Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Another observation...

I PRESUME the Shadow Black car with the Christmas Wheels is actually a CFTP vehicle? Would you agree, Earl?

If so, do you believe these two cars that obviously have not gone to the Mod Shop yet, are getting Penske stripes before the Mod Shop?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Earl: We both had the same thought and no doubt that was because the first thing you probably noticed, like me, were the Christmas wheels.

But wouldn't that make this car unusual, i.e., don't the wheels/tires get swapped at the Mod Shop? If so, at least this car is out of sync IF that truck is going to Penske.

By contrast, the Rapid Red car in the front has the CF wheels but no stripes.

So, I'm confused.
Someone at the plant may have decided not to change the wheels because of the cold weather. Penske is about 41 miles from FRAP.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Another observation...

I PRESUME the Shadow Black car with the Christmas Wheels is actually a CFTP vehicle? Would you agree, Earl?

If so, do you believe these two cars that obviously have not gone to the Mod Shop yet, are getting Penske stripes before the Mod Shop?
I have only located 1 Black Base car with painted stripes, but it is on the Trim Line. There may be other ones that I have not discovered, I have not tried to break down to that level on the Factory ordered cars, I know which ones are Base and CFTP cars but didn't try to find out about the painted stripes.There are quite a few Black CFTP cars, so it is probably one of those cars. I don't have an explanation for the trunk lid on the Black car, but according to Tom, the same thing happened on one of his GT350R's.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Why would you send a base car to Penske?
Tom: I'm pretty sure there are folks who got a golden ticket and didn't want the Snack Pack but they did want painted stripes. That's the only thing I can think of that would put that vehicle on the trailer to Penske.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
The white car had a swing and base wheels, none of the theories so far are making sense. Why would you send a base car to Penske? Anyway, now that we know the author, I can un-redact some more info. Some stuff in there is not for public consumption, so I'll give you as much as I can. There are things I am aware of that I couldn't even tell Leo. Again, I wish all this cloak and dagger crap would end.
In post #1822 I posted 2 Window Stickers of White Base cars with painted stripes and I have 7 more in different colors. So the cars do exist.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
In post #1822 I posted 2 Window Stickers of White Base cars with painted stripes and I have 7 more in different colors. So the cars do exist.
Again, your diligence is exceptional. You are one of the reasons we are where we are today. My point was that you have a CFTP, a white base with a swing and base wheels, and a black one on factory rollers all sharing the same trailer. I just don't buy the Penske theory.

Your fact checking and knowledge is amazing (sincerely).

Edited to add: I took a closer look at the stickers. Hmm. Why are they shipping cars in varying levels of production to Penske if that is the case?

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I was writing a PM to @Jmeo earlier and telling him about the updated WS. When I finished, my geezer brain thought it was a thread post, not a PM...DUH! Anyway, as I told Jaime, the only thing I noticed that changed on the sticker was the "Special Order" field.

It's more than likely completely unimportant but I'm wondering if Earl or anyone else has the decryption algorithm for these codes.

special-order-boxes.png

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Again, your diligence is exceptional. You are one of the reasons we are where we are today. My point was that you have a CFTP, a white base with a swing and base wheels, and a black one on factory rollers all sharing the same trailer. I just don't buy the Penske theory.

Is there a so called golden ticket out there that didn't opt for the CFTP, but instead opted for the painted on stripes?

Your fact checking and knowledge is amazing (sincerely).
Yes, a golden ticket gives you the ability to get the following,
Carbon fiber track pack car with painted stripes.
Carbon fiber track pack car with no stripes or vinyl stripes.
Base car with painted stripes.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, a golden ticket gives you the ability to get the following,
Carbon fiber track pack car with painted stripes.
Carbon fiber track pack car with no stripes or vinyl stripes.
Base car with painted stripes.
Yes, I know all that, lol

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I was all in on the painted stripes on my base....... just couldn't get it because of no special allocation.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I was writing a PM to @Jmeo earlier and telling him about the updated WS. When I finished, my geezer brain thought it was a thread post, not a PM...DUH! Anyway, as I told Jaime, the only thing I noticed that changed on the sticker was the "Special Order" field.

It's more than likely completely unimportant but I'm wondering if Earl or anyone else has the decryption algorithm for these codes.

special-order-boxes.png
Your line looks a lot like mine now I can’t decrypt it either but your new one aligns with mine
337791AC-9C04-40F5-9964-89E324B190FE.png

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
..just couldn't get it because of no special allocation.
And therein lies the biggest negative of the Golden Ticket concept, Jaime and I'm ever so sorry you couldn't get the painted version.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Is it possible that only the black car is headed to Penske and the other two are being delivered (not getting any stripes)?
They have the right wings and wheels for a base(white) and a cftp(red) car.
Sponsored