installing battery tenders

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Thank you sir! I got it on this afternoon. I couldn't use a spare M6 nut as my car didn't have enough thread exposed to make it bite when I tried to tighten it which was weird. So I removed the factory nut on the fuse block and slid the ring under that nut and tightened it back up. I had the lights flicker a few times doing that which freaked me out a little lol but I guess it lost contact a couple of times until I could get it snug. I used the shock tower the same as you did and it seems good.

My only gripe with the Battery Tender connector is the fuse block on it is not very far from the positive ring clip so its a bit stiff to close the fuse box lid unless I make sure the fuse thing is in the right spot. Another inch or so would have made it easier for sure. But its fine in any case I just would have preferred a bit more length before the fuse.
Yeah, they don't give you enough room on that cable with the fuse block.
Sponsored

Lilpwnie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT350
Genius 3500, big alligator clips have screws that undo to leads... I then put those leads onto the battery terminals little accessory side post little clamps - the terminal ends that go to car.

The great thing is the lead has a plug end that seals up when disconnected from the tender. The real kicker here is that I send it up the other direction to the windshield under the battery cover seal so all that hangs out is the weather sealed plug tucked under the hood near the passenger wiper with hood closed. Cant see it and it does not move at 100mph....

So when I tend battery I just set the tender on the windshield in the gutter area near wiper.. its clean and lights visible at a glance.

I use CTEK tender on my other vehicle, it's good stuff as well.

joshua80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2022 Raptor
Anyone tried a tender hooked up through the cigarette lighter/power outlet? I have the CTEK, but they have an accessory to do just that. Wondering if I should buy it. I like it for the ease of use.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
The lighter and power outlets will go to sleep in a short time so no using the plugin style will not work.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Anyone tried a tender hooked up through the cigarette lighter/power outlet? I have the CTEK, but they have an accessory to do just that. Wondering if I should buy it. I like it for the ease of use.
Using one right now through cigarette lighter although i may do the direct eyehole connect with the weatherproof pigtail connected to the terminals that come with the ctek

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Using one right now through cigarette lighter although i may do the direct eyehole connect with the weatherproof pigtail connected to the terminals that come with the ctek
That method does not work on my car. The outlet goes to sleep after a while.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
That method does not work on my car. The outlet goes to sleep after a while.
looks like we have the same car.......so im assuming mine does the same lol

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I cut the round connectors on the Battery Tender pigtail into a "C" and loosened the nuts on the battery clamps just enough to slide them under and tightened them back up and works just fine.
I did the same thing today, worked awesome took about 5 minutes! Thanks for the tip!

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Great tips all around! I went the NOCO route and bought pigtails for my GT350 and my car hauler trailer. Both are stored for the winter and these ideas you guys came up with will certainly make keeping the batteries ready to go come spring.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
These seem to take a little work. If you buy one with the simple "grab on" alligator clips/ clothes pins, can you just clip it on the battery? Or is it that you can't get to the battery terminals, hood won't close, or other reason?

thx

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
These seem to take a little work. If you buy one with the simple "grab on" alligator clips/ clothes pins, can you just clip it on the battery? Or is it that you can't get to the battery terminals, hood won't close, or other reason?

thx
It’s a pain taking off the battery cover all the time. And you can’t close the hood with clips on the battery.
Very easy to add the cord to the fuse box and ground. Do it once and you are done for the life of the car.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just open the cover for the relays in the engine bay, just next to the battery towards the front; and hook one alligator clip to one of the thick red wires and the ground to the big nut from the front strut, done! No worries, no mods needed...

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Any chance the 'fun police" might say it voids the warranty, if an electrical issue ever surfaces?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Any chance the 'fun police" might say it voids the warranty, if an electrical issue ever surfaces?
You would really have screwed up that simple two wire installation to have that problem.:shock:
I have used this simple mod on all my cars for several decades with no issues...
Sponsored