Sponsored

Help! Buying a PP2

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That price seems way way too high... You can get a used low miles GT350 for 50.00 more per month... At 48k-53.

It seems like they inflated that price a lot cause the base price shouldnt be 50k... Thats what Roush cars down here sell for. I dunno man I'd advice to look at other dealerships. Theres no rush man.

That said if you like the car fuck it buy it, its just money who cares... At the end of the day your happiness is all that matters. If i had any sense I would have waited a year and bought my car for 10k less ... I didn't wait...now 3 years later I'd do it all over again...
Loaded PP2's can cost 50k plus, mine did. Even a PP1 with MR will cost you 50k loaded. The OTD price is a different story. Also, not sure I would want to buy a used GT350. Would rather get it new....same for any Mustang for that matter.
Sponsored

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
Stop. Let’s think this one through....

why don’t you buy the car/ wait for summer and just get yourself a beater for the winter / dd duty? I wouldn’t want to drive the car in DC in the summer, let alone the winter.

You’re talking about dropping almost 50 gs on a high powered rwd car and winter tires and wheels. What’s another 2 grand for a beater and you don’t have to stress at all ? I don’t understand some people’s logic

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Loaded PP2's can cost 50k plus, mine did. Even a PP1 with MR will cost you 50k loaded. The OTD price is a different story. Also, not sure I would want to buy a used GT350. Would rather get it new....same for any Mustang for that matter.
Why not? Under 10k miles on any Mustang is still brand new and u can get an extended warranty from ford as long as the car isn't modded.

Most people who can afford a gt350 tend to be older folks who fell in love with the car then sold it because the firmer ride was hurting them... So chances are very very good that these cars haven't been driven even 30% ...

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I love it when people say they buy a new car for the piece of mind that they will not have a break down and then when others suggest during the poorest months of the year to buy an old car?

In my area, the insurance, maintenance and all will cost more than a set of winter tires.

I prefer to drive one car all year round. I did not buy a car to leave it in the garage.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I love it when people say they buy a new car for the piece of mind that they will not have a break down and then when others suggest during the poorest months of the year to buy an old car?

In my area, the insurance, maintenance and all will cost more than a set of winter tires.

I prefer to drive one car all year round. I did not buy a car to leave it in the garage.
Some good points. I have another vehicle but still wouldn't mind getting winter wheels and tires for the Stang so I can enjoy it all year. Even if it only got out a couple of times each month in the winter.

Sponsored

TPinBC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A, 2018 GT 401A
Did you consider all season tires? I am in the mid Atlantic too, and yes we get a little snow. Not sure if you need to go full fledged snow tire. It is up to you. For me, for my pp2 I found Cooper Zeon as3 all seasons in the 305 30 19.
Did you install those cooper Zeons? How do they ride?

Bluezeke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Did you install those cooper Zeons? How do they ride?
Yes I did and they a pretty good. Do they grip as well as the cup 2’s? Nothing ever will. But the coopers go through water without hydroplaning. Ive used them before in the winter on another car and had no problems. They are a pretty good all season tire.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
4EDD90E5-F3F5-4EE6-B26F-E5466E556B51.jpeg
My PP2 is all dressed for winter with new winter boots. Since I have yet to decide on which rim and offset, I went with a set of Blizzak LM-32 in 275/35R19 to closely match the original Cup2 diameter and get the narrowest wheel on the stock rims. I know I will buy a set of 19x9.5 rim. I just need to determine the offset and style.

Here is my baby after a ONR wash and the new Turtlewax Hybrid Solutions Ceramics Sealant that just came out only days ago.
8DE8B1AA-0C51-4F32-93E5-E46B68914BC6.jpeg

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Hello all,

So, I've found a 2019 Mustang GT PP2, and about to pull the trigger. I need some help. First of - I am extremely worried about purchasing this car in this time of the year (Washington DC) due to upcoming weather change.
And second - the price. Buying a 2019 car now in October of 2019, I really want to get a good deal. These are the numbers:

MSRP: $50,940
Sale price with rebates: $43237
+ Freight: 1095
+ Processing: 799

I got an additional $1000 on my trade in, which I am very happy about. No other dealer would budge. (Mustang Ecoboost Premium, PP - 40,000 miles and I got $15K trade in).

I have a feeling I can get ^ this purchase price in April - May of 2020 as well... Am I wrong?
We have signed a contract, but I am told they can rip it apart if I decide not to go with it. I told them I wanted to get a few nights sleep and think it over....

Another question are the tires. Would these winter tires work with these wide wheels?

WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II
295/30R19 - for the rears
285/30R19 - for the front

^ I am picking these sizes up due to planning on purchasing the SVE SP2 wheels to be my dedicated winter wheels for the future (due to be stocked in December of 2019).

Overall - I am very happy with the car. I will be dailying it, which kind of worries me. Also - although I can afford it, I am getting a weird feeling in my stomach making a big purchase such as this.... Ahhhh decision decisions...

Any input / comments / advice on the tires are highly appreciated. Thank you all.
Bro you'll be fine. Buy the car, buy another set of wheels used and slap some winter tires on them. But the cup 2s in a tire storage bag.

There's a Facebook group for s550 owners you can find another set of wheels on there for 1000.00 all day and stock PP wheels for 600ish... No tires

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Guys -

Thank you all very much. I did buy the car (page 3 for the pictures)! Sorry for bumping a super old thread, but I want to provide an update for any one on the fence/having the same 2 issues I experienced. (tire whine at 70-73 mph) and winter tires.

1.) I did sell the Cup 2's for $900-1000. I can't remember the exact price.
2.) I did install Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 (275/35R19). Honestly with the very cold weather here in Maryland, rain, a little ice we experienced, it is a very good set. Blizzak's may have been overkill. Be mindful of the tire load specification, and the Michelin A/S 3+ at 275/35R19 does not support the Max Load requirement per the sticker on the driver's side. We need about 1700 lbs and the Continental's are at this spec.

The tire whine 70-73mph is gone. Like someone had suggested, it must be unique to the Cup 2's.

The dealer provided a re-alignment and now the steering wheel is perfect :) I am loving every minute of this car.

Now I need to figure out a way of getting rid off the drilled license plate holder on the bumper, and hopefully do it like @Fly2High 's setup! The bumper was already drilled when I had picked it up!

Here she is...... :)

I am ordering the 275/35/R19 Blizzak's shortly LOL

Putting everything aside, 2 things have killed my excitement pretty shortly.

1.) There is a noticeable whining (like a bad wheel bearing/differential) at 70-72MPH. Super annoying. I am bringing it in tomorrow.

2.) Even though the alignment is straight, the steering wheel is looking to the right slightly..

IMG-6067.JPG
IMG-6066.JPG
IMG-6065.JPG

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
4EDD90E5-F3F5-4EE6-B26F-E5466E556B51.jpeg
My PP2 is all dressed for winter with new winter boots. Since I have yet to decide on which rim and offset, I went with a set of Blizzak LM-32 in 275/35R19 to closely match the original Cup2 diameter and get the narrowest wheel on the stock rims. I know I will buy a set of 19x9.5 rim. I just need to determine the offset and style.

Here is my baby after a ONR wash and the new Turtlewax Hybrid Solutions Ceramics Sealant that just came out only days ago.
8DE8B1AA-0C51-4F32-93E5-E46B68914BC6.jpeg
Love the Ruby Red metallic although I'm a bit biased. Pics of this color don't do it justice. In the sun, in person the paint is simply amazing
Sponsored