0-60 Times

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just did a couple runs at 4.7 in my 2019 GT Base with stock 235 all seasons and 3.15 rear with shifter in S mode. Sea level @ 48 degrees F.

How much more can I lower my 0-60? I.e how much do I suck at launching?

On my best runs the wheels were only barely slipping and I didnt feather the throttle too long. I notice first gear shifts early, is the computer programmed that way or is this something to do with TC because the TC light didnt blink?

I have to say, doing a 20-80 run feels so much faster lol this car just keeps pulling once it goes. View attachment 408168
20191102_225003.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

DesertRat5115

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Velocity Blue Stock + 275/40R18-9.5 Square
Here's my one and only attempt so far. 80 degrees ambient, tires are cheap Federal SS595 275/40 R18's that I got for $90 per tire just so that I could get my new tire wheel size on the car (Michelins will be next after I burn through these). No burnout before attempt. Held at about 1500 RPM at launch, Sport + mode. When the weather cools down into the 50s in the morning, I plan to go out, do a good burnout first, and hope to take a couple of ticks off.

0 to 60 191109.jpg

2019 GT: If you are getting a 4.7 with those stock 235s I would say you that your car is pretty strong. I would think you could take that number down at least 2-3 tenths with good rubber.

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
Was out last night and decided to play around with Track Apps. 2019 GT Premium. Stock. 265/35 20 tire . Road was a bit slick with lots of wheel spin. 0-60 4.3 secs. 1/4 mile 13.2. In track mode with advance track off. Didn't foot brake, just mashed the pedal. I'm impressed.

DesertRat5115

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Did another run this morning 62 degrees ambient, but held the revs a touch too high and got way too much wheel spin. The fact that I got a 4.7 with that amount of wheel spin makes me think that 4.5 should be totally doable with a more controlled launch, so maybe another day.

0-60 191117.jpg

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Has anyone tested their 0-60 with both the Track-App system in the car and a Dragy?

Wondering how much different they are...

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Best I think Ive done is a 4.6, but in sport mode, couldn’t figure out drag mode without break the tires loose. But still I thought this car was supposed to do 4 or even 3.9 out of the box. The timer thing...eh...not sure I can believe it.

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Best I think Ive done is a 4.6, but in sport mode, couldn’t figure out drag mode without break the tires loose. But still I thought this car was supposed to do 4 or even 3.9 out of the box. The timer thing...eh...not sure I can believe it.
Yeah I got pretty much the same times with mine (although my 5200 ft altitude only gave me 4.8 with the stock track app).
Sport was better for traction otherwise would lose a lot of traction on the 1-2 shift in drag mode (10 speed)
that's why I'm interested to see the track app system compared to the Dragy device which is supposedly very accurate.

Curious if 4.8 on the stock system would be lower on higher when using the Dragy device/app??

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
4.3 manual or 3.9 A10 with pro driver and perfect temps and likely prepped drag strip. 4.6 (4.8 for me in my manual) for us "common folk" seems great to me. Not like I'm racing every stop light so don't really care about half a second lol.

DesertRat5115

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I look at the tested 3.9 suspecting the following: hand-selected car from Ford, sticky surface with plenty of rubber on it, low ambient temperature, 110 pound driver, a single gallon of gas in the tank, tires warmed up by a couple of good hearty burnouts, possibly low tire pressure, possibly higher octane fuel, and that just-right engine speed at release of brake / perfect launch by a pro. If they used drag mode with someone who had drag racing talent, that could have been a factor as well. I know I don't have that skill level to turn in ideal pulls with no traction control, and use the sport + mode which still allows deal-breaking wheel spin and requires a careful launch.

I think that 3.9 was "the perfect storm" of factors along with an especially strong car. With pictures to back it up, I see the 4.3 - 4.8 second range for most cars. If I can hit 4.3 - 4.5 I will feel satisfied. The irritating part is that a Camaro SS can more easily repeat times similar to what the magazines get. I have a friend with an SS and he can get within a tenth of what the magazines got, a mild irritant, but my car also cost seven thousand less and you can see out of it.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have, posted a vid on it on YT.
Was running after market wheels and larger tires so the track apps most likely was not as accurate as can be.

Has anyone tested their 0-60 with both the Track-App system in the car and a Dragy?

Wondering how much different they are...

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well.... I've had my 15 GT for over 4 years and the first time I played with this was about a month ago. It didn't go that well with my Pro-Charger and Mich PS 4S. I think 4.9 was the best I could do. The PP with 3.73s hits I think around 57/58 MPH at the top end of 2nd. I had my rev limiter set to 7k to protect my motor which means I have to shift to 3rd to hit 60 MPH. I didn't really get my tires warm either...

Why 7k? Just playing it safe I guess. Car was originally dyno'ed at 7500 but the power was just coming down after 7k. So I had it clipped at 7k. At my last track day, I think I could have used an extra few revs but oh well. That magnificent Coyote stays happy and pulls like a champ!

While I have some Drag Radials...I have yet to take this one to a strip. Probably needs to happen but it hasn't yet.
Sponsored