Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Ladies and gentleman it has been years in the making and the time is finally here. Without any further delay and with great pride I introduce to you the all new Ford Donkey.
Sponsored

VinnyVicci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is it me or am I the only one that came to a realization that this IS the new mustang. V8 muscle car/pony car is done?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I hope everyone is clicking on and reading all of the little exclamation points throughout that “reservation” page... before ME fanboys start plunking down their cashola... a LOT of the quoted figures are based on additional accessories needed to reach those advertised specs on top of paying for the ME....

Burnin' Rubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic
All this BS about the "future" is getting me nervous.... Is the mustang going to be 4 door SUVs from now on? And that half hearted comment about always making the 2 door car doesn't count....
I got the same impression. They say they will still make the coupe but for how long? The reality is that coupe buyers are in the minority. Worst case would be if the Mach E outsells the coupe and they decide it makes business sense to discontinue the coupe. It may not happen because the Mach E may not be priced low enough to entice most buyers. Time will tell how well the Mach E will catch on. It is an attractive vehicle but again I have to emphasize it does not fit the definition of what the buying public considers a Mustang to be. Until the cost becomes more in line with average vehicles it may just be an initial short-lived experiment as Ford's first all-electric vehicle.

Sponsored

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
Who else is confused by the Mustang Mach E? Is this the end of the Mustang that we have known and loved for 55 years? Why steal the Mustang name for an electric SUV? I know the future is headed for EV and I’ll probably buy one in the next 5 years but keep the Mustang a Mustang. A fun, affordable, 2 Door Sports Coupe that looks like a Mustang. A Mustang is not an SUV and never will be. I think this is a poor marketing attempt to try to boost sales by using the familiar Mustang name. I wish Ford luck with their strategy but I’m sure this won’t sell 1 million in the first 18 months like the original mustang that America fell in love with. You better go get your internal combustion engine Mustang now that makes the noise we all love, because I think the end is very near for you to buy the Mustang as we known it for the last 55 years.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Didn’t catch that. This car is literally a ripoff of other cars.
yeah they renamed it California something and it’s one of the trims literal ripoff of the mustang. At this point if they don’t ripoff either the mustang or the f-series I doubt they can sell any cars.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I hope everyone is clicking on and reading all of the little exclamation points throughout that “reservation” page... before ME fanboys start plunking down their cashola... a LOT of the quoted figures are based on additional accessories needed to reach those advertised specs on top of paying for the ME....
God yes I was just about to say the same. Man there is a lot of asterixis and the words maybe potentially and if... in order to get their numbers you have to drive on a flat surface at 25 miles and hour while paying 75k with all options... and my fav is you may potentially save money by charging at more.... may potentially...lol

Basically they dont even give numbers and disclaimer that with epa needs to give the final numbers? epa has say on an electric car range? its like they have no clue what their own car does

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Is it me or am I the only one that came to a realization that this IS the new mustang. V8 muscle car/pony car is done?
I thought the same once they got the GT badge on it.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
yeah they renamed it California something and it’s one of the trims literal ripoff of the mustang. At this point if they don’t ripoff either the mustang or the f-series I doubt they can sell any cars.
There you go. Introducing the new Mustang F150!

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Wait.. whut?!?!?

You won’t need to pay or sign up for multiple charge networks. Ford gives you two years of complimentary access to the FordPass™ Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-drive charging.
  • Pay to charge your vehicle within the network using FordPass
Dear God.... Do they really intend to charge people a subscription fee to use their "fordpass" charging network to... Wait for it.... PAY for charging???

Basically the fordpass network partners with charging station companies such as Electrify America and EVGo, etc... To provide a "seamless" way to charge without having to sign up for each individual company and pay with a credit card at the station (the payment is charged to your fordpass account)

So if that statement is true, you will have to pay Ford a subscription fee after those "two years complementary service" to have access to Fordpass to be able to pay per use for charging.......

Btw this is something Tesla's superchargers do FOR FREE.....

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Well only car I see in my future is the Corvette C8 unless ford gets its act together. With this I see either the real mustang going twin turbo v6 or electric so I’m out for that. The camaro is on its way out. The challenger hasn’t had a major change in 11 years yet it’s still outselling the mustang but it’s also a pig with no handling.

guess the corvette C8 is the best option now to get into a V8 sports car.
Sponsored