Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
It does look good in the Grabber Blue I have to admit that much...
It looks like an over-inflated Mustang balloon.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Tremec transmissions are made in Mexico. A lot of precious metals for alloys and electronics are sourced in China. Sheet metals come from all over the place. Is what it is.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ford just killed an American Icon....great job marketing department! :clap:...idiots!!
No, they didn’t. Our Mustang’s have been, are now, and will always be iconic. Sticking our name on the Mach-E doesn’t change it.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Bleh, unconfirmed for Australia, would like to grab the GT for the wife but without knowing if its coming to Australia is a bit of a let down.
Don't be so quick to want one (why you would buy it at all is a mystery). Do you really think it won't be riddled with bugs and defects? Ford is just above avg on models they have had for years, so you would be crazy to think a brand new model with brand new tech will be solid. Wait until at least the next model year to see what catastrophes you missed and decide then. Tesla still has some major issues to work out, but they pale in comparison to the first few years. Also, you may find that some other mfr will be making one without the cheesy knock off (to both a Mustang and a Tesla) the Mach E is.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
No, they didn’t. Our Mustang’s have been, are now, and will always be iconic. Sticking our name on the Mach-E doesn’t change it.
I agree the actual cars are iconic, but what I think what some are saying is that the name "Mustang" just took a huge hit in credibility, which in turns damages its image. It does nothing to the cars we have though. They won't drive or look any different. You might say they will look "better" than they do now sitting next to the poser Mach E.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I can’t get over this piece of so called Mustang trash.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
The more I think about it the worse it becomes.
Such a travesty of a American icon.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Its a shame all the "doomsayers" come out in force. I really don't believe that other then because of stupid government policies that we are going to lose our beloved performance mustangs since Ford has made it its profile product. I daresay that a lot of the whiners weren't around in the early years when we almost lost out Mustang. I'm 67 and have owned a '69 302 Sportroof, '78 Mustang II Cobra II, '03 GT, and my current '18 GT. In 1974 Ford introduced the Mustang II during the fuel crisis and it set sales records even though disliked by the purists. It carried us through tough times until the new Mustang was introduced in 1979. During that time there was also a 4 cylinder turbo model. In the 80's when it was announced Ford was going to import a European vehicle to replace the Mustang there was such a great outcry that Ford decided to keep building the Mustang and named the import the Probe. What we have to keep in mind if Ford follows through with not building any more sedans after the Fusion is done in '21 or '22 the Mustang line has to expand, the more the better to be able to build our performance ones. By itself with no other lines the current Mustang lineup cannot sustain itself.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree the actual cars are iconic, but what I think what some are saying is that the name "Mustang" just took a huge hit in credibility, which in turns damages its image. It does nothing to the cars we have though. They won't drive or look any different. You might say they will look "better" than they do now sitting next to the poser Mach E.
I hear you but I was referring not just to the cars but to our heritage. If anyone looks at the Mach-E and then doubts our credibility and/or image that's on them. I always taught my kids "What other people think about me is none of my business". Holds true for my Mustang as well.

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its a shame all the "doomsayers" come out in force. I really don't believe that other then because of stupid government policies that we are going to lose our beloved performance mustangs since Ford has made it its profile product. I daresay that a lot of the whiners weren't around in the early years when we almost lost out Mustang. I'm 67 and have owned a '69 302 Sportroof, '78 Mustang II Cobra II, '03 GT, and my current '18 GT. In 1974 Ford introduced the Mustang II during the fuel crisis and it set sales records even though disliked by the purists. It carried us through tough times until the new Mustang was introduced in 1979. During that time there was also a 4 cylinder turbo model. In the 80's when it was announced Ford was going to import a European vehicle to replace the Mustang there was such a great outcry that Ford decided to keep building the Mustang and named the import the Probe. What we have to keep in mind if Ford follows through with not building any more sedans after the Fusion is done in '21 or '22 the Mustang line has to expand, the more the better to be able to build our performance ones. By itself with no other lines the current Mustang lineup cannot sustain itself.
Can’t sustain itself ?? Why on earth do you think the most iconic , well known car on the face of the planet, couldn’t sustain itself ? I’m dumbfounded. Lower production numbers if they feel they won’t sell them all. And for gods sake don’t ruin the poor things image by building this travesty

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
There will be some people that will finally buy a "Mustang" now that it is electric. So many tree huggers that hate gas guzzlers and think that the GG tax ought to be higher because we are ruining their planet. Plus the GT-E is actually faster than the GT350 with zero emissions and no engines blowing up.

Sad, but that is what people that don't know about cars will see and applaud.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Well,......that was nauseating.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I was initially angry about the fact it will be built in mexico. However, Ford engineers in charge of the project stated that this BEV vehicle will make money at the start, unlike most every other BEV on the market that has to use sales of ICE vehicles to pay for them. If it makes a solid business case and we get future funding for updates to our Mustangs then its a win/win.
Sponsored