Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That is yet to be seen if these Ford cars ever make a profit. So far its billions in the red, so your statement isn't accurate at all bud.
First off I did not state my comments as fact. It is my opinion. Agree/disagree, your purgative.
Secondly how do you know its billions in the red for these cars? Fact or opinion?
Lastly, a business model is more than just one vehicle, one type of vehicle or one business segment. We need to let this play out to see where Ford is going to take it. Regardless, any real comparison to Tesla is really pointless as it was never designed to be a long time business.

Just FYI.
Ford profits down more than 50 percent in 2018. Dearborn — Ford Motor Co. made $3.7 billion in 2018, a 52 percent slip in profit compared to the year prior, due largely to poor performance from the company's Chinese and European businesses
Tesla
made a $139 million profit in the fourth quarter of 2018, the first time the electric automaker has ever posted back-to-back profitable quarters in its 15-year history. It was also Tesla's fourth profitable quarter ever, according to an investor letter published on Wednesday.
Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
>
And OTA software updates? Given how they can't manage to do Sync3 updates without a voodoo witch doctor in attendance, and Detroit's pathological ineptitude in computer security, I wager we'll have plenty of bricked cars and entertainment systems. Not to mention a free-for-all in on-the-road hijacking of vehicles. SIGN. ME. UP!
:cwl: so true

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
The Russians are talking down an American company?

tenor.gif

I don't go to Russian "news" to either get my information about or form my opinions on...well, anything, really.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Um, as of this past October, yes Tesla has made a profit:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/business/tesla-earnings.html

Also to note (as of this writing)
Tesla Stock: $358.17

Ford Stock: $8.92

That big ME reveal didn’t do boodiddly for Ford’s stock - and Hackett was banking on a big hurrah, because after all, this ME was supposed to be his baby. He pushed Team Edison for an all new Ford EV to be available to the public in 2020...
That's a single profit per quarter, doesn't come close to covering the billions in real losses. But nice try. And showing me stock prices does nothing but make me laugh. If you think the stock market is a real market and not a manipulated one played like a fiddle by insiders (who own the company Tesla even) then LOL on you. And yeah, Ford's stock is trash, that's mostly a reflection of poor upper level management...and lack of vision, which between quality issues at the factories and billions spent on technology most Americans just don't want!

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I don't go to Russian "news" to either get my information about or form my opinions on...well, anything, really.
I shared RT link to show this discussion is worldwide. I could have easily shared a european centered link, but the video from RT was the best I'd seen as of today, so sharing it (if you bothered to watch it) illustrated my point that even the Ruskies think we are shittin' ourselves over here and are probably laughing at us too when they see Ford would rather make stuff in Mexico or China, despite our trade war idiocy coupled with a bellicose politic environment and rhetoric lately.

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Well of course they do. What would you expect?

They love it when their propaganda goes viral, too. :sunglasses:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sorry but facts is facts, it is partly political too whether you wish that part away or not. Its what could be said an inconvenient truth.
Well, we may disagree on this but we agree on two things.
1. We love our Mustang's
2. We hate Ford for naming an electric 4 door CUV Mustang.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy. :fistbump::rockon:

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Sorry but facts is facts, it is partly political too whether you wish that part away or not. Its what could be said an inconvenient truth.
Just what the world needs. Another person who thinks their OPINION is fact. Go be an angry, old, bitter man somewhere else.

BTW?......your post was FULL of political trolling. :thumbsdown:

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
I went to sign the petition then realized something....Ford doesn't care about what we think! Its obvious, they are now catering to the left coast crowd, wouldn't shock me if Ford starts spending money on global warming ads now too. This is what happens when a leftist agenda meets millenials in charge of a major company and they decide to ruin the brand in front of the eyes of millions of die hard fans. Bye Bye Ford...you lost me for good over this one. Enjoy that future where nobody buys your poor quality crap, that future where you build all your cars in Mexico and China like we know you really want to do.
Then sell your car and leave the forum buddy. I've seen three posts from you on the Mach-E exclaiming that you're done with ford. Put your money with your mouth is and spare us. Nobody likes that Ford is calling this POS a mustang but you are by far the most obnoxious.

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Well of course they do. What would you expect?

They love it when their propaganda goes viral, too. ;)
Well I wouldn't call this video propaganda in any way, if you watched it you'd not pound me with that narrative. You'd likely be shocked, but I have an open mind about material sourcing too, and RT is a source of global news. I don't watch much American cable news these days because of all the BS, so if you wanna talk about propaganda lets have a conversation about CNN or Faux News, and I can back that up with facts all day. I'm actually able to think for myself too, which is pretty rare these days, so RT is just another source in a wide variety of many as I see it...and actually that news piece was made by Americans, no Ruskie accents to be found anywhere...again...its a global news network.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Just what the world needs. Another person who thinks their OPINION is fact. Go be an angry, old, bitter man somewhere else.

BTW?......your post was FULL of political trolling. :thumbsdown:
I think I hurt both you guys feelings. So sorry... I forgot facts aren't facts any more in today's wimpy ass climate. And hold your mouth if you have anything realist to say too.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Then sell your car and leave the forum buddy. I've seen three posts from you on the Mach-E exclaiming that you're done with ford. Put your money with your mouth is and spare us. Nobody likes that Ford is calling this POS a mustang but you are by far the most obnoxious.
I can tell by your forum name you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed anyways. YOLO bathsalts? R U 12? LOL.
Sponsored