Sponsored

Suspension and wheel/tire set up

RiceNChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey everyone. Just to start off, i'm a complete idiot when it comes to this so I have a few questions regarding what i'm planning for my wheel setup.

I plan on going for the Eibach Sportline lowering springs and want to pair it with some bronze velgan classic wheels 20" but I want to get some Toyo r-888r (305's or maybe something wider) for tires. Would experience any fitment issues with something like this? Tire rub? And where could I find said tire size for sale as I can't seem to find anyone selling them?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I’m just going to throw my 2cents regarding lowering springs especially the sportlines. I would not go that low on stock struts and shocks and I say this from past experience.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Even if you get better dampers, there’s always a decent chance you’re going to rub when running sportlines as well as running a larger diameter wheel. It really depends on the offset of the wheels and camber in my opinion. Especially if you plan on running 888’s as they’re known for running very wide for their size. People have done it so I’m sure they’ll chime in

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have Sportlines, Koni adjustable struts and shocks, and Maximum Motorsports caster/ camber plates and a 4 wheel alignment with my 19" wheels and can say there is not much wiggle room between the rubber and wheel wells. I could go a little wider with tires but I think a 20" wheel even with 35's will be cutting it close.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey everyone. Just to start off, i'm a complete idiot when it comes to this so I have a few questions regarding what i'm planning for my wheel setup.

I plan on going for the Eibach Sportline lowering springs and want to pair it with some bronze velgan classic wheels 20" but I want to get some Toyo r-888r (305's or maybe something wider) for tires. Would experience any fitment issues with something like this? Tire rub? And where could I find said tire size for sale as I can't seem to find anyone selling them?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Sportlines are very good looking but not ideal functionally. If you want to avoid rubbing issues, avoid these springs all together (not to say it can't be done but it will take some work). BMR or Steeda springs will be safer options and won't cause you any worry.

I'll probably be picking up some toyos in 305/35/20 so I'll report back on how they do on the sp080 springs.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have Steeda Dual Rate Springs & the Active Shocks & Struts with:
  • Black HRE FlowForm FF01 Aluminum wheels (20" x 9.5” front and 20 x 11” rear)

• Nitto High-Performance NT555 G2 Tires (275/35-20 and 315/35-20)
No rubbing & the fitment & ride quality is outstanding! Black Friday is right around the corner :)

IMG_4942.jpg