chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for feedback on short throw shifters. Who has done it and which one did you go with? Impressions?
Sponsored

sicilianjg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Looking for feedback on short throw shifters. Who has done it and which one did you go with? Impressions?
MGW all the way! Its the best thing I did with my 2019 Bullitt never missed a gear and a much shorter throw your love it. The only downside is reverse you have to push down and over. For me its no big deal how often do you put your Bullitt in reverse but, some people have a problem with it they like the factory one lifting up.
Joe

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Good info above,.didn't know steeda had a short throw shifter. I am also interested like the OP. What is the Ford performance and steed bushing products?

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, it depends on what you're looking for. Short throw or not, the one issue I had with my '19 GT was that at high RPM (Close to redline) I was getting locked out of 2nd and 3rd. The shifter in the S550 is body mounted. So when the drivetrain torques over at high RPM, the shifter doesn't move with it. In my old '17 I did the Steeda trans mount insert bushing (did add some vibration but not bad) the Energy suspension shifter bushing and a short throw shifter. That setup worked fine. Drove it for 30K miles with no issues.

I went with the MGW on my '19.

I've been driving manual transmission cars as my daily for 30+ years. This is the best shifter I've used / installed. It's overbuilt. It shifts great. And I can grab 2nd or 3rd at high RPM now with zero issues. The install is not bad - I did it on jack stands in my garage, but if you get frustrated easily - it might be best farmed out. It's a tight space to work in - but after doing it - I figure I could do one in a couple hours with no issues after learning several things on the fly doing mine.

SnowTyres

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP+
I'm looking into the MGW shifter for my 2016 Eco PP. Which version and handle length do any of you guys have? Why did you pick that? Do you have pics of how low it sits in the console/how short the throw is with respect to the car?

Thanks!

Abomination

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have the steeda and I regret it. It has a high pitched rattle and clunks when slowing from acceleration. Driving me nuts. If it wasn't such a pita to put in and out I'd have already gone back stock or tried another one
When properly installed - you should not have a high-pitched rattle or clunks. Please email me at [email protected] & I can have our installation team see what may be taking place.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also - we have the Steeda Tri-Ax in our Steve McQueen Mustangs - again, no issues.

TJ

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
From my comment in this thread. I purchased the Steeda Tri X short throw shifter. Was 15% off with holiday sales so paid like $97 bucks plus a free shirt. Ha! I received on Friday and finished Installation on Saturday. And WOW! Very very impressed. Especially for the price. It's just the shifter, but made a huge difference in the shifting. Very short and direct shifting. It's a simple installation but requires patience, need the right tools to reach in the tight spaces under the car. I recommend this product especially for the price. I have to mention I also have the Barton Two post bracket. You notice the difference right away at first drive. The shifting is very smooth and very direct. Took me longer than 2 hours to install but it was my first time doing this type of install. Very impressed. I do not work for Steeda lol.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From my comment in this thread. I purchased the Steeda Tri X short throw shifter. Was 15% off with holiday sales so paid like $97 bucks plus a free shirt. Ha! I received on Friday and finished Installation on Saturday. And WOW! Very very impressed. Especially for the price. It's just the shifter, but made a huge difference in the shifting. Very short and direct shifting. It's a simple installation but requires patience, need the right tools to reach in the tight spaces under the car. I recommend this product especially for the price. I have to mention I also have the Barton Two post bracket. You notice the difference right away at first drive. The shifting is very smooth and very direct. Took me longer than 2 hours to install but it was my first time doing this type of install. Very impressed. I do not work for Steeda lol.
we’ll get you on the payroll! We appreciate the support - happy holidays!
Sponsored