Sponsored

Clutch Pedal Stuck Down

Shobaki350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Last night it was about 40 degrees and I took the car out. The car was completely cold. I put it into first gear and roll off. When I came to a light, I put it in neutral and held the brake pedal. I noticed that the clutch was stuck to the floor. I was able to pull it back up manually with my foot. I tried pushing it back and going into gear a couple of times and the same issue happening. I was able to get it into first gear and went to a safe spot. I restarted the car and let it warm up for 15 minutes. Then I drove around and it was just fine like nothing ever happened. No weird smells or noises when this was happening. I have the steeda spring installed does that have anything to do with it? It's been fine for a whole year since I bought it (spring was installed 9 months ago). I already know that if I send it to the local dealer they won't be able to do anything if they cant replicate the problem. I feel like is a big safety issue and it's putting me off of driving the car. Anyone else experience the same issue? 2018 GT350
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
imo. spring has nothing to do with it, slave cylinder has a leak.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
My '19 just had a leaky slave, check brake fuid levels and check for drips on the floor under the bell housing....

My '14 gt did this before too, but that was a crappy oem clutch issue that only happened at high rpms.... so my guess is leaky slave too.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
check asap and keep checking... the loss of brake fluid is more of a safety issue than the slave....

OP
OP

Shobaki350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
check asap and keep checking... the loss of brake fluid is more of a safety issue than the slave....
I checked it last night when it was happening and it was perfectly at full. No drips on the floor. Will recheck today.

Sponsored

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Does is drop to floor without input? I had a pin fall out of my old SS clutch pedal which caused the same behavior. Just replaced the pin and went on about my day. Not at home and haven't actually checked to see if that is even possible on our cars but thought I'd throw it out there.

OP
OP

Shobaki350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Does is drop to floor without input? I had a pin fall out of my old SS clutch pedal which caused the same behavior. Just replaced the pin and went on about my day. Not at home and haven't actually checked to see if that is even possible on our cars but thought I'd throw it out there.
No it doesn't drop without input. I have to physically step on it and it would get stuck to the bottom.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Try bleeding the system and see if that helps.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
steeda spring made my pedal stick to the floor when I would shift causing me to look/sound like I was missing shifts so I got rid of it. I put the o.e.m one in and problem gone

OP
OP

Shobaki350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
steeda spring made my pedal stick to the floor when I would shift causing me to look/sound like I was missing shifts so I got rid of it. I put the o.e.m one in and problem gone
It sucks because I got really used to the Steeda spring. I'll be switching back to the stock spring.

Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
After a bit I was used to the feel of the oem spring but it is still worlds better than my foxbody and the TR3550

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda clutch spring, only 20k miles, but not a single bad shift and no issues you're experiencing. message Steeda and ask what they think

think about this, people don't even have springs in it and havnt had the issue you're experiencing, the guy above did say oem fixed it, but why would no spring not have it vs a spring?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The line on your bake cylinder going to the clutch is almost off. I had this happen too. Look at the rubber line on the cylinder and push it back on all the way. Use a zip tie to hold it so I will not try to come off again.
^^ Definitely check that.

OP
OP

Shobaki350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
The line on your bake cylinder going to the clutch is almost off. I had this happen too. Look at the rubber line on the cylinder and push it back on all the way. Use a zip tie to hold it so I will not try to come off again.
Are you able to upload a picture of this line?
Sponsored