Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Stage 2 Mustang GT
D35D7D9F-17AC-4C33-BF1D-F647355D45F5.jpeg
I’m running a stage 2 Whipple with E85, catless headers, 1050x’s with a dw400 and BAP. First time to the track with E85 but last pass of the year(busy with work trips -_-) with around 2100 DA, I went 10.08 @ 143.6mph on a 3.875 Pulley. Hoping in the spring I can get in the high 9s. This is with the stock drive shaft too. Ordered a QA1 CF Driveshaft for it so should be able to hit it 100%. Final goals to do to the car is maybe go down to 3.75 Pulley and add a return style fuel system for safety and that’s it. Fast enough for me already lol. Would like to post the video of me going down the track but it’s too long to upload -_-.
Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
It’s crazy to see so many cars at the same et but wildly different mph’s

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
It’s crazy to see so many cars at the same et but wildly different mph’s
Crazy right ?
I am assuming it’s the transmission tuning?
Not really crazy about my current tune but my best ET of 9.7 was only at 140 mph . Fastest trap is 142 mph but without traction so only ran 9.8.
I know my car a PP is heavy (at least 4300 lbs with me and full tank I always run) , different tracks /DA but I am bummed that others have trapped higher than I have with much bigger pulleys than my 3.25 .

it also looks like my 02 sensors have kaput again so going to replace them and then get the car in the dyno to see how much power it’s making .
If it’s down time for a compression test . Already looking at short block options . I would prefer a long block but this shit is getting too expensive !

if the motor is good then it may be time to swap tuners .

Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Stage 2 Mustang GT
Crazy right ?
I am assuming it’s the transmission tuning?
Not really crazy about my current tune but my best ET of 9.7 was only at 140 mph . Fastest trap is 142 mph but without traction so only ran 9.8.
I know my car a PP is heavy (at least 4300 lbs with me and full tank I always run) , different tracks /DA but I am bummed that others have trapped higher than I have with much bigger pulleys than my 3.25 .

it also looks like my 02 sensors have kaput again so going to replace them and then get the car in the dyno to see how much power it’s making .
If it’s down time for a compression test . Already looking at short block options . I would prefer a long block but this shit is getting too expensive !

if the motor is good then it may be time to swap tuners .
I’m tuned by PBD. My car is a basic 10R80.
Learned to upload videos on YouTube so you can watch them here:

Sponsored

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
[

Any update on this situation ?
I sent it back to circle D and they confirmed it was definitely broken. They were real cool and offered to fix it or a refund .
I took the refund as already spent so much $$$ on the install / removal plus a new valve body .

That’s the second on I paid for as I had got a new one when I did the clutches (before the converter install ).
I had to go through Beefcake for the refund since I bought it from. him He did charge me a 10 % re stocking fee (which I I understand since he has to pay fees on the PayPal transactions ).
Overall it was a very costly “experiment “ but I will be sticking with the stock one (thank God I kept it)
If all I can get is low 1.5x so be it .

Not sure why it broke but I suspect it had do with the “second gear leave “ tune .

Last edited:

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
I sent it back to circle D and they confirmed it was definitely broken. They were real cool and offered to fix it or a refund .
I took the refund as already spent so much $$$ on the install / removal plus a new valve body .

That’s the second on I paid for as I had got a new one when I did the clutches (before the converter install ).
I had to go thought Beefcake for the refund since I bought it for him and he charged me a 10 % re stocking fee (which I understand since he has to pay fees on the PayPal transactions ).
Overall it was a very costly “experiment “ but I will be sticking with the stock one (thank God I kept it)
If I all I can get is low 1.5x so be it .

Not sure why it broke but I suspect it had do with the “second gear leave “ tune .
Was driving home tonight from a friends wedding and wrench light came on. P0741 and p1744 Same codes you got. Dont know if it's the converter valve body. But it sucks. Will find out soon what's going on.

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did Circle D offer any insight to why it broke ?

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did Circle D offer any insight to why it broke ?
They never did say. Beefcake suggested it could have been the transmission tuning .
I was just glad to get $1800 back without hassle as they could have blamed the tune and refused .

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was driving home tonight from a friends wedding and wrench light came on. P0741 and p1744 Same codes you got. Dont know if it's the converter valve body. But it sucks. Will find out soon what's going on.
Sorry to hear that man . Does the car still drive normally ? .
When my threw the codes it was obvious something had broken they way it drove .

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Does anyone know if there is a company that makes a built 10r80?

Is the Circle D worth it? Seems like it has issues.

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
I spoke to someone today who said the converter in the f150 is better. Anyone heard of this?
Sponsored