Sponsored

The Movie Joker. Is everyone watching the same film I am?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I ask because first R rated movie to gross 1 billion, oscar talk for Phoenix, eveyrone just going on about how an amazing film it is????

I saw it and was bored to tears, it was awful. slow boring. and 2 hours of him looking sad and laughing. The only interesting part was the last 10 mins. the rest of the movie was a waste of time and just plain awful. How in the world is this being proclaimed as a such a great movie? NO one I have asked in the real world has said anything good about it. most have said the same as me.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Another opportunity for DeNiro to get on the awards stage and grand stand his ignorance in politics. That would be my guess. Scorsese is involved so that gives it an auto nomination as well. Phoenix is the hat trick to the claim of being award material. The 1989 movie "Batman", gave depth enough to how the Joker came to be without any need for further depth on the topic for me.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I thought the same thing. Was not interesting and I considered leaving the movie altogether and walking out. It was gruesome for the sake of being gruesome which is not something I found entertaining.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'm looking forward to Ford V Ferrari that came out Friday. Now that's a movie to go see.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i thought it was pretty good. not amazing. kind of felt more like a pilot for a tv show

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I love super hero movies, but everything from DC in the last 5+ years has been terrible. I've gotten so I don't even consider going to a DC movie in the theater.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I enjoy superhero movies, but I have no interest in seeing Joker. The only good DC movie lately was Wonder Woman, and Gal Gadot was the only good thing in the other movies she was in, Batman v Superman, and Justice League.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Movie kept you in a balance between almost being sympathetic to him and then being shocked and outraged by the violence. At the end of the day I thought it was an interesting piece on the origin of a character we've known and loved. Certainly better than the origin story given to him in the Keaton film with him falling into cosmetic chemicals or Jared Leto's weird portrayal.

Fastfook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
S550
Interesting. Seems like it's got nothing but rave reviews - maybe just a media blitz or some kind of PR? Guess I'll have to judge for myself.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I enjoy superhero movies, but I have no interest in seeing Joker. The only good DC movie lately was Wonder Woman, and Gal Gadot was the only good thing in the other movies she was in, Batman v Superman, and Justice League.
Gal is really easy on the eyes, but I still wanted to walk out of that movie. I think the only reason I didn't walk out is I'm a cheap bastard and I already paid for the ticket.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rico
Vehicle(s)
90 5L, 84 capri rs, 17 gt pp, 09 f350 6.4L
I found it crap, I dont go to the theater to watch a 2 hour documentary on society's issues and 10 minutes of the joker I want to see... wish I had gone to see Ford vs Ferrari.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I was watching "Ford vs Ferrari" and noticed it was an older crowd in the theatre. One of the few young couples watching left during first half of movie.
Seems young people love cartoon movies, that is who Hollywood is making movies for. The crowd that spends money at movies on date night then goes home to parents house. Eternal childhood?
Then again ask yourself, If the news is bias and deceptive about reporting the news, then maybe the movie reviews are the same? Follow the money!

Farisso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darissa
Vehicle(s)
mustang 6g
I watched the Joker movie only after this year's Harley Quinn movie. I liked the movie, but I can’t say that this is a masterpiece.

Farisso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darissa
Vehicle(s)
mustang 6g
For a very long time I wanted to buy a treadmill for home, but I understand that I will rarely be engaged in it at home and that it’s just a waste of money.