Any nj guys in here ?

Jobsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350
I just picked up a used 18 lfg gt350 (love it)
So I brought it to my local dealership yesterday to get the oil changed ( wanted it documented in case any warranty issues )and get it ready to put away for the winter.
So today I pulled it out of my garage to clean it and there was about 1/2 quart of oil on the floor. I did not have time to jack it up and inspect it only checked the dipstick.
So now tomorrow I will be towing the car to the dealership to have the issue resolved.
Major pain in the ass just for a oil change .

anyway my question is are there any good trustworthy dealerships in nj that work on these cars ?
I will not be returning to this dealership if they can’t even do a oil change.
I’m in central nj but will travel
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobsi

Jobsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350
Yes I used to use them Back in the day. Same here not sure how they are now

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
I have given up on “good” Ford dealerships for service. NJ Dealer where I bought my car messed it up when they did the oil cooler lines recall and this week another NJ dealer messed it up again by braking a bolt when fixing a AC compressor. The problem is that for recalls or warranty work you are forced to go to a Ford dealer.

I am extremely happy with Redline Speed Worx on R-22 Green Brook NJ. They do all my non warranty service / mod works and I have no complaints so far. Maybe a little pricier but with that comes service

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobsi

Jobsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350
I totally agree with giving up on finding a good dealership . I brought my car back today to the dealership and the tech ended up spilling the oil filter all in the plastic cover and that’s what caused the puddle in my garage. Never said anything to anyone didn’t clean it up what a joke. So today they spent the time to clean it up with me supervising it. 2 hrs of my sat I will not get back

Mike173

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco, dodge ram, jeep wrangler, Mustang GT350
Hey - I live in central Jersey also. I was just having this conversation with my wife about finding a reputable place to do work, outside of Warranty work. Some place that won't either lean on the car while having a cig break, or just do a half a$$ job in general. Looking forward to see any other recommendations!

OP
OP
Jobsi

Jobsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350
It’s not like where asking for much. Just quality work and service apparently something that is hard to find now a days
Where do you live in central nj?
I am in Sayreville

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
My dealer is all american ford in paramus but they are fairly incompetent.

Sponsored

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Central nj part-time - I had AC work done at Flemington Ford.
I am in Hillsborough. I wasn’t going to quote the dealer where my car is currently being repaired for a AC compressor fix and where they broke a bolt but what the heck, it is that dealer. Now they need to drop the subframe to get the bolt out. There is another tread here on the forum of a similar situation where Ford said to replace with a new engine as they would not approve an insert after the bolt was drilled out !!

This is the third time my car is in with AC compressor issues in less than 13 months.

I have to say I had a very good feeling about the techs at that dealership so far. I hope I can say the same after this whole ordeal is over.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I am in Hillsborough. I wasn’t going to quote the dealer where my car is currently being repaired for a AC compressor fix and where they broke a bolt but what the heck, it is that dealer. Now they need to drop the subframe to get the bolt out. There is another tread here on the forum of a similar situation where Ford said to replace with a new engine as they would not approve an insert after the bolt was drilled out !!

This is the third time my car is in with AC compressor issues in less than 13 months.

I have to say I had a very good feeling about the techs at that dealership so far. I hope I can say the same after this whole ordeal is over.
I'm in Montgomery, well for another few weeks then moving to Flemington. That was my only experience there, they fixed my issue without problems and it's been fine since. Had the motor replaced for oil consumption in Florida, where my car is right now.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Former exit 98 guy here. Flew out of McGuire for many years. I miss the Pizza
Sponsored