Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Alright I'm going to say this... and I know for a fact it will stir the hornets nest but I am and have always been a diehard Mustang fan. However you all forget this isn't the first time ford has ventured outside of the 2 door fastback/notchback. They originally had concepts of 3 different Mustang Wagons back in the 60s and the main reason those concepts got shelved was because of the Intermeccanica Mustang. Once Ford caught wind of it they shelved the idea. I however have always enjoyed the thought of the Mustang expanding beyond the 2 door if done right and I feel this does the trick perfectly. Especially after seeing the new leaks. Also this move would make sense with the rumors that I have heard for mustang to become it's own brand in the future.

Think about it. IF that's the case... this would be the perfect vehicle to offset the EPA emissions regulations that are required to be met, AND would give the beloved V8 a better likelihood of living on in the future. Stop looking at it as a death to the mustang and look at it as a way for the Mustang to survive in the long run. This could be the one thing the Mustang needs in order to keep the Mustang 2 door v8 that we all love around for years to come.

Could I be wrong on this? You're damn right I could, however I have hope in this. Besides, it doesn't look that bad and if it performs and sells well, Thats more money they could put towards developing future High Performance models of the Mustang. Look at the potential benefits rather than the negatives.
Yes, this car will help Ford meet EPA targets and may help keep the V8 (real) Mustang around longer. BUT.....that car still be achieved by calling this something other than Mustang. Call it E-Max......as this was originally developed as a C-Max replacement.

It looks quite nice, but I'd never buy one whilst its badged as a Mustang.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
But you do realize that the Mustang never has a Mustang nametag on the car itself?
The sill plates do.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
People need to watch a Faster Horse to understand what Mustang means to many of us.
THIS!

I wonder if Jim Hackett has watched it. There are scenes in there that give me goosebumps, knowing Ford had such passionate people in charge of Mustang. I don't doubt many of those are still in Team Mustang but I suspect they were over ruled when it came to the branding of Mach E. Could you imagine an extra chapter in that documentary where they introduce Mach E? It's completely at odds with what's gone before.

How things can do a 180 in just 5 years is incredible and makes me feel sick :brokenheart:

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I mean I'm annoyed by it but coyote...

Names and brands mean something but ultimately I buy the car based on how it makes me feel when I drive it not what the badge says. In fact the badges come off on my car...

As long as the mustang has a V8 and a 6speed manual ford will have a buyer.

When that ends I'll buy any S197 or s550 available until it gets illegal to drive V8s

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
But you do realize that the Mustang never has a Mustang nametag on the car itself?
Currently, true. Foxbody - 04 Mustangs had it stamped into the rear bumper.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Mustang Mach E.... when you always dreamed of driving a cellphone....

2021-mustang-mach-e-70712404_456212685021925_6544295180165412306_n-jpg.jpg

It looks soooo photoshopped, but that is real..! Such a cheap and childish interior takes away from something that could be so special... now it's a joke.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Mustang Mach E.... when you always dreamed of driving a cellphone....

2021-mustang-mach-e-70712404_456212685021925_6544295180165412306_n-jpg.jpg

It looks soooo photoshopped, but that is real..! Such a cheap and childish interior takes away from something that could be so special... now it's a joke.
Its because its the first "mustang" not designed by car guys but the bean counters amd marketing department...

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Makes you wonder if the Mach E is a Ford brand.....

It being made in Mexico, perhaps Mustang means Mexico now and this is a new division of Ford, like Lincoln and once Mercury...

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I voted "slightly less likely" but I don't mean because I'd buy an E, I mean because I'd be less likely to buy Ford at all.

Between this and them killing their cars Ford has gone from my favorite brand and one I'd buy with no question, to one that I don't feel I'll be buying again when it's time for a new vehicle.
Its all the brands though... Like no one is making great cars anymore their all trying to sell cars to soccer moms in the Midwest or something...

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Its because its the first "mustang" not designed by car guys but the bean counters amd marketing department...
Design are artists... I understand that $50 touchscreen panel, for everything... but that doesn't do anything to sell the car, only profit from it. Ford took the path of least resistance and designed a car for people who can not yet afford it... hoping in 5 years, they will be mass consumers old enough for this, because these youngsters have been dreaming about driving a cellphone...!

Ford nocked it out of the park for the 30 Something crowd...

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Yes, this car will help Ford meet EPA targets and may help keep the V8 (real) Mustang around longer. BUT.....that car still be achieved by calling this something other than Mustang. Call it E-Max......as this was originally developed as a C-Max replacement.

Not saying you have to buy one but think about it... We have all heard the rumor that Mustang could become its own brand. If that is the case then this car makes sense. It starts off as a Ford product but then IF and WHEN Mustang does become it's own.... this could potentially help with it... Unless I'm just stupid and that's not how the EPA considers it, hell I don't know maybe I'm overthinking things. Either way, this is the future.... may as well accept it. Besides at least your Mach 1 is coming in '21

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Not saying you have to buy one but think about it... We have all heard the rumor that Mustang could become its own brand. If that is the case then this car makes sense. It starts off as a Ford product but then IF and WHEN Mustang does become it's own.... this could potentially help with it... Unless I'm just stupid and that's not how the EPA considers it, hell I don't know maybe I'm overthinking things. Either way, this is the future.... may as well accept it. Besides at least your Mach 1 is coming in '21
You are not stupid, but that is not how the EPA considers it. It is by parent company, not brand. Mini helps BMW meet EPA requirements. Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche all factor in together.

The bold part....did you really just say that? :fingerscrossed:

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

True, that this is the vehicle to make the total company emissions lower to offset the GT500. The F150-E is coming as are vans and SUV's. It is the government saving the planet from humans.
Sponsored