Sponsored

Holley Sniper 90mm TB?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hello all.

Anyone have or seen the Holley Sniper 90mm TB? Didn’t know this even existed but a web search showed it.

Any good? Price seems really good (low)...

How does this compare with the Ford Racing 90mm? Or BBK for that matter...

What are the ported stock ones like?

This will be going on a 2300 EB kit in a pseudo stage 2.

Just looking at options... not really wanting to spend basically 1k (Canadian) on a throttle body...

Thanks for sharing thoughts!
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
The only TB they make that I've seen the cable driven one for those running standalones, I don't think they make a DBW one...As far as Tb's go, you can go FRPP or BBK, gains should be identical

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
Hello all.

Anyone have or seen the Holley Sniper 90mm TB? Didn’t know this even existed but a web search showed it.

Any good? Price seems really good (low)...

How does this compare with the Ford Racing 90mm? Or BBK for that matter...

What are the ported stock ones like?

This will be going on a 2300 EB kit in a pseudo stage 2.

Just looking at options... not really wanting to spend basically 1k (Canadian) on a throttle body...

Thanks for sharing thoughts!
You should also consider the GT350 Throttle body, I've seen a few with EB 2300 switch to the GT350 throttle body. It isn't too expensive, think it's like $166 on American Muscle right now but will probably be cheaper elsewhere. It's 87mm vs the 90mm for the FRPP that's included in the Stage 2 kit.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
You should also consider the GT350 Throttle body, I've seen a few with EB 2300 switch to the GT350 throttle body. It isn't too expensive, think it's like $166 on American Muscle right now but will probably be cheaper elsewhere. It's 87mm vs the 90mm for the FRPP that's included in the Stage 2 kit.
They’re certainly reasonable cost wise. My only concern with it is the tuning. I don’t think Lund likes to tune them, unless that’s changed. Anyone have success using these with Lund?

Didn’t know that about the Sniper. I saw they have one for the 11-14 Mustangs and thought it was the correct one for the 15-20s as well. The Ford Racing says 11-14.

Priced out the Ford Racing today in Ontario and it was $1185! I think even if I ordered it from the US and had it shipped it still comes out to over 1k! The GT350 87mm could be had for less than $300, which makes it a great deal, if it will work!

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Not sure why you need a bigger TB on a boosted application anyway? You are force feeding it as much as you can. On a NA setup I get it.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
On positive displacement Superchargers, the TB is before the boost. So it is sucking air through them. Want as big as you can (the straw effect). On a turbo or centri, the boost is pushing through them so not near as much of a factor.
Sponsored