'm glad they didn't but as someone who takes good care of their car, after the shitshow this was, I was bummed to have them drive it up like this:

20191121_210658.jpg

Guess I'll just be happy I didn't miss my track time and go somewhere else next time.

I talked to a manager asking wtf was going on for the week, he really didn't seem to care or attempt to make it up in any way. He said "bring it back in Monday!" :thumbsdown:

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Been down the same road many times. Overall the service you see at all the dealers seems to be like this. I keep hoping to find an "all star dealer" but haven't and wonder if I ever will.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Wow and I was planning on taking my car down there to enable the OP gauge on a PP1 dash we installed and a 4 wheel alignment.
Sponsored