• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Michigan 1990 Taurus SHO - Excellent condition

Doggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Lincoln MKS
Won't find many like this one. This was an Arizona car most of its life. Has never seen a winter. One owner put almost all the miles on it. It's been in Michigan for about 4 years and not been driven much in that time. Only about 60,250 miles on it. Clean inside and out. Trunk full of memorabilia, maintenance records, and some other goodies. Blend door does not work, but a replacement is included. It has an aftermarket radio but the OEM radio is included and works as far as I know. There were only about 60,000 of these made from 89-91 and I can't imagine there are 500 left in this condition.

$7500 firm. Send me a gmail at randy98mtu.
Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 1.11.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 1.12.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 1.12.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 1.14.11 PM.png
IMG_5422.jpeg
IMG_5424.jpeg
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I had a black 91 GL as my first car. I LOVED it and still miss it. Back then a SHO was my dream car. The problem was that when I could finally afford one is really nice shape, it just wasn't viable. It would be a pain to find parts and upkeep and it wouldn't even be quick by modern standards with family cars now having 240 and in some cases 300+HP. I was excited when I heard a new SHO was coming out, but then Ford dropped the 4000+lb pig on us that was more cramped inside than a car that size should be and my dream for a true modern SHO was killed. The closest we really got was the FUSION Sport which I believe SHOULD have been called a SHO. It has more in common with the early version, v6, size was similar, and wasn't the biggest car in the Ford brand, but was the quickest family car. If it had a manual option I'd have bought one, ripped off that Sport logo and put a SHO emblem on it.

OP
OP

Doggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
I don't disagree, though I had a 2012 MKS EcoBoost (same as the SHO) and I loved it. Using a phone app I got 0-60 in 5.1 in that pig. It was a fun car! But yes, modern cars make you chuckle that in 1989 when the SHO came out, it was the fastest, most powerful FWD sedan you could buy. This was a dream car for me to have - my dad had an 89 that we put 240k on. I owned a couple more, he owned a couple more. I wanted to keep this one long term, but I don't have a place for it and I'm just not seeing a reason to keep it. My wife has had numerous health issues this summer and so I'm just trying to unload a few luxury things we don't need - my SHO and my Mustang unfortunately top the list.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Very nice car.

OP
OP

Doggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Wow, that one looks clean! Not sure how many are left these days. I purchased a brand new 1989, 1991 and 1993atx. Also owned 1991 and 1995 which I purchased in 1998. Sold my 1995mtx last year after owning it for 20 years.

These were fast cars for their time. The 1989 was the fastest American four door when released, only beat slightly by the bmw m5, which was twice the price. Its still a half decent running car even by today's standards.

There is a guy on youtube right now making 800-900 whp with his SHO.

OP
OP

Doggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Bump.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Super clean, GLWS! Those Yamaha intake runners are still one of the best looking under hood scenes out there.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
That brings back memories. Car looks very clean. I had an 89 SHO delivered to me when stationed in Europe. Very fast car for its day. I would regularly run the autobahn at 120+. The Motor was a piece of art.
Sponsored