Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
People are shitting on the youtube video bad...

The comments section is blowing up with hate...
Sponsored

CarltonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevette
No V8 in the Raptor, probably no V8 in the Bronco, and now this Mustang Mach-er-E. Nice going, Ford.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Its the door handles or lack thereof that scare me... First responders will have no idea how to get you out in case of emergency, let alone a person inside that is panicking.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-the-2021-ford-mustang-mach-es-unusual-doors-w-1839923650

Capture.PNG

Tesla is being sued at the moment because of something similar.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29576096/tesla-model-s-lawsuit-door-handles-fire/
My understanding of the Tesla situation is that the car is design so that the door handles extend if the airbags go off. I can’t recall if this was a case of the airbags not going off, or that they did go off but the handles didn’t extend. If either of those situations occurred, it’s a problem for Tesla. The kid that was driving the car hit a tree or a pole or some other stationary object at high speed.

Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Don't be so quick to want one (why you would buy it at all is a mystery). Do you really think it won't be riddled with bugs and defects? Ford is just above avg on models they have had for years, so you would be crazy to think a brand new model with brand new tech will be solid. Wait until at least the next model year to see what catastrophes you missed and decide then. Tesla still has some major issues to work out, but they pale in comparison to the first few years. Also, you may find that some other mfr will be making one without the cheesy knock off (to both a Mustang and a Tesla) the Mach E is.
Oh, I wouldn't get one immediately, I would wait a while.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I had wanted a RHD Mustang for donkeys years. I bought a brand new 2018 GT and it was rubbish. The quality was just terrible, it leaked rain in to the point I had to drive it in galoshes. The Ford special dealer took 3 months and 25 days to pretend to cure the leak, they didn't cure it and I was put off the whole Mustang myth.
This quality problem is much more of a concern for the status of the Mustang name than a 4 door bev.
If quality was what was going to sink the Mustang, it would have happened decades ago. Sorry for your misfortune, but I have seen Audi's, Bimmers and Mercs all have similar annoying issues that would make you scream in anger at the dealer. There is always some that just aren't built right. Hopefully your next car is better.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Oh, I wouldn't get one immediately, I would wait a while.
Smart man! Maybe by the time you are ready it will have a proper name to fit its...portliness!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well, it’s great they gave it such a cool trademarked name... so just an FYI, MACHE is also known as a slang term.... (not sure where “towel” comes from though?)

:cwl:
E9A04F9D-BBD3-419C-9D31-11F2EADBE4C3.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the batteries are being made in Poland from cells supplied by LG Chem according to this article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/17/business/ford-mustang-electric-suv.html

but that doesn’t make real sense, because LG Chem is a South Korean company that already has a plant here in the US (and is supposed to be also building a 2nd plant) to manufacturer batteries. So I’m not sure why Ford would have to absorb additional costs importing the batteries, why not just manufacturer the needed batteries here?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Maybe they could have called it the Macho E

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
If i could buy it for my family suv i would. I really do like it and i dont see how it would affect negativly the mustang name. Hey when they start gapping mustang gts people will start to love it.
Mustang owners is what we love to race and gap other cars.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Well, it’s great they gave it such a cool trademarked name... so just an FYI, MACHE is also known as a slang term.... (not sure where “towel” comes from though?)

:cwl:
E9A04F9D-BBD3-419C-9D31-11F2EADBE4C3.jpeg
That's the "Urban Dictionary" .... I'm surprised there isn't some twisted sexual definition of the word, lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: