Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
The more I think about it the worse it becomes.
Such a travesty of a American icon.
Reminds me of the old you can put lipstick on a pig but.......

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I wonder if it's gonna have the fake V8 sound like the eco boost has.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Funny how many folks are saying ford can do what they want, stop whining and suck it up.
Well you are correct, Ford can do what they want. But might be a mistake to piss off millions of loyal followers.
But I don't have to suck it up, I have spent a life time of passion over the Mustangs, I have the right to pissed off.

I can vote with my wallet also. I not only buy and support Mustangs, I am on many forums doing what.
Supporting Mustangs, hmmmm. I also buy Ford trucks for my work as I am a Ford guy.

What idiot decided to go all in ( not world series of poker here) on the brand Mustang?
Bill Ford, well if true, he could pay when share holders are pissed, because they destroyed the Mustang legacy, heritage
and history. It will take a couple years to see where this truly goes and what it means.

I think most of us know EV are coming, whether us old gear heads want them or not.
Ok, I get it and let them come, but for all that is still right in the car world, don't call that crap
a Mustang. I am so stubborn, that if the day comes I have but little choice to buy one, It will not be
a Mustang, hmmmm did Ford lose a potential Mustang owner to another brand because of a stupid
decision, my suggestion is yes and I suspect I won't be alone.

Today I even considered selling my Ford stock ( relax I don't enough to pay the coffee bill at most dealers LOL)
I really wished theyd just kill off the mustang name vs basterdize it like this...

Just goes to show u no one values or respect shit anymore... Its all just a big joke

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Notice that when the incentive got cut in half for Tesla, they reduced their prices on some models. Because they could.
They were cost-shifting from day 1 on the backs of US tax payers. The consumer can only afford so much. When the subsidy got chopped, their sales would have decreased had the net price gone up. So they cut their margin to keep the sales flowing. The Model3 prices are (in theory) noticeably less than the earlier models because they are reaping the benefits of past R&D, process improvement, and efficiencies of scale.

And yet Tesla is STILL losing big money every year despite the subsidy. They only book 'profits' by selling carbon indulgences (aka ZEV credits) to GM and Dodge, etc. With their subsidies expired they will either increase their prices or find cost cutting measures to finally get into the black. With Ford et. al. being able to reap the market distortions and subsidies to the hilt for the next 3 years, Tesla's days are numbered. They won't find those efficiencies and the marketplace will prevent them from raising prices. Their only real option is to buy off the US Gov't to artificially increase the value of their ZEV credits or allow their cars to continue to be paid for by the tax payer.

source: https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/TSLA/tesla/net-income
https://www.thedrive.com/news/24659...-selling-regulatory-credits-not-sales-revenue

And these kinds of stories are always fun. Imagine the amount of infrastructure necessary if EV sales were 3-5% of annual.
https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/tesla-supercharger-erupts-flames-new-jersey-wawa

Last edited:

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
75069644_10156318219556580_1314489773326336000_o.jpg

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
I'm willing to make a deal with ya Ford...

You can have your Mach-E as long as my 2023 Hybrid Mustang GT gets to use this for the Pony badge:

mache.jpg

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Wow very sensitive folks here... not saying I love the Mach e but the technology sure is cool. Calling it a mustang? Marketing, nothing more. Plus the advertised performance numbers are mustang worthy.

Bottom line who cares?? Doesn’t change a thing with how great my bullitt is. anybody that would sell their mustang because of this car is out of their mind.

This is the future. These e cars will be running circles around anything with a gas engine in 10 years or less. And you likely won’t be able to even buy a gas engine by then. All the more reason to keep your car. End of an era.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I wonder if it's gonna have the fake V8 sound like the eco boost has.

Actually yes, it will have (3) fake engine sounds (not kidding).....

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The mod suppliers are going to have to be creative. No more X pipe or H pipe or cat backs. How about black dual tip rear speakers that can have custom sounds!. Imagine a track day for just Mach E cars. It would sound like a mime track meet.:facepalm: Even better, a Mach E drag race! What would it sound like? :question:
Maybe a custom sound that when a woman screams as she has an orgasm.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Actually yes, it will have (3) fake engine sounds (not kidding).....
That's horrible. I'd rather it be quiet.
ACTUALLY,...........I'd rather they not call it a "Mustang" and put a nice V8 Coyote in it. lol

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Marketing guys a Ford must be blind or stoned. I think it would have made much more sense to just name it the "Ford Mach E" without the the word Mustang attached.

They still could have said it was "Mustang inspired" because it does have some look ques of the Mustang. Personally I would have even toned that down some in the design of this vehicle. It's almost like Ford wants to identify the Mach E as a side line/branch off of the Mustang line of vehicles. Even sounds that way in their marketing words.

Oh well, it is what it is. Now we can refer to "Mustang" as either the Pony Car Mustang or the SUV/Cross Over "Mustang".

I guess Idiocracy happens everywhere these days ... :facepalm:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a custom sound that when a woman screams as she has an orgasm.
just so wrong! But since you brought it up. I think this should be the sound when you turn off the key and exit the vehicle.
Sponsored