2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
I have known a lot of pilots, does that count?
I have 54 hours in a Cessna 172 , and walked away from my solo. Wait for it.....because I was not confident and had no business in that seat. I did not want to be another statistic. Guy buys a plane and runs his family into the ground. That being said...I want a Caravan for my 300 mile hop from Huntsville to Destin. Maybe hiring a pilot is the right answer.
Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I have 54 hours in a Cessna 172 , and walked away from my solo. Wait for it.....because I was not confident and had no business in that seat. I did not want to be another statistic. Guy buys a plane and runs his family into the ground. That being said...I want a Caravan for my 300 mile hop from Huntsville to Destin. Maybe hiring a pilot is the right answer.[/QU
I have 54 hours in a Cessna 172 , and walked away from my solo. Wait for it.....because I was not confident and had no business in that seat. I did not want to be another statistic. Guy buys a plane and runs his family into the ground. That being said...I want a Caravan for my 300 mile hop from Huntsville to Destin. Maybe hiring a pilot is the right answer.
Seems to me in this forum that you have quite a few to choose from.:sunglasses:

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
My build, VIN 0775, has been rescheduled once again to day of 12/20. I'm guessing this means that in all likelihood, it won't be built until the new year.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Seems a slow week or so for vehicles going into production? Or am I just focused on hoping for shipping?
@Snoopy49 , has any other cars been released other than mine and 1 other? Of course it doesn’t mean much as they are all in holding pattern, see trying to get that flyer language going for or pilots. Lol

Sponsored

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
My build, VIN 0775, has been rescheduled once again to day of 12/20. I'm guessing this means that in all likelihood, it won't be built until the new year.
My build, VIN 0761 moved back as of today from 12/20 like yours to 12/19. If this somehow holds and follows the pattern of roughly builds starting up a week or two ahead of the actual scheduled build day, we could see them mid to end of January. Now for me, that is the worst time to receive this car in the heart of winter in NY.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@Snoopy49 , has any other cars been released other than mine and 1 other?
No cars have been released at this time.

38 have Received Status, 26 Dealer/Customer and 12 Factory orders.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
@Snoopy49 , yes when I say received, I mean received into shipping status. Not literally received. So that’s the total of received status cars? I’m surprised more haven’t as many have been produced.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
My build, VIN 0761 moved back as of today from 12/20 like yours to 12/19. If this somehow holds and follows the pattern of roughly builds starting up a week or two ahead of the actual scheduled build day, we could see them mid to end of January. Now for me, that is the worst time to receive this car in the heart of winter in NY.
Horrible time for me as well, living in Northern Nevada. I probably won't see the car until early February is my guess. In the middle of winter.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@Snoopy49 , yes when I say received, I mean received into shipping status. Not literally received. So that’s the total of received status cars? I’m surprised more haven’t as many have been produced.
The problem is the car is not in a shipping status, it is in "In Production/Received" status which means it has not been released from the plant to shipping. I have asked around and the people in the know are not sure why that status was applied to these cars.

Here is the normal progression for the status:

"In Production/Produced"
In Production

Primary Status: The vehicle is in production.
Produced
Primary Status: The vehicle has been produced.

"Awaiting Shipment/Released"
Awaiting Shipment

Primary Status: The vehicle is awaiting shipment.
Released
The vehicle has been released from the plant to a carrier and is awaiting shipment.

" In Transit/Received"
In Transit
Primary Status: The vehicle is in transit.
Received
The vehicle has been received by a carrier at a ramp location. The yard location may display. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

"In Transit/Shipped by Rail or Convoy"
In Transit

Primary Status: The vehicle is in transit.
Shipped Rail
The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via rail. The railcar number displays. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.
Shipped Convoy
The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via convoy. The convoy number may or may not display. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

I could not find any reference to "In Production/Received", it doesn't make any sense. It cannot be received for shipping while it is still in production.
Sponsored