Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Oh Ford, what a fail.

Why????????????????
Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Oh Ford, what a fail.

Why????????????????
They will sell every one they make.

Don't like it... don't buy one.

Here, on a MUSTANG board, the poll results show that a majority of the voters don't care either way. Guess what... the general public cares even less.

Ford exists to sell cars to the masses, not appease a tiny demographic of angry Mustang coupe owners.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
From the Truth About Cars

So just stop it, okay? If you don’t like the EcoStangMachBoostE, then don’t buy one. Better yet, stop talking about it. If you’re really angry about something on the internet, the worst possible way to protest it is to click it, share it, and comment on it. But Ford was counting on you doing exactly that, and y’all fell for it. The only fool that you’re fooling is the fool that is you.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

Here, on a MUSTANG board, the poll results show that a majority of the voters don't care either way. Guess what... the general public cares even less.

Ford exists to sell cars to the masses, not appease a tiny demographic of angry Mustang coupe owners.
Don’t care????? What???????????

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I've never seen a worse product unveiling and reception. In my life. I'm 42. It's F'in sad.

If it had a Rotten Tomato score, it would be like 10%.

Hilarious EPIC fail. I think it'll be a hard sell. We'll see. $50K + for an assed out abortion?
No thanks.

Sponsored

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT

If everyone had your attitude in the 80's you wouldn't even have the Mustang you have now. You'd have the front drive Probe Mustang. By people speaking up they changed the name and left the Mustang alone. Nothing wrong with people expressing their democratic rights and voicing their concern/opinions.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
If everyone had your attitude in the 80's you wouldn't even have the Mustang you have now. You'd have the front drive Probe Mustang. By people speaking up they changed the name and left the Mustang alone. Nothing wrong with people expressing their democratic rights and voicing their concern/opinions.
Yeah yeah I've heard it all, your analogy is stupid. The Mustang car is not on the chopping block here. No amount of angry men yelling would have stopped Ford from putting a horse on this electric SUV. Get over it, you're not some special person that saved the Mustang and neither are anyone else. I've cut my teeth on the Mustang since the mid 90s, I love the car... and even I can think for myself enough to know that it doesn't matter at all.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Don’t care????? What???????????
Poll at the top of this thread. 52% answer "no change" when asked if this would make them more or less likely to buy a Mustang coupe. And the people that answered "less likely" are straight up brain dead.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Poll at the top of this thread. 52% answer "no change" when asked if this would make them more or less likely to buy a Mustang coupe. And the people that answered "less likely" are straight up brain dead.
Brain dead???????
You sure you know what that means?????
Are you having trouble?
Seriously folks.......

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Disrespect all around from Ford. Selling my 19 GT....I remember when Ford built cars and trucks for us good ol' boys...WOW.

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Not gonna lie, this last weekend I met a girl from my home town that I apparently went to school with. And somehow we got onto the subject of dating and was upset that I didn't have a girlfriend. She asked what my type was and I described it. She thought I was being picky but I kinda left it open ended and said look, I'm not looking for a damn Instamodel but a decent looking girl who's going some working matter in between her ears. Here's the thing about 10's. If you wanna buy a Ferrari, you're going to have to maintain a Ferrari. She didn't get it. She was kinda closer to a V6 Camaro anyway. She's okay but just...whatever.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Disrespect all around from Ford. Selling my 19 GT....I remember when Ford built cars and trucks for us good ol' boys...WOW.
You do know that the original Mustang was marketed to secretaries not good old boys. And you must be very, very young because I’m sure you remember the GT350, GT350R, Raptor, Focus RS, and of course the GT500.
Seriously sell you Mustang if you don’t love it but don’t use some idiot suits at Ford HQ as an excuse.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
You do know that the original Mustang was marketed to secretaries not good old boys. And you must be very, very young because I’m sure you remember the GT350, GT350R, Raptor, Focus RS, and of course the GT500.
Seriously sell you Mustang if you don’t love it but don’t use some idiot suits at Ford HQ as an excuse.[/QUO
When I was 18 I had a brand new LX 5.0 that I marketed to secretaries and single mothers...those were the days friend.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Brain dead???????
You sure you know what that means?????
Are you having trouble?
Seriously folks.......
If I'm in the market for a 2-door V-8 powered pony car, why does the existence of an electric SUV make me more or less likely to buy the car? Because it has a badge and a name that are the same? Seriously, who but the most mentally deficient person would cast aside their desire for a Mustang because an SUV exists with a similar name? Stupid, and brain dead. Or, just an angry child who's gonna "show you Ford" by not buying, nevermind half the people crying aren't even buying either vehicle or already own the Mustang anyways.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
There's something about Mustang that everyone here already knows: it's its own brand. It has been ever since they decided to make it without the Ford badge.
What does this mean? To me it means the Mustang has achieved something other model/nameplate has failed to do. Now, Ford has made that official. There was no other way of manifesting that truth except producing Mustang in another body style, and the timing to do such a thing has worked for them, considering the importance of Ford making their first ground-up BEV.

Which body style did they go for? They went for what is now deemed the hottest, most profitable body style the masses are flocking towards, using a drivetrain that is also the platform for and of the future.
Does it tick all the boxes? Does it have as much Mustang DNA as possible? I think yes it does.
Does it look great? I think it does. Especially in motion where the contours and character lines are evident. I think it looks better than the coupe. Flame away.

Some see this as diluting the Mustang's status. I can understand that point and to an extent I can even agree with it. On the other hand to officially turn the Mustang into a brand I see that as a badge of honour for Mustang, and certainly not a negative thing. If the Mustang you love is so great in your mind then that greatness means it shouldn't be affected by it becoming a brand.

You don't like this direction? Mustang is too good to be an SUV? Well, ok, perhaps you're the type that would think Mustang is also above the Bentley, RR, and Lamborghini brands.

Without Urus you can't have the likes of the hypercars that Lamborghini want to make. They need it to succeed, just like Porsche needed the Cayenne to succeed.

Ford need this to succeed. If you don't like this direction then at least try to consider the reasoning and intent behind it, and back that brand that gives you the cars you like.
Sponsored