Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

regular6g

Threads
Reaction score
Yea you mean that half hearted comment that they quickly moved away from? A better and more genuine commitment would have been to announce plans for a true Mustang EV and a launch year for that vehicle...[/QUOTE

You need to look up 86 SVO and see the "Death of the V8". worries people had. People were so disappointed and angry. 34 years later, I've got a V8 in my 18 mustang. Things do change no doubt, but so far so good!
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The challenger hasn’t had a major change in 11 years yet it’s still outselling the mustang but it’s also a pig with no handling.
that doesn't seem fair. Have you driven the handling pack with the electronic Bilstein suspension? True, it would not be my first choice for the track, and it's no SS+1LE but it's not horrible. Big car, definitely.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Why can’t this just be a bad dream.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
. You need to look up 86 SVO and see the "Death of the V8". worries people had. People were so disappointed and angry. 34 years later, I've got a V8 in my 18 mustang. Things do change no doubt, but so far so good!
I'd be more fine with that though. At least the SVO made V8 power and handled better and still kept a manual. Hell if they made a 2.3 EcoBoost or even 2.7 with 460+ I'd definitely entertain the idea.

Sponsored

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
Who else is confused by the Mustang Mach E? Is this the end of the Mustang that we have known and loved for 55 years? Why steal the Mustang name for an electric SUV? I know the future is headed for EV and I’ll probably buy one in the next 5 years but keep the Mustang a Mustang. A fun, affordable, 2 Door Sports Coupe that looks like a Mustang. A Mustang is not an SUV and never will be. I think this is a poor marketing attempt to try to boost sales by using the familiar Mustang name. I wish Ford luck with their strategy but I’m sure this won’t sell 1 million in the first 18 months like the original mustang that America fell in love with. You better go get your internal combustion engine Mustang now that makes the noise we all love, because I think the end is very near for you to buy the Mustang as we known it for the last 55 years.

regular6g

Threads
Reaction score
I will be covering the Pony on the Mach E though. Probably put a blue oval over it.
Being a Mustang Owner for decades, I'm not comfortable telling people it's a Mustang. I'm just going to call it Mach E.
BTW, go see Ford vs Ferrari, it was awesome!

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
If they wanted to make an electric car how about if they made something like this only actually affordable? I wouldn’t care what the hell they call it.

upload_2019-11-17_23-13-2.jpeg

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Honestly, Taurus would have been a better name. Least it was associated with family cars. Taurus, Taurus California, Taurus GT, it would have worked fine.

Heck they already tried before with the Taurus X.

Sponsored

regular6g

Threads
Reaction score
If they wanted to make an electric car how about if they made something like this only actually affordable? I wouldn’t care what the hell they call it.

upload_2019-11-17_23-13-2.jpeg
Unfortunately Lithium Batteries in that quantity aren't there yet price wise. King of like LED light Bulbs 5 to 6 years ago. Six and seven hundreds times more expensive than today. Technology will bring the electrical storage costs down but ICE is going to around a long time.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
that doesn't seem fair. Have you driven the handling pack with the electronic Bilstein suspension? True, it would not be my first choice for the track, and it's no SS+1LE but it's not horrible. Big car, definitely.
well yeah I mean it’s going to be better than your average car it’s a performance vehicle. But it’s no mustang/Camaro/corvette etc.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Loved Bill Ford assuring us there will always be a Traditional Mustang Sports Car.
I took that statement as damage control and nothing more.

If Hackett wants to kill the Mustang, Bill will go along with him.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
The thing is FUGLY. Signed the petition. Depending on how this roles out my next car will be the C8. The mustang is becoming a try to hard gimmicky icon now.
Sponsored