Sponsored

Trading in my Hellcat for a 19 A10

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I find this calculator to be useful because you can do more WHAT-IF with it.
https://www.calculator.net/mortgage-payoff-calculator.html

If you're only able to afford 4%@72 you probably shouldn't be buying at all. But if you don't quite have 0%@36 you can split the difference and save on interest. Another strategy is to take the monthly payment divide by 3 and just make 4 weekly payments of that same amount.

Or take the vendor financing even if it's sub-optimal in order to maximize the rebates, and then wait 6 months and re-finance with a credit union or other facility.
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I tried to buy a new 2018 A-10 Premium searching on line when I was ready to purchase. Problem I ran into is the "Internet" prices are based on financing through Ford Motor Credit. I wanted to pay cash, so the cash price was quite a bit higher.

I found a like new, used 2018 with only 1,900 miles that was has been flawless since the day I took possession, about a year ago. I only mention this since you may be able to get a great deal on a low mileage 2018 - 2019.

Many credit unions and some banks offer really good finance rates.

OP
OP
Phil7027

Phil7027

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Platinum, 2016 Hellcat Challenger
Yeah i left off with the dealer that we’ll try again in December being its only 2 weeks away. I dont see them taking away the 72/0. If anything theyll add some incentive being its the last month of the year. I did contact lebanon ford in ohio and they worked me up a deal on a whipple stage 2 kit installed on a brand new gt. Is 55k OTD ona 46k msrp car (8.875 tax rate). Was gonna try for 50k OTD on that one, but gonna do the same and see what December brings. If i can get that for 52k OTD with 0% id be happy and the biggest part of the build is done
06C7E1E0-3B44-4539-8651-5738BCBFAB33.png

OP
OP
Phil7027

Phil7027

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
I find this calculator to be useful because you can do more WHAT-IF with it.
https://www.calculator.net/mortgage-payoff-calculator.html

If you're only able to afford 4%@72 you probably shouldn't be buying at all. But if you don't quite have 0%@36 you can split the difference and save on interest. Another strategy is to take the monthly payment divide by 3 and just make 4 weekly payments of that same amount.

Or take the vendor financing even if it's sub-optimal in order to maximize the rebates, and then wait 6 months and re-finance with a credit union or other facility.
Im not worried about the monthly payment. If theyre giving 0% for 72 months its a no brainer. I throw an extra 500-1000$ a month towards my f250 which is 2.75 for 60 months just to pay it off early, i can do the same with the mustang. Just because you take a 60, 72, 84 month term doesnt mean you need to take that long to pay it off. If im not getting charged interest on the 72 months im better off keeping my money in the bank

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Im not worried about the monthly payment. If theyre giving 0% for 72 months its a no brainer. I throw an extra 500-1000$ a month towards my f250 which is 2.75 for 60 months just to pay it off early, i can do the same with the mustang. Just because you take a 60, 72, 84 month term doesnt mean you need to take that long to pay it off. If im not getting charged interest on the 72 months im better off keeping my money in the bank
I agree with you. I intentionally take out longer loans because the monthly will be lower. I still pay more each month and if there's a month when things are tight, I know I can pull back a little without missing a payment. For me, my car had a 6 year loan and I paid it off in 3. My wife's had a 6 year loan and we paid it off in two.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil7027

Phil7027

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you. I intentionally take out longer loans because the monthly will be lower. I still pay more each month and if there's a month when things are tight, I know I can pull back a little without missing a payment. For me, my car had a 6 year loan and I paid it off in 3. My wife's had a 6 year loan and we paid it off in two.
exactly ive had plenty of months where unexpected stuff popped up. Like my dog swallowing a rock that cost me $3,500. If im being given the opportunity to finance for 72 months at no charge thats the route I would like to go. All a matter of personal opinion. Im also in the process of building my house. So months I’ll have a lot of extra money, some months i may only have a little extra money.

Regardless i’d like to hear from more guys who have purchased recently ! Im thinking december may bring some sort of incentive so i can make a move

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Take the 0% financing and run with it.
I have the 0% for 6 years on my car and I'm sending in 200 bucks extra every month. I'll have it paid off in almost half the loan term.
Or, if you're short on cash one month, you can skip a month or two without sending a payment and get back to it without any interest charge.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Take the 0% financing and run with it.
I have the 0% for 6 years on my car and I'm sending in 200 bucks extra every month. I'll have it paid off in almost half the loan term.
Or, if you're short on cash one month, you can skip a month or two without sending a payment and get back to it without any interest charge.
There is literally no reason to pay off a 0% loan faster than its max term, there are actually a lot of reasons to not do that. Send that 200 to your IRA or 401k. If you are going to pay it off in like 3 years youd be better off taking a cash incentive in place of the 0% and procuring your own financing.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
There is literally no reason to pay off a 0% loan faster than its max term, there are actually a lot of reasons to not do that. Send that 200 to your IRA or 401k. If you are going to pay it off in like 3 years youd be better off taking a cash incentive in place of the 0% and procuring your own financing.
I'd like to pay it off and then put the cash into my savings. Didn't want to do the 3 years financing because of "what ifs". What if I lose my job? What if there's a medical emergency? What if my truck needs brakes/tires?
Always better to have no debt, even if it is 0% financing, that's just how I feel about it.
I totally understand what you're saying though.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
$42,000 loan for 72 months @ 4% interest is $5,311 in total interest, not $11,000.

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Double post...

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Sorry, triple post...site was not responding.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
$42,000 loan for 72 months @ 4% interest is $5,311 in total interest, not $11,000.
Hmm maybe I used the wrong type of interest calculator. Actually yes I did sorry about that you are correct I used a compound interest calculator.

The 0% for 72 months should still be better unless they offer a cash incentive more than 5311 though, if you keep your car until you pay it off, and in the case you dont pay the loan off early.

I guess its usually kind of a wash depending on how long you keep the car.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My dealer said if I took the 0% then I wouldn’t get the rebates which were like 2700.
Either way guess it’s a wash because I can finance at the Credit union at 2.49% for 72 months....

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Hey guys so it was something I was up in the air about for a bit, but the dealer that sold me my f250 shot me a text this morning saying they just have 0% financing and 1,000 trade assistance in my region.

They have already offered me 43k for my challenger which is my payoff so that will be a wash.

The MSRP of the car I am looking at is $47k. Its a 2019 gt premium a10 with B&O, black appearance and a few other little things. What would be a good price to pay for this PRETAX? I love this dealer but I also will look and see what other cars are out there so curious to see what others are paying at this point. Is 10k off msrp a bit much to be expecting? I am also a new york city firefighter so I know i get a $500 first responder rebate which is a little bit.

cant wait to get back into the mustang family ! Have a 68 gt500 at home and previously had a 2010 & 2012 gt.

Phil
Sponsored