GT350 for me?? Why yes, yes, it is..

OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Congrats! Take that bad boy to the track post-haste.
I would love to but here in New England it will likely be next year. Close to Lime Rock (took my C7 and Miata there) and lots of local auto-X events too. Can't wait!

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
It's funny, I have never hated the Mustang but I test drove multiple 6th gens and test drove a PP1 Mustang GT back to back against a Focus RS and preferred the Focus RS (it was just more fun to drive to me). The GT350, based on my experience, is a different beast. Now I never drove a PP2 Mustang GT, there were zero within 100 miles of me when I was looking. It would be interesting to drive them back to back, but the Vodoo engine and better transmission are reason enough for me.
I drove the 2019 Bullitt several times (PP1 GT with Active Exhaust and optional MagneRide) and I was convinced it was the right car for me. Just to be sure, I went down to my local dealer and drove a PP2 GT with Active Exhaust. It was very harsh compared to the PP1 and I did NOT like it as much as the Bullitt. The steering was tight and even with the MagneRide, the suspension was very firm in Normal model. The wider front wheels/tires had a tendency to tramline on the smallest road imperfections. It felt like a track-car wanna-be without the benefits of the 5.2L.

After posting on the Raptor Forum that I was considering a Bullitt, every reply recommended I test drive a GT350 before spending my money. I spent the next couple of weeks tracking down several low mileage used GT350s. I was amazed at how different the car was from the Bullitt and the PP2. The VooDoo engine sounded awesome compared to the Coyote and the car drove excellent in Normal Mode, unlike the PP2. I finally settled on a 2018 GT350 in Lead Foot Gray with Black Stripes and only 1400 miles. I am glad I spent the extra time to compare the cars, because in the end, there really is no comparison.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I drove the 2019 Bullitt several times (PP1 GT with Active Exhaust and optional MagneRide) and I was convinced it was the right car for me. Just to be sure, I went down to my local dealer and drove a PP2 GT with Active Exhaust. It was very harsh compared to the PP1 and I did NOT like it as much as the Bullitt. The steering was tight and even with the MagneRide, the suspension was very firm in Normal model. The wider front wheels/tires had a tendency to tramline on the smallest road imperfections. It felt like a track-car wanna-be without the benefits of the 5.2L.

After posting on the Raptor Forum that I was considering a Bullitt, every reply recommended I test drive a GT350 before spending my money. I spent the next couple of weeks tracking down several low mileage used GT350s. I was amazed at how different the car was from the Bullitt and the PP2. The VooDoo engine sounded awesome compared to the Coyote and the car drove excellent in Normal Mode, unlike the PP2. I finally settled on a 2018 GT350 in Lead Foot Gray with Black Stripes and only 1400 miles. I am glad I spent the extra time to compare the cars, because in the end, there really is no comparison.
I drove the Bullitt and have similar views compared to the GT PP2. But I drove the Bullitt mostly to experience the MagnaRide suspension. I liked it. But I could not launch the Bullitt smoothly, I did not gel with the clutch and shifter on the Bullitt. As a result I nearly abandoned my search for the GT350. After thinking it over, knowing the Tremec and clutch in the GT350 were different, and reading reports in this forum and elsewhere, I took the leap of faith and took delivery of the GT350. I loved the clutch and Tremec....I could have learned to drive a manual on this car it felt so intuitive. And then there is the Voodoo..... Never looked back.

OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)

Really great post, thanks for sharing. Also congrats on a 1400 mile used 18! We have a lot in common.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats on the new ride!! :thumbsup:
Sponsored