Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Screenshot (03h 07m 19s).jpg
Greets All,

I pulled the trigger and traded in my 2016 Cali Special this Saturday and ordered my 2020 Non-Track Pack. Tech Package and Handling Package. Can't wait for spring, have to wait for Dec to get my VIN.
Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Screenshot (03h 07m 19s).jpg
Greets All,

I pulled the trigger and traded in my 2016 Cali Special this Saturday and ordered my 2020 Non-Track Pack. Tech Package and Handling Package. Can't wait for spring, have to wait for Dec to get my VIN.
Congrats you will not be disappointed

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
AD: First, congrats on your order. Secondly, I went back and forth and back and forth between white and black stripes on Rapid Red. It took me a long time to decide but ultimately, I went with black. No question though, white stripes stand OUT! :-)

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Congrats! My dealer also said December so we'll see!

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
AD: First, congrats on your order. Secondly, I went back and forth and back and forth between white and black stripes on Rapid Red. It took me a long time to decide but ultimately, I went with black. No question though, white stripes stand OUT! :-)
I too as well was deciding on with out without stripes, I knew I wanted white to stand out, in the end the stripes won, and it didnt hurt the wife said definitely stripes :)

Do we know they are assigning more VINs in December? Congrats as well.
According to my dealer he said new VINS will start again in Dec, but they wouldn't start production until after Feb due to the extreme cold and the cup2 tires cracking in the cold. But I'll keep you posted on the VIN.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and i look forward to your comments on the cat when you take delivery.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Congrats! I spoke to two of the guys at FP and they won’t begin scheduling any cars until next year. Not sure the dealer gave accurate information. You won’t see a vin until after scheduling.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! I spoke to two of the guys at FP and they won’t begin scheduling any cars until next year. Not sure the dealer gave accurate information. You won’t see a vin until after scheduling.
No he did tell me that the scheduling wouldn't be till next year as well builds wont begin until most likely end of Feb beginning of march. either way, the end result is I will have one :)

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
I may be partial but nice color and stripe combo:clap:

Sponsored
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I may be partial but nice color and stripe combo:clap:
Why thank you. :) After having the 2016 Deep Impact Blue Cali, I wanted something different, And when I saw the rafter lowering reveal color, I fell in love. But nobody could tell me the color red it was. I dont think Rapid Red was the color it was origianlly revealed in, but, if its not, this is the closest to that color. And as for the stripes, can't have a race car without stripes now :D

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Angel: I have a '14 in Race Red with white stripes but this time, I wanted Rapid Red. Then, the big question, what color stripes? White was way ahead in the beginning but, the more photos of the car with black stripes I saw, he more I began to lean in that direction.

Obviously, this is a completely subjective thing and everyone will have their favorite color combos but for sure, white on Rapid Red will be HOT! Very much looking forward to photos of her down the road.

Hang in there...

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Why thank you. :) After having the 2016 Deep Impact Blue Cali, I wanted something different, And when I saw the rafter lowering reveal color, I fell in love. But nobody could tell me the color red it was. I dont think Rapid Red was the color it was origianlly revealed in, but, if its not, this is the closest to that color. And as for the stripes, can't have a race car without stripes now :D
The reveal car (lowered from the ceiling) was Red Hot Metallic.
Later they changed the name to Rapid Red.
It is the same color, just a different name.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition

I believe it is the same red. I think it was originally gonna be called Red Hot Metallic. That’s my understanding anyway.:sunglasses:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The reveal car (lowered from the ceiling) was Red Hot Metallic.
Later they changed the name to Rapid Red.
It is the same color, just a different name.
Same color different names, Red Carpet & Lucid Red
Sponsored