Sponsored

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
I did the OEM fron conversion to GT350 from GT PP2 '19 --prompted by a misfortune.

When I came looking for info here about this, took me a while to uncover family members who had done it:
Feel free to share more links if you know of them, so that we collect here for our benefit.

I ordered most of the parts from Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake, Akins Ford did the labor.
Total parts + tax came to about $10-11K, before core refunds.
The only 2 snags as reported to me where: 1) wiring harness, and 2) passenger side cooling brake ducts, as a reservoir is directly in the way. Both were easily resolved.

Will post all pictures shortly.

BTW, I will be selling GT OEM front parts that are in pristine condition, and the Cup 2 OEM 305R19 tires (15 miles on them).

OEM GT350 front lights and wiring harness installed and in working order:

View media item 16171View media item 16170View media item 16193View media item 16194View media item 16192View media item 16200View media item 16199View media item 16201View media item 16202
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Lightning Blue
I did the OEM front end conversion to GT350 from GT PP2 '19 --prompted by a misfortune.

When I came looking for info here about this, took me a while to uncover family members who had done it:

Feel free to share more links if you know of them, so that we can collect here for our benefit.

I ordered most of the parts from Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake, Akins Ford did the labor.
Total parts + tax came to about $10-11K, before core refunds.
The only 2 snags as reported to me where: 1) wiring harness, and 2) passenger side cooling brake ducts, as a reservoir is directly in the way. Both were easily resolved.

Will post all pictures shortly.

I will be selling all GT OEM front parts that are in pristine condition, and the PS Cup 2 OEM 305R19 tires (15 miles on them).

OEM GT350 front lights and wiring harness installed and in working order:

View media item 16171View media item 16170
I am interested in the chin spoiler....

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Hey Oscar.. how did this turn out? I have the same car same color. Please post up some updated photos.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Hey Oscar.. how did this turn out? I have the same car same color. Please post up some updated photos.
My apologies for the radio silence, I was traveling back home then sick for several weeks... still recovering, but functional now. It must have been a really nuclear cold virus or undetected Corona...

It turned out really well, I have no words to tell you how great the guys at Akins Ford are. I will post more pictures later, with names and contact info; here you have some I took while parked at work for now. I hope you like!
20200222_110838.jpg
20200222_110846.jpg
20200222_110901.jpg
20200222_110909.jpg

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
That looks awesome. I am glad it worked out even better with the 350 front end. In May I am considering the blower option as well but I had Lebanon Ford in mind but I see your great review of Akins which might be a little closer for me to drive to them a few fly back home.

Anything you would do different? Any dyno numbers or quarter mile numbers you can share?

Finally any more mods planned? Interior or Exterior?

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
That looks awesome. I am glad it worked out even better with the 350 front end. In May I am considering the blower option as well but I had Lebanon Ford in mind but I see your great review of Akins which might be a little closer for me to drive to them a few fly back home.

Anything you would do different? Any dyno numbers or quarter mile numbers you can share?

Finally any more mods planned? Interior or Exterior?

Thank you, Tim. I am glad, too, it worked out well in the end.

Lebanon is the default go-to place for forced induction upgrades, whether buying the car from them or bringing in yours; they were incredibly prompt, courteous, and aggressively priced when I quoted them. I was about to pull the trigger with Lebanon when I discovered Akins by accident, and chose to take the gamble (Akins had no mentions nor reviews on these matters anywhere online), because of distance.

In retrospective:

1) Get all major mechanical mods you want outlined first, and do them at once, to keep labor at minimum. You will save plenty. Oil pump gears and crank sprocket upgrades are a must if going FI; Akins was repairing a Roush Mustang Stage 3 with damaged engine due to oil pump gears failure when my car was being worked on.

2) As much as I love the GT350 OEM front-end, I would have not and would not do this conversion if it weren’t for an accident similar to the one caused by Wade Ford. I would instead invest the money in a Tremec XL Magnum + MGW shifter + CF driveshaft upgrade —I have a manual. Irrespective of personal preference on the MT-82, the Tremec is rated for > twice the torque.

I did the Phase 1 to Phase 2 upgrade when they were fixing the front end.
When I was Phase 1, I was getting 610 RWHP, 605 lb-ft on 93 pump gas, hot Atlanta summer at noon time.
I have not dyno-ed the car at Phase 2, will share when I do. It feels stronger, I am probably at 660 RWHP.

Only mod I really want (and wanted since day 1) is the Tremec Magnum XL... and a few cosmetic interior bits... red start button, etc.

Hope this helps with your decision. Feel free to ping me directly if you need more info.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Spot on! Thanks for the input and advice.

Oil pump gears and crank sprocket upgrades are must. I will definitely pm you.

I got a HellCat owner in my neighborhood who I owe a beat down! :punch:

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Spot on! Thanks for the input and advice.

Oil pump gears and crank sprocket upgrades are must. I will definitely pm you.

I got a HellCat owner in my neighborhood who I owe a beat down! :punch:
Your PP2 already beats him in the twisties; superior handling... if you go with the Roush (or any other supercharger route), you will love the linearity... it’s a beast with a stock feel...

Last edited:

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
That's really cool.

You gonna keep those shelby badges?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
That's really cool.

You gonna keep those shelby badges?

Thank you.

No, I don’t like emblems, but I am still trying to figure out how to deal with the holes.

Akins shared their experience with epoxy and soldering, as I had asked them to leave the car debadged and cover the wholes on the side panels. If using OEM ones, best way is to get a custom or 3D printed emblems with the same insertion points as the GT350 one, they said. I will probably do this and put “GT SEXY” or something funny like that.

The front grille is easier to deal with, as the holes are plastic.
They recommended trying out the like of:
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-43531A/mustang-ecoboost-boosted-decklid-emblem-red-black-15-18

The front lip doesn’t bother me, it doesn’t stand out much.

Last edited:

jrodrigo621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2020 shelby gt500 2016 green 5.0
Nice job!

I have a question regarding headlights wiring; did you had to change the bmc module? where some coding involve on it to function propperly?

Im asking this because i just bought a 16 salvage 5.0 (and obviously, the damage is in the front end) so, im thinking about going with the facelift conversion but people told me about the LED & BCM issue (i already have the harness from a 18 mustang).

With the issue in mind, im hesitating about going that route.

Thanks!

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Thank you.

No, I don’t like emblems, but I am still trying to figure out how to deal with the holes.

Akins shared their experience with epoxy and soldering, as I had asked them to leave the car debadged and cover the wholes on the side panels. If using OEM ones, best way is to get a custom or 3D printed emblems with the same insertion points as the GT350 one, they said. I will probably do this and put “GT SEXY” or something funny like that.

The front grille is easier to deal with, as the holes are plastic.
They recommended trying out the like of:
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-43531A/mustang-ecoboost-boosted-decklid-emblem-red-black-15-18

The front lip doesn’t bother me, it doesn’t stand out much.

The only positive thing about this whole badging is the boosted folks on certain brands so assured mine is a GT350 and actively coming after it... very rewarding to see their faces when I am passing them without effort :)
Fang where are you located? Akins in winder GA do the work?

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Fang where are you located? Akins in winder GA do the work?
North Atlanta. Yes. Eric (body shop) and Cade (Roush). Incredible folks.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
North Atlanta. Yes. Eric (body shop) and Cade (Roush). Incredible folks.
I’ve known the owner for years. Very nice people.
Sponsored