2018 Front End Conversion for 2015-2017

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
So I bought my 2017 GT earlier this year with no regrets, but plans for replacing the hood, fenders, and bumper with something else down the line, mostly GT350 stuff with a Steeda front clip.

Now I'm wondering what it would take to go for the 2018 style headlights, since I've never particularly liked the shape of the 2015-17's, but not enough to warrant trading mine in and losing a ton of money in the process.

I think it's inevitable that someone will make GT350 fenders and hoods for the 2018. I'm hoping someone makes a revised front end that fixes the weird origami lower portion of the 2018 fascia.

I know we're still months away from anyone getting the first 18s, but does anybody know if we'll need a new radiator support structure to clear the lower hood line? I'm guessing so, since that's the case with the GT350.

Thanks guys.
if this is still of interest.. I just did a front OEM 2018+ conversion (model year 2019) to OEM GT350 at Akins Ford in GA. I will be selling the 18+ front parts that are in pristine condition...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
if this is still of interest.. I just did a full front end OEM 2018+ conversion (model year 2019 to be exact) to OEM GT350 at Akins Ford in GA. I will be selling the 18+ front-end parts that are in pristine condition...

Any pics?

What, if any, issues did you run into doing the GT350 conversion? Was it straight forward or did you have to transfer a lot of the GT350 components over besides just the hood, bumper cover and fenders?

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Any pics?

What, if any, issues did you run into doing the GT350 conversion? Was it straight forward or did you have to transfer a lot of the GT350 components over besides just the hood, bumper cover and fenders?
Yes, they took pics of the process and finished product. I will create a thread for benefit of our member friends interested in details.

In summary...

First, not an upgrade I would have considered had it not been for a minor misfortune courtesy of Wade Ford: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/a-tale-of-damages-malpractice-at-wade-ford-ga.126198/

It was straightforward once 1) the wiring harness differences were sorted out, and 2) the cooling brake duct on the passenger side was ignored. It did involve minutia of parts in addition to the obvious ones. You will need a wiring harness from a GT 15-17, and the wiring harness of your GT 18+ to incorporate into the 15-17 what is needed for circuits to work.

I will link the new thread here once I have it up.

Last edited:

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name