Sponsored

8" Sync 3 upgrade is happening

Phatpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
My purchase of a 2019 GT PP1 was a bit of an impulse buy. That said, I didn't do enough research to know what packages were available and my biggest regret is getting a base model without the 8" screen and the drive modes. Fortunately there is a DIY for that. I got the 2019 non NAV APIM and screen from p6cl in the for sale section (pretty much flawless, btw) and he preloaded V3.4 on it for me. He also directed me to an E-bay seller for the brackets (China). Those are due Dec 2. I downloaded FORScan and got the OBD bluetooth doohickey in hand. Neat piece of kit there, get one. Since I don't have heated and cooled seats, the bezel was the biggest problem. I'm not OCD but I CANNOT have buttons that don't do anything so nothing less than a Recaro spec bezel would do. I searched for days looking for one and the only one available was on E-bay for an exorbitant sum. I actually talked the guy down on it and bought it. It has the CD slot, but I don't think that will bug me as much as the nonfunctional buttons. So, come Dec I'll have the multimedia that I should have bought to begin with. All told, It was cheaper piecing it together, even with the price of the bezel.
Sponsored

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
"I'm not OCD but I CANNOT have buttons that don't do anything."

I'm with you! I did the 8" swap twice - 19GT (also an impulse buy) and now 16 GT350. I had to have the right FCIM/bezel. Finding a GT350 Recaro bezel is a bitch. Bonus - your toggles will activate the drive modes with forscan.

Good luck. You'll love it,[/QUOTE]

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I'll be doing the same soon. You're right about the bezel, people are asking crazy amounts for them.

Pi3rcito

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Pierre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also purchase an APIM/Screen from p6cl. I’ve been looking for a bezel myself and I can’t seem to find one for anything under $500. Such a pain!

I know piecing this upgrade together will be cheaper but I’m kind of getting fed up with having to search for everything piece by piece.

On a more positive note, I’m looking forward to seeing you get yours up and running.

OP
OP

Phatpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Got everything in except the stinking brackets! Uggggghhh! Gonna kill me to wait, lol.

OP
OP

Phatpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
It is done! Took me a grand total of 40 minutes to tear it apart and put it back together and enable my drive modes using FORScan. It came preloaded with Sync 3 V 3.4 from p6cl as well as being configured for my car's options (basically none, lol) so I didn't have to mess with the APIM in FORScan. Easy peasy upgrade and it is glorious compared to the 4" screen.
Sponsored