Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
The mod suppliers are going to have to be creative. No more X pipe or H pipe or cat backs.
Nope its going to be easier for them. They will sell MP3's of an H or X pipe easy peezy! The cut outs MP3 will be more expensive no doubt.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
So, does this mean that the GT vs. Ecoboost bashing will end?

the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
just so wrong! But since you brought it up. I think this should be the sound when you turn off the key and exit the vehicle.
That is sooooo good. I love that scene. They did a remake on Friends

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Marketing guys a Ford must be blind or stoned. I think it would have made much more sense to just name it the "Ford Mach E" without the the word Mustang attached.

They still could have said it was "Mustang inspired" because it does have some look ques of the Mustang. Personally I would have even toned that down some in the design of this vehicle. It's almost like Ford wants to identify the Mach E as a side line/branch off of the Mustang line of vehicles. Even sounds that way in their marketing words.

Oh well, it is what it is. Now we can refer to "Mustang" as either the Pony Car Mustang or the SUV/Cross Over "Mustang".

I guess Idiocracy happens everywhere these days ... :facepalm:
They should have called it the Mustang 3E and left it at that. Because we all know the Mustang II was not a Mustang. I think I threw up in my mouth a little when the Mustang II came out.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Nice vehicle Ford. Too bad you might have caused one of the biggest blunders since "New Coke" while naming this SUV.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
They should have called it the Mustang 3E and left it at that. Because we all know the Mustang II was not a Mustang. I think I threw up in my mouth a little when the Mustang II came out.
I was just learning about cars when the Mustang II came out (I was a pre-teen). I was of the impression that sporty cars needed to be small for better handling and power density. So I LIKED the Mustang II when it came out. It was a nice tight little package compared to the big bulbous Camaro and Firebird of the same model years. When I went to college I bought a used 1974 Mustang II and sold that a couple years later to buy a Cobra II so that I could have a manual V8. Did I mention that the college I was attending was General Motors Institute? It was a few years before I came to grips with the reality that I hadn't made the best car choices. :blush:

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Its the door handles or lack thereof that scare me... First responders will have no idea how to get you out in case of emergency, let alone a person inside that is panicking.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-the-2021-ford-mustang-mach-es-unusual-doors-w-1839923650

Capture.PNG

Tesla is being sued at the moment because of something similar.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29576096/tesla-model-s-lawsuit-door-handles-fire/
Not having a door handle isn't going to keep First Responders from getting into a vehicle... They'll break the glass, or grab the jaws of life. Then you get to enjoy your insurance company totaling out the Mistake-E you bought and granting you the opportunity to start over with a real Mustang. :like:

Sponsored

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This disgusting little atrocity is taking off about as well as a lead balloon on Facebook. Ford is getting absolutely roasted , and I fuckin love it. The damn idiots HAVE to come to their senses soon. No way is this thing going anywhere. And even if the slim chance in hell they sell decently , they eliminated how many ACTUAL mustang buyers in the process ?? A 6 year old child could have made a better decision than what ford did last Wednesday. I still cant quite grasp it yet

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I see it as annoying that Ford has nothing to do but destroy years of brand love and recognition and good will. Ford CLEARLY has no direction with the changes they have been making other than "we want to be like Tesla" which to me means they have HORRIBLE management.

I've honestly gone from a life long Ford and Mustang fan to now really wanting very little to do with them at all. My next car will likely be ANY other brand due to how they are acting right now. Not 4 years ago if I needed any vehicle it was no question I'd look at Ford first, others later. Now I'd look at Ford last.

If their new models suck, they deserve to be bashed for it.
I too am steering away from Ford as a lifelong loyal buyer and supporter. They are unfortunately now run by people that have no interest or enthusiasm for cars. They're all bean counters. I'll be the first to admit that this is the direction the automotive world is going as a whole, but to put the Mustang name on it, I think was just wrong.
I'm not going to lie, I kinda like the Mach E, just wish they named it something else.
Unfortunately, Ford has shown us in the last few years that they give ZERO fucks about us and what we think or want. If you think for one second that they do, good luck.

You know i wasn't going to to this because, well why bother, right? Now that Cobra Jet posted this I'm even more pissed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/15/ford-bets-on-mustangs-reputation-with-mexico-made-mach-e-suv.html

Do not care if it matters or not, I'm in :angry:
Well shit, are we going to have to press 1 for English on the center screen?

It's worth a shot. Ford will have heard us loud and clear over the last couple of days, but another avenue can't hurt.

Don't forget, back in the early 90s, Ford was going to replace the Fox with a front wheel drive, transverse engine car. The internet didn't really exist.....so the Mustang faithful wrote letters to Ford HQ.......and they listened! That car became the Probe and Mustang continued as the SN95.

We have a voice. Whether Ford listens and reacts.....well, that remains to be seen.

Signed.
It was the mid 80's, and the front wheel drive Mustang replacement was the Probe. A huge petition signing campaign convinced Ford, ran by car guys at the time, that they should refresh the Mustang instead of rape it by replacing it with the monstrosity they had on deck. The Aero nose 87 mustang refresh was the product of this decision.

Deleted member 35786

Not having a door handle isn't going to keep First Responders from getting into a vehicle... They'll break the glass, or grab the jaws of life. Then you get to enjoy your insurance company totaling out the Mistake-E you bought and granting you the opportunity to start over with a real Mustang. :like:
Did you read the Tesla article about door handles??
Not if the car is on fire. See the Tesla law suit, guy could not get out as the cabin was filling with smoke and burned alive.

A small tibit from the article: "As cool as they may be to some Tesla fans, the unique retractable door handles on the Tesla Model S are being faulted in a lawsuit over the death of a man in Florida. The man, Omar Awan, crashed into a tree in a Model S and was then unable to get out of the electric vehicle when the battery caught fire. The accident and death occurred in February."

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Did you read the Tesla article about door handles??
Not if the car is on fire. See the Tesla law suit, guy could not get out as the cabin was filling with smoke and burned alive.

A small tibit from the article: "As cool as they may be to some Tesla fans, the unique retractable door handles on the Tesla Model S are being faulted in a lawsuit over the death of a man in Florida. The man, Omar Awan, crashed into a tree in a Model S and was then unable to get out of the electric vehicle when the battery caught fire. The accident and death occurred in February."
I hadn't seen it, but chances are that if you're in a wreck that's bad enough to start a fire, not having handles won't matter because the doors are going to be crunched shut anyway. That's also not taking into consideration EMT/Fire actually being able to get to you in time.

All that being said, I'd still rather be in an ICE vehicle, with fuel shutoffs in place to limit the risk of fire, rather than an EV sitting on a few hundred pounds of runaway-prone lithium...

XCRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Ford got the new "Mustang" right like a McDonalds drive-thru gets your order right.
Sponsored