Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
I feel that the Mustang car will be killed off sooner than we like and they will just make this Minivan trash. I'm so upset about what is happening with this new car.
Sponsored

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Is it me or am I the only one that came to a realization that this IS the new mustang. V8 muscle car/pony car is done?
Just you. Seriously I get your frustration I really do. But you all need to drink a damned whiskey and relax. This is not the end of the 2 door mustang. Its setting Mustang up to become it's own brand in the future. Get the hell over it. Yes it has always been 2 door. Yes its always been a sports car. Nothing stays the same forever and as long as the 2 door is around,s which is going to be for a god damned long ass time I can guarantee you on that, You have nothing to worry about. So quit your god damned bitchin as nothing will change this and just accept it. Look at the positives that could come out of this rather than the fuckin negatives that you are all seeing. Swear to god seems like I'm the only mature one around here anymore who is thinking rationally about the future of the mustang and the brand. While all of you are just crying and whining because they added something different to the name, and you're just assuming that it automatically means the end of the 2 door.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
It sounds Asian and was designed by Asian.. this thing is not a mustang.. Ford can suck my naturally aspirated" D"

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It's here it's not going away unless it fails and I don't believe that will happen.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
While all of you are just crying and whining because they added something different to the name, and you're just assuming that it automatically means the end of the 2 door.
given Ford's penchant for utter screwups (not to say GM is immune) the skepticism is well deserved. The recent (30 year) practice of 'Professional Managers' running companies and destroying the host, is a repeating theme, unfortunately.

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's here it's not going away unless it fails and I don't believe that will happen.
Considering probably 9 out of 10 mustang mustang owners are not a fan and probably 6 out of 10 mustang owners actually despise it, I’d say it’s destined to fail. Which dear god I hope it does

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just you. Seriously I get your frustration I really do. But you all need to drink a damned whiskey and relax. This is not the end of the 2 door mustang. Its setting Mustang up to become it's own brand in the future. Get the hell over it. Yes it has always been 2 door. Yes its always been a sports car. Nothing stays the same forever and as long as the 2 door is around,s which is going to be for a god damned long ass time I can guarantee you on that, You have nothing to worry about. So quit your god damned bitchin as nothing will change this and just accept it. Look at the positives that could come out of this rather than the fuckin negatives that you are all seeing. Swear to god seems like I'm the only mature one around here anymore who is thinking rationally about the future of the mustang and the brand. While all of you are just crying and whining because they added something different to the name, and you're just assuming that it automatically means the end of the 2 door.
Nah.

Want to go with the future and make an electric mustang? I'm all for it. Want to make a good looking electric CUV? I'm good with it. Those are not the same vehicle.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
But you do realize that the Mustang never has a Mustang nametag on the car itself?
Not really. Lots of Mustangs had Mustang in either script or block letters on the fender or rear deck. It wasn't until the 5th gen they stopped using it other than a few trim packages with Mustang rocker stripes.

I get your point. But whether it's deliberate or not, it conveniently makes it easy to rectify this stupid mistake if they come to their senses.

VinnyVicci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It’s really not that serious. I just posted a question. Take a deep breath. Your so sure of yourself. Ford already announced that they don’t want to build cars anymore. The s550 run is ending in a few years. Whats stopping them from converting the mustang into a cross over? If you look at the Mach-e the whole front isnt covered like on a Tesla. It has partitions that can be removed to have an internal combustion model. And then there is the question as to why would they put the mustang badge on it? I look at this as being a way for them to test the waters of the electric car market and get consumers to get accustomed to seeing a mustang as Cross over suv. I’m taking a logical approach not off “heritage”. The corvette heritage was front engine rear wheel drive. They changed it.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
The challenger hasn’t had a major change in 11 years yet it’s still outselling the mustang but it’s also a pig with no handling.
What are you, a challenger owner? They sold 1200 more over one quarter. Ford has sold 9000 more Mustangs this year.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I took that statement as damage control and nothing more.

If Hackett wants to kill the Mustang, Bill will go along with him.
Why would anyone believe a word that they say on this when they deliberately mislead us by back tracking on using the "Mach 1" name, knowing all along that Mustang enthusiasts would be even more angry at them using the actual Mustang name. They smiled in our faces and stabbed us in the back.

All it will take to kill the Mustang is a bean counter with a spreadsheet and a Power Point presentation with the right numbers on it. Who would have thought that Ford would have eliminated their entire passenger car line?

Honestly, I'm starting to feel like the company is doomed. If they can't compete in passenger cars then there's no reason to think that they can compete long term in SUVs or eventually trucks. It seems like they're feeling it too and this is a desperation move.

Last edited:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I have never seen so much fucking crying over something no one is making you buy . No one here owns the mustang name but ford . If they want to discontinue it they can, they want to rename it they can , and there is nothing anyone here can do .

No one is making you buy it grow up
You're right. We should spend less time, effort, and money caring about Mustangs and Ford is kindly helping us do that.
Sponsored