Sponsored

2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My build, VIN 0775, has been rescheduled once again to day of 12/20. I'm guessing this means that in all likelihood, it won't be built until the new year.
My build, VIN 0761 moved back as of today from 12/20 like yours to 12/19. If this somehow holds and follows the pattern of roughly builds starting up a week or two ahead of the actual scheduled build day, we could see them mid to end of January. Now for me, that is the worst time to receive this car in the heart of winter in NY.
Godd*******. Now i need to call and see about mine.
I figured i would be one of the 1st of the "2nd batch" and have a windowsticker by today, was hoping for the best.. now im thinking the worst
Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I figured i would be one of the 1st of the "2nd batch" and have a windowsticker by today, was hoping for the best.. now im thinking the worst
I thought of you first, once I heard mine was rescheduled...again.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I haven't seen any new VINs sent to the plant for production, I went through every base model VIN yesterday and didn't find any new ones.
If VINs were pulled today, we wouldn't know about it until tomorrow because the tracking websites take about 12 to 18 hours to update.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I haven't seen any new VINs sent to the plant for production, I went through every base model VIN yesterday and didn't find any new ones.
If VINs were pulled today, we wouldn't know about it until tomorrow because the tracking websites take about 12 to 18 hours to update.
How far out have u seen sent to plant, from the "build day" and subsequent windowsticker show up?
If date is 12/2 whats the average been?
Im familiar with the status' after, but avoided reading anything prior.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
KB, my neck hurts... :blush:
Ron: I was hoping it would give a few people a chuckle...thanks. BTW, I just updated it..the geezer forgot to crop the final image square...double DUH!

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Maybe hiring a pilot is the right answer.
George: I don't know the data to support this theory but, I would bet that low-time, single-piloted, civilian aircraft have higher odds of a fatality than automobiles at a rate of time, i.e., per hour of driving or flying.

Bottom line...you did the right thing walking away that first time..you're either confident or your not. I know, I've trained a whole lot of students.

Chartering the trip is FAR safer but obviously, don't just go to Joe Schmucatelli's "We Fly Anywhere, Anytime, in Any Weather" hangar. <smile> Choose a very reputable FBO or dedicated charter outfit not only for safety reasons but it sounds like this is a trip that will be made frequently. If that's the case, it's smarter to go with a solid company right from the start as they will offer the most reliable scheduling.

Anyway, I'm very glad to know you were not one of the statistics.

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
https://penskevehicleservices.com/content/services/body-and-paint

Whether you have a question on fleet services or preparing for an event, we would love to hear from you. Contact a Penske Vehicle Services representative by completing the form below or by calling (877) 210-5290.

Corporate Office
1225 E. Maple Road
Troy, MI 48083

Phone: (248) 729-5400

I spoke with Penske's Vice President of Business Developement for Paint and Body today. I received a very polite. I'm so sorry , "NO".
I asked why they advertise that they will do show cars one off and he said that Penske could lose the contract from the OEM doing a one off. He would not entertain any discussion and would not even inquire within. He was so polite that I couldnt even try to push. I thanked him and hung up not only disappointed but frustrated that they turned my request down without any consideration.

He suggested that the dealer could do the stripes. Geezem Pete.

He was of European Origin and had a very hard wall that was not to be penetrated.

I reminded him that they will have winter down time and could use the work. "Have a nice day. "
Not going to happen.
Regards,
George

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
How far out have u seen sent to plant, from the "build day" and subsequent windowsticker show up?
If date is 12/2 whats the average been?
Im familiar with the status' after, but avoided reading anything prior.
I haven't paid any attention to it, they bounce around so much that I ended up running the VINs once a week and hope I find them on the first go around. This didn't happen when I looked yesterday. So I will try again tomorrow.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
I have 54 hours in a Cessna 172 , and walked away from my solo. Wait for it.....because I was not confident and had no business in that seat. I did not want to be another statistic. Guy buys a plane and runs his family into the ground. That being said...I want a Caravan for my 300 mile hop from Huntsville to Destin. Maybe hiring a pilot is the right answer.
At first it can be intimidating just remember you don't have to solo until you feel comfortable! I trained in a 172, then bought a stationaire 206H, then sold it and upgraded to my current which is a TBM 930 I'll post a pic below of my baby. Flying is only as intimidating as you let it be but it sure makes getting from point A-B a breeze and after awhile flying is as easy as driving a car imo...
TBM930.jpg

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I spoke with Penske's Vice President of Business Developement for Paint and Body today. I received a very polite. I'm so sorry , "NO".
I asked why they advertise that they will do show cars one off and he said that Penske could lose the contract from the OEM doing a one off. He would not entertain any discussion and would not even inquire within. He was so polite that I couldnt even try to push. I thanked him and hung up not only disappointed but frustrated that they turned my request down without any consideration.

He suggested that the dealer could do the stripes. Geezem Pete.

He was of European Origin and had a very hard wall that was not to be penetrated.

I reminded him that they will have winter down time and could use the work. "Have a nice day. "
Not going to happen.
Regards,
George
Well, we could throw snowballs at him.

Sponsored

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
At first it can be intimidating just remember you don't have to solo until you feel comfortable! I trained in a 172, then bought a stationaire 206H, then sold it and upgraded to my current which is a TBM 930 I'll post a pic below of my baby. Flying is only as intimidating as you let it be but it sure makes getting from point A-B a breeze and after awhile flying is as easy as driving a car imo...
TBM930.jpg
search

A 2019 TBM 940 price tag hurt my feelings

Good Looking , Cruises at over 300 knots....

$4.3xx Million

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
search

A 2019 TBM 940 price tag hurt my feelings

Good Looking , Cruises at over 300 knots....

$4.3xx Million
Its more of a company purchase than anything as I travel around the country meeting with clients etc. for business! The last few years in the oil and gas industry has really been good to my family business. I was flying out of state 30-40 times a year and needed something that had a bit more speed and payload over the station-air!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Its more of a company purchase than anything as I travel around the country meeting with clients etc. for business! The last few years in the oil and gas industry has really been good to my family business. I was flying out of state 30-40 times a year and needed something that had a bit more speed and payload over the station-air!
You dont have to explain anything. You are successful and be proud of it. You deserve it for all your hard work.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You dont have to explain anything. You are successful and be proud of it. You deserve it for all your hard work.
Thank you! I sure enjoy being a part of this great community. You guys are a bunch of great guys and words can only do so much to express my thanks to everyone especially Earl as I've never seen someone so dedicated when it comes to helping others. :)

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I agree with Tom. That being said, the Huntsville FBO might just be a nice place for a check ride if you want to visit Huntsville.

My neighbor is the Local FAA instructor /tester and his Citation is an easy 42 min wheels up to wheels down between Huntsville and Destin where my wife “Winters “ a week a month. It’s good for a marriage but sitting in the car 6 hours each way keeps my back side at home . Read as also good for a marriage. All the ice cream one can eat without being reprimanded a week every month.
A Caravan is a lot slower but the Pratt and Whitney turbo prop in both has excellent reliability and requires less attention in the cockpit than a twin engine.
The TBM is a hot rod . How’s its fuel consumption? Prolly just like the GT500, it doesn’t matter. Grin.
Best Regards,
George
Sponsored