Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So....spring 2021, eh?

Rampant badging and naming stupidity aside, I'll call bullshit on that release now. Bronco what? GT500? Both either late or non-existent still today, I'll be amazed if Ford pulls this off.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why is everyone harping on the $7,500.00 tax credit? That’s NOT a guaranteed instant “discount”... no one reads the fine print... LMAO.

Did anyone also read that in order to get the max or peak charging that one also has to buy the Ford stand alone charging station?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Why is everyone harping on the $7,500.00 tax credit? That’s NOT a guaranteed instant “discount”... no one reads the fine print... LMAO.

Did anyone also read that in order to get the max or peak charging that one also has to buy the Ford stand alone charging station?
It’s included in the vehicle purchase. Ford works with Amazon to deliver and install it.

Actually, hold that thought. When he was talking yesterday, Bill Ford said or implied that it was included. The press material says “...Or, Amazon can install an optional Ford Connected Charge Station...”. Now, the other part of that statement is that if your parking area is already wired for 240V you can already charge at a fast rate with the Mobile Charger that is provided with the car. First time I’ve seen that. Most mobile chargers (other than Tesla) only charge at 120V. This one charges at 120V or 240V, based on what the location it is plugged in at offers.

FC44048C-8E91-4F4A-B441-4EE94E2E0446.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
The choices on this poll aren't the best. I chose "Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang Coupe" because it sounds the most negative. I don't want this if you call it a Mustang. If it was called something else and I thought an electric SUV was the right purchase then yeah, no problem, I'd consider it.

I have no problem with the idea of an electric or better yet, hybrid Mustang with major performance chops. However, a 4 door SUV is not a Mustang. Makes me wish I hadn't just upgraded then maybe I'd consider another brand. I feel like they really messed up calling it a Mustang. 2 Years ago I met a former Ford engineer who was in charge of Mustang around the time the Probe came out. The Probe was supposed to be the new Mustang. When they told him what they wanted he said we can build that car but it won't be a Mustang. This is exactly how a feel about this. How could they be so far off the mark on this? This could seriously change what I think in future purchases. I've always been a Mustang guy (on my 6th), this may push me over to something else.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s included in the vehicle purchase. Ford works with Amazon to deliver and install it.

Ahhhh Nope.

There IS a charger included - but the other best charger is not included with the vehicle purchase price - it’s optional as pulled right from the site:

80% of electric vehicle charging happens at home. Ford offers multiple home charging solutions to fit your needs– the Ford Mobile Charger comes standard while the Ford Connected Charge Station is an option that fully charges your vehicle overnight*:

• Est. 32 miles of range per charging hour, using the optional Ford Connected Charge Station

• For the fastest possible charge at home you will want the available Ford Connected Charge Station. This is a great solution for those with longer commutes or who want to enjoy connected features. The Ford Connected Charge Station can be included with your Ford Credit financing agreement.**

To make your experience hassle-free, Ford teamed up with Amazon in the U.S. for all your installation services.
Ford has everyone greased on this ME... obviously no one is reading the fine print.

Fine print for the Tax Credit:
*You may qualify for as much as $7,500 in federal tax incentives for purchasing an all-electric Ford vehicle in 2020. The federal tax credit is a potential future tax savings. The amount of your tax savings will depend on your individual tax circumstances. For additional information, go to https://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/409. Please consult your tax professional to determine eligibility and amount of your incentive. Tax incentives are not within Ford’s control and this information does not constitute tax advice.
**Available late 2020
That $7,500.00 is the MAX allowable credit - there’s no guarantee that everyone will get or qualify for the MAX allowable credit.

LMAO....

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
I have never seen so much fucking crying over something no one is making you buy . No one here owns the mustang name but ford . If they want to discontinue it they can, they want to rename it they can , and there is nothing anyone here can do .

No one is making you buy it grow up
But there is something we can do. We’ve done it before. Remember the probe?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
:headbang:

The Mustang Mach E doesn't make any sense, only because it's a Mustang. The car itself, with a blue oval on hood and calling it a Ford Thunderbolt, it would be taking in massive news coverage right now... not the scorn, confusion & anger Ford is receiving.

It just doesn't feel like a Mustang... and awfully contrived!
Thunderbolt may be reserved for a future performance version.

Deleted member 35786

Ahhhh Nope.

There IS a charger included - but the other best charger is not included with the vehicle purchase price - it’s optional as pulled right from the site:

Ford has everyone greased on this ME... obviously no one is reading the fine print.

That $7,500.00 is the MAX allowable credit - there’s no guarantee that everyone will get or qualify for the MAX allowable credit.

LMAO....
Yep.. And here in Florida we have ZERO TAX CREDIT for EV's... Go Figure..

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Although I don't agree with calling this vehicle a Mustang, I am very interested in it and will consider buying one. The performance specs are impressive, especially the torque. I'm always interested in any high performance convertibles or 4 doors and there aren't that many to chose from.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I voted no change. Been into Mustangs since my dad bought his 1965 convertible 289 off the showroom floor. Current GT350 is a beast and so much joy. My wife has wanted an all electric vehicle for a long time and I really like this design. I bought her a 2019 Jeep Cherokee, which is very comparable in size to the Mach E and it would work for her. The problem I have with these all electric vehicles is cost. Our Jeep came with huge incentives and I paid $22,500 for a well equipped version (driver assist, heated seats/wheel, tech package, etc.). It gets 32 mpg on the highway. I struggle with paying a premium to move away from the gas pump. That is and always will be my main problem with the all electric vehicles, no matter how competitive they say the Mach E is with Tesla and other EV's.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Ahhhh Nope.

LMAO....
Yup. I think I was editing while you were posting. :blush: Copied a page out of the press material for clarity. The language for the $7,500 credit has been the same since that started in 2010.

There are differences in how much the car is eligible for, depending on size of battery and battery range. Mach E qualifies for 100% of the $7,500. For some people, their tax bracket situation may alter how much of it they actually see. Everyone I know who has bought an EV and some Plug-in Hybrids have qualified for the entire $7,500.

Including me. Twice.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I understand how the practical reasons would appeal to what I'm guessing is a middle-aged couple - SUV/CUV, miles per charge, and apparent pricing. What I'm not feeling is that they'd be conned by any ties to the Mustang.

Obviously they've been around for most of the Mustang's existence, if not for all of it. So I would expect their age group to have well established thoughts on what a Mustang has always been and that what they're most likely seeing as a tall station wagon just ain't it (station wagons having been the "utility vehicles" and the mom-mobiles in decades past).

Norm
So my pops said this. Ive heard of the car and find it interesting. I said does the fact that its called a mustang make you want to buy it more or less.......... He said......... idk maybe a little less. I dont understand why its a mustang, I was 5 years old when they came out and it has always been a 2 door coupe for me. I dont understand the whole 4 door thing. same reason i dont think a charger is a charger because its 4 doors. I think its interesting but having a mustang name doesnt make me want to go buy it. It wouldnt prevent me from getting it (other things Ford has done makes my Father "anti-Ford) i just dont understand the naming..

So yeah like most car is interesting/cool blah blah blah.... but why the mustang name lol
Sponsored