Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
There are only a few things that I know for sure. One of those things is that I will never own one of those OMG Ugly things
Sponsored

Last edited:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
because “car oriented” forums are usually enthusiasts. The market for this is someone like my parents. The ones that buy SUV’s and CUV’s that get better fuel mileage then his 18 RAM Limited daily or to replace his commuter car the 19 Optima Hybrid. Replace my moms 18 Santa Fe. That’s who they market to. Neither are on a forum, but both would love a SUV/CUV that could do 250+ miles and could be charged using their solar but in the price of their Optima.
They don't care about cars. They don't care about Mustangs. So how does putting Mustang on this thing help attract this market?

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Why is it a big deal? The past vehicles are heritage by definition, this is the future. Just because it gets a name that shared with an older vehicle doesn't take away from the old or add to the present. Its just a name. I am 29 for those talking about age.
If this were true then there would be no reason to put the name on this vehicle. Names are important. They're part of how we relate to things.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ford is officially advertising the car as the Mustang Mach E...
Screenshot_20191116-142748_Firefox.jpg
"The Mustang family." Maybe we get a pickup truck next.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How many different names does this thing have???

Now we see a “MACH-E 4 X”....

wtf...

and I sure the hell hope they didn’t bring back the rarest Mustang color, Emberglo, to use on that thing as its debut...

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
"The Mustang family." Maybe we get a pickup truck next.
More likely a 4 door and 2 door coupe based off of the Mach E platform and the S550 remaining as the hybrid/Shelby models.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
People need to watch a Faster Horse to understand what Mustang means to many of us.
Everybody needs to watch A Faster Horse. I enjoyed it so much that I bought it on blu ray.

I was a Mustang fan before I watched it, but it gave me an even greater appreciation for the Mustang and the people behind it.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
We have a 2017 Honda Pilot and see 26-28mpg regularly on the hwy with its 290hp V6
heh I get better than that (30.8) from my 6.2L v8 Camaro. Admittedly it's at steady state using cruise control...

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Is this nightmare over yet ? I’m patiently waiting for this extremely early April fools joke to be over
I think our best hope is that this is a marketing stunt to gain Tesla style buzz over this launch and pre-order. While they're calling it a "Mustang Mach E" so far the images show only the pony and no actual "Mustang" logo text on the vehicle. Once they gauge the response and gain brand recognition for "Mach E" they could simply drop the "Mustang" and replace the pony with a Ford oval. Or not.

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Alright I'm going to say this... and I know for a fact it will stir the hornets nest but I am and have always been a diehard Mustang fan. However you all forget this isn't the first time ford has ventured outside of the 2 door fastback/notchback. They originally had concepts of 3 different Mustang Wagons back in the 60s and the main reason those concepts got shelved was because of the Intermeccanica Mustang. Once Ford caught wind of it they shelved the idea. I however have always enjoyed the thought of the Mustang expanding beyond the 2 door if done right and I feel this does the trick perfectly. Especially after seeing the new leaks. Also this move would make sense with the rumors that I have heard for mustang to become it's own brand in the future.

Think about it. IF that's the case... this would be the perfect vehicle to offset the EPA emissions regulations that are required to be met, AND would give the beloved V8 a better likelihood of living on in the future. Stop looking at it as a death to the mustang and look at it as a way for the Mustang to survive in the long run. This could be the one thing the Mustang needs in order to keep the Mustang 2 door v8 that we all love around for years to come.

Could I be wrong on this? You're damn right I could, however I have hope in this. Besides, it doesn't look that bad and if it performs and sells well, Thats more money they could put towards developing future High Performance models of the Mustang. Look at the potential benefits rather than the negatives.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I think our best hope is that this is a marketing stunt to gain Tesla style buzz over this launch and pre-order. While they're calling it a "Mustang Mach E" so far the images show only the pony and no actual "Mustang" logo text on the vehicle. Once they gauge the response and gain brand recognition for "Mach E" they could simply drop the "Mustang" and replace the pony with a Ford oval. Or not.
But you do realize that the Mustang never has a Mustang nametag on the car itself?
Sponsored